Chapter Six

Double The Trouble

Yannie P.O.V.


You’re meant for something.

Dig deeper.

Find the history.

They’re hiding something.

Don’t be fooled.

I woke up, startled. I heard many people speaking.

“SSsh, sssh!” 

“Be quiet!”

“Stop talking you idiots, they’re still sleeping!” 

I groggily sat up in my bed and saw the group of guys standing at my door. They all gave me sheepish looks.

“Uh, surprise?!” They shouted, along with lots of confetti and party poppers. The noise filled the room and Jackson woke up in a jump. 

“What, who, where, why? I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!” He screamed. I rolled my eyes.

“You idiot, it’s your birthday today!” Mark explained. His face turned confused, then happy.

“HOLY ! I’M FINALLY 21! YAAAAY!” As Jackson yelled that, more pops went off and more confetti filled the air. 

“WOOOH!” Everyone screamed, except Mark, who was just smiling happily in the corner. I tried smiling along with everyone.

“Yah, we’re finally 21, why the gloomy face?” My younger twin asked. I didn’t want to tell him about the odd dream I just had.

“Yah. You just interrupted my perfect slumber and you have guts to say that!” I yelled at him. The other guys look at me with a freaked out look. I faked a small laugh. “But thank you guys for doing this.” They all laughed again. 

We all celebrated for a bit, but then they left my room for a bit with Jackson. To be honest, I wanted to hear more of that dream. 

“What did that even mean?” I questioned to myself. I shook of the thought and just tied my hair into an old-fashioned high bun. I walked out the door and there was already a big feast on the table. The foods that were staring at me were french toast, pancakes, waffles, bacon, and buttered bread. There was also more butter on the side and a bottle of syrup. I smiled at the thought they put in. 

“Yannie, sit down and eat with us!” The maknae spoke. I nodded. I still felt sort of uncomfortable from the sudden dream I had. I suddenly heard a snap in my ears.

“Yah, Yannie, are you ok?” Mark questioned. “You’ve been out of it all morning.” I shook my head.

“Nothing, just an odd dream,” I stated honestly, yet I didn’t tell him all the details. He looked a bit concerned. He suddenly leaned closer to me. I gulped. Was he gonna kiss me? What the hell? Instead, he leaned to my ear. 

“Come to me if you have any questions about this world we’re living in,” He whispered in my ear. I faced him. Our faces were only centimeters apart from each other, but at the moment, I didn’t care much. What I cared about was how he knew what I was thinking about. 

“Yah, stop having loving moments when we’re all around,” Jinyoung said. 

“Yeah, I get it’s Yannie’s birthday and all, but please, cut the PDA,” Youngjae stated. I just scoffed and looked away. Mark and I just smiled at each other; we both knew what we were really thinking about.

Soon, birthday breakfast was over. 

“Man, I’m really we got to celebrate a birthday again, I was so tired from training all the time!” Yugyeom said leaning back in his chair. 

“Well, good for you guys, I canceled training today in honor of the twins’ birthday,”Mark proclaimed. All the guys, including me, started whooping and cheering.

“YESSS! No more fighting Mark and stupid dummies in the training center!” Jaebum cheered. All the boys set off to clean up their table, others sat down on the couch watching some TV. On the other hand, I went to my room.

“Yannie, we’re probably gonna go out to celebrate you guys’ birthday, so you should change out of your pajamas,” Bambam informed. I nodded to him. I hurried to my room. I sat down on my bed. I brushed my hands through my hair out of stressed thoughts. 

“What world am I living in right now?” I rarely ever got nightmares. Only on occasion, and for nothing special, I would get nightmares. But, this nightmare was different, it felt so real, like someone was telling me something, like I was supposed to use this knowledge. I tried to shake away my “silly” thoughts, but, still, I knew I was somewhat right this time. Due to my shaken mindset, I just through on some clothes and didn’t put any thought into it. I pulled on a U.S. flag sweater and some jean shorts. 

I then slipped on my blue vans and left the house with everyone. Everyone was happy, cheerful, and full of conversation, except for me. I felt someone nudge my shoulder. 

“What are you thinking so hard about?” Mark asked me. I looked to him, startled. 
“Oh, u-uh, nothing,” I stuttered. He scoffed.

“Really? You’re usually bright and talkative, but now you’re not. And it’s your birthday,” Mark claimed. I shrugged.

“I just have nothing to talk about,” I lied. I had so many questions for him.

“You sure? Nothing about anything on this planet, at all?" He questioned. It's like he was testing me. When I fell silent for a moment, he knew he got me. He just chuckled though. "It's fine to have questions, Yannie," He continued. I looked up at him.

"Fine, then after this fun day is over, let's meet up and talk about it. Just me and you," I stated. He scoffed.

"Is this just a sneaky way to ask me on a date?" He asked. I scoffed at him.

"Really? You make me confess the truth then tease me about asking you on a date? From my perspective, it make more sense for me to say that to you," I stated. He gawked at me, but before he could make a sneaky comeback. I heard Jackson yelling for me. 

"Yah! Jaquel! Take a picture for me with the others!" He demanded.  I quickly snapped the pic for them underneath some weird waterfall we ran into. 

At the end of the day, we all got together and had another big feast. A cake was prepared for us. We blew out the 21 candles standing, then I realized, I had to meet up with Mark. When we were all packing up to leave, I had to sneak up to Mark. I looked around and saw all the guys going to the bathrooms and their rooms. I glanced around to find Jackson and realized he was going to our room. I gulped slowly. Hopefully I will get some answers today.

"Mark," I called softly. He turned around to look at me. "Where should we go?" I asked. 

"Easy, the training center," He replied shortly. 

We went out to walk to the training center, might I mention it was about 10 PM at night. 

"Why are we going to far to talk?" I asked. "Can't we just go to some cafe?" He shook his head. 

"No, we have to go somewhere that's more secretive," Mark replied. 

"Why?" I questioned. He just ignored me. 

When we reached the building, he led me inside. He led me to a medium sized room and shut the door. The walls were painted with black and a few papers were hung around the walls. There were two chairs. I sat down in one and he sat in the other. 

"So, ask away," He stated, gesturing his hands for me to speak. I raised a brow.

"That's it? You're just going to respond to everything I ask?" I asked. He nodded.

"Everything that I know." I nodded. 

"First, why was I really brought here? Let's just start off simple," I stated coldly. He shrugged.

"Because you turned 20-" I cut him off.

"Bull, give me the real answer," I spat. He raised a brow. 

"You think I'm lying?"

"No, I know you're lying." He chuckled.

"Think whatever you like but-"

"Tell me, Mark. If you wanted us to stay in Eris, you would have let us."

"False, powers are not allowed on Earth, we had to bring-"

"Then why did you wait so long? We used our powers way before." 

Mark did not respond. 

"Tell me, Mark, why does no one else have powers here?" I asked. His eyes widened.

"You noticed?" 

"Of course I did. You all just live weird lives and have abnormal strength. But, I've never noticed people lifting each other and pulling silly pranks. Trust me, I know young kids would use those powers for silly reasons like my twin and I did. Tell me, Mark. I need to know." I looked into his eyes while he just stared at mine. He gulped.

"Fine." 

 

Jackson P.O.V.

I was walking into my room and changing into my pajamas when I realized, Yannie was not next to me. 

"What the hell? Yannie?" I checked the bathroom, but she wasn't there. I snapped my fingers, "She's probably still cleaning up." I walked out, but saw no one. I smiled to myself. "She's probably hanging out with one of the guys." I knocked on Yugyeom and Bambam's door. 

"Hey Jackson, what's up?" Bambam asked.

"Is Yannie in here?" I asked. They both shook their heads. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Hmmm..." I closed their door before they could say anything. I knocked on Youngjae, Jaebum, and Jinyoung's room. "Yannie here?" I asked. They all shook their heads too. 

"Why, is she not here?" Youngjae asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I already looked all over for her." Jinyoung ruffled his own hair.

"That's weird, Mark isn't here either," Jaebum stated. We all paused for a second. Then, in realization, all looked at each other and screamed.

"OH MY GOD. THEY'RE HAVING !" I shouted. I ran out the door as fast as I could while the others just stared at each other in shock. I ran to the first place I could think of, the training center. I ran in to the place we usually train and then I walked slowly to Mark's office. They're probably in there. I approached the office with caution. I'm totally gonna bust them. But, to my confusion, I only heard them talking. I placed my ear to the door quickly at the sound of my name. 

"As you might know this world has some weird talents like abnormal strength and fighting skill that we train here." I heard a male voice say, I'm assuming that was Mark. Then I heard my sister's voice.

"So is Jackson and I having powers just a bit rare then?" I heard Mark gulped and sigh loudly. "What, tell me Mark."

"Ok, fine, here's the story that I've heard." Mark paused, then he continued. "Here in Eris, we have the king and queen system. We have royalty here. Obviously, their children will possess the same traits as them." I heard him stop.

"And?" Yannie asked. The confusion in my brain was so high right now. When Mark continued to speak, he spoke in a lower voice.

"Rumor has it, well, more like legend has it, that the first royals had powers." I heard him pause. What does that even mean? I just wanted him to continued.

"Wait, you're saying-" Mark cut her off.

"Let me just tell the full story," Mark said. I'm assuming Yannie let him as he continued to speak. "So, they were feared people. The usual traits people of Eris have is strength, fighting skills, and occasional telekinesis, which is somewhat rare-ish, but it's not considered royalty if you have that only. There's also mind-reading which some people have. Those aren't royalty powers. Royal powers are things like making things appear, using fire and ice. I don't know all of it since I've never seen royal powers being used." I heard him stop. But this was just getting interesting! I cursed under my breath. "But, making things appear, what you and Jackson did to cause trouble, that was of royal powers." I felt my world just stop.... Wait what? What does all this mean? I opened the door finally. I saw Yannie and Mark stand up. 

"Jackson, what are you doing here?" Yannie asked, but to be honest, I didn't have anything to say. then, I felt myself start to realize his words.

"A-are you saying?" I stuttered. "That Yannie and I could be of royalty?" I finally spat out. Yannie and I stared at Mark. He sighed and looked away.

"Yes." 

----------------------------------------

Well, it's finally summer guys, I'm finally updating! I'm sorry for not being able to update, but summer just appeared and I was soo busy during school. I was getting bombarded with tests and projects. But now it's summer! Woo! I'll try to update more frequently, but I just have sooo many new story ideas and my Microsoft word isn't working, so it's kinda hard.

Bye! Until next time.