Chapter Five

Double The Trouble

Yannie P.O.V.

I heard my alarm clock go off.

“Dammit, ‘nother day of training,” I mumbled. I looked to the side and surprisingly didn’t see my brother on his bed. I took a quick look around and then heard some noise. I got out of bed and checked near the bathroom. I knocked on the door. “Jackson! Are you taking a shower?” I asked.

“YEEESS!!” He shouted. A confused expression popped up on my face.

“Why? We have training today…” I trailed off. “Wait a minute…” I thought.

 

“DAMMIT! I’M SO SORE!” I remember shouting.

“Well good, because you will need a good night sleep tonight,” Mark countered. I rolled my eyes at him.

“You’re just lucky you don’t get sore from doing like, a million sit ups for warm ups, and then, ya know, fighting like maniacs,” I said, pretending to be nonchalant about it. He chuckled at that.

“I just wanted to inform you all that we’re going to a party tomorrow, so there will be no training tomorrow,” He informed. I paused and then all the guys started to yell and scream out of joy, including me.

“Awesome! I’ve always wanted to go to the Spring Ball,” Jr exclaimed. “Lots of hot chicks there.” He smirked. I rolled my eyes at his idiotic comment.

“What’s the Spring Ball?” Jackson asked before me.

“It’s the fanciest ball of the whole entire year to honor when spring comes,” Jaebum said. I nodded.

“Sounds exciting,” I commented. Mark nodded.

“Well, since you are all so excited, hurry to bed and you have to be up and ready by 9. That means showered, combed, and your teeth brushed. Your outfits will come in at 8:30 so you will have time to change. We will leave at 9:30 AM, sharp,” Mark informed. We all groaned.

“That’s so early, hyung,” Yugyeom whined. Bambam slapped his arm.

“Get over it, we’re going to the Spring Ball, be happy,” Bambam growled.

“Also, look happy! Lots of people want to meet you since you are training under such a big name.” Mark added.

 

“Oh, , the Spring Ball,” I checked the time, 8 o’ clock. My eyes widened. “Jackson hurry! I need to get ready too!” I shouted.

“OK! But you can’t rush beauty!” Jackson yelled back. I groaned.

“I swear to god, Jackson, if you don’t get out in 5 minutes, I’m going to help myself to the cabinet full of knives and dangerous things that can kill you,” I threatened. I heard the knob turn off right away. I chuckled. In a short time of 3 minutes, Jackson came out in his towel. “Finally sleeping beauty.” He humphed and walked away.

“You crazy lady!” He shouted at me while I walked in the bathroom. I rolled my eyes at him. I the knob and took a shower that lasted 10 minutes. I got out and dried myself. I checked the time and I had only 20 minutes till my clothes arrived. I just wrapped the towel around my body and slipped on my undergarments. I picked up the blow-dryer and dried my hair. I waited till it was completely dry and decided what to do with my hair. Should I do something with it? I shook my head. But you never do anything with it besides tying it in a bun or ponytail. But it’s a ball Wang Li Yan After all the fuss of confusing myself, I heard a knock on my door.

“COME IN!” Jackson yelled. I peeked my head out of the door and saw Mark enter. His eyes quickly looked away from me when he realized I was wearing just a towel. He quickly cleared his throat.

“Uhhh, people are here to do your hair and makeup,” He stated. I nodded.

“Do I need to get changed first?” I asked. Jackson looked back at me.

“WHAT THE HELL? Why are you like, ???” He screamed. I rolled my eyes.

“I just took a shower, and I’m covered too!” I claimed. He quickly shooed Mark out while stylist came in with a suit and a big poofy dress. My eyes widened since I haven’t worn a dress in ages. It was a long dress with the colors purple and it was accented with pink.

“I hope you like purple and pink, those are our planets colors,” One lady said smiling widely. She had short brown hair and an eye smile. She had light makeup on and her hair was tied back in a small ponytail. She held out her hand, “Hello, I’m Choi Jinri,” She introduced. “I know you’re the infamous Yannie who lives with all men,” She added with a smile. I smiled back awkwardly. I wasn’t used to this girly girl attitude she was giving off. She snapped her fingers at the other workers. “Hurry, this girl isn’t dressed, get her dress ready!” She ordered. She smiled back at me. “I’m going to be your head hair stylist and makeup artist.” She took my hand back into the bathroom while others brought my dress in. I had mixed feelings about the dress. It was pretty and beautiful, but I don’t wear dresses often. “Do you have our bra and underwear on?” She asked.

“Yup,” I responded. She smiled.

“Good, makes things easier for us,” She said. I raised a brow. I took off my towel while they slowly stuffed me into the dress. After they were done, I looked at myself in the mirror. I admit, I looked different in a dress, but I didn’t really care much about it. Jinri clasped her hands. “Perfect! You look magnificent in this dress!” She shouted smiling. “You already look beautiful enough, I’m wondering if I should even do more,” She questioned. “But orders are orders.” She pulled out a chair and made me sit down in it. Her other staff laid out tons of brushes, lipsticks, and other things I can’t name.

Makeup and hair took about 45 minutes. It was around 9:15 when I finished. My hair was curled and hair sprayed til it felt stiff. Makeup caked my face, but I didn’t feel any heavier.

“We use the best makeup so your makeup won’t smear or feel heavy on your face,” Jinri said. “We also use the best hair products so you can dance all you want and it won’t fall out.” She smiled.

“Thanks,” I said. She nodded.

“It’s my job, don’t mention it,” She said. I nodded. They helped get my dress out of the bathroom while I saw Jackson always done. His eyes widened.

“Woah! You look crazy different!” He said in shock. I rolled my eyes.

“I just got makeup on, I got my hair did, and then I put on a dress, nothing changed,” I stated laughing a bit.

“Whatever, you look nice,” He added.

“And you look spiffy too,” I commented. I exited the room and saw all the guys waiting for me.

“WOW, you look…” Youngjae started.

“Nice,” Mark finished, smiling at me. I felt a blush sneak up on my cheeks and I smiled back. Jinri then came running out of the room.

“I almost forgot the shoes you’re supposed to wear!” She exclaimed. She handed me like, 10 inch heels for me to wear.

“Woah, woah woah, I can barely walk in sneakers, and you expect me to wear these poles on my feet?” I gawked. She chuckled.

“They’re meant for beginners, they look high, but we custom made them so they feel just like flats. Let’s just say, its Eris technology.” She grinned. I slipped them on unsurely and they did feel like flats. “Well, I mean, at the end of the day, they’ll feel sore, but they’ll feel normal while wearing it.” I nodded.

“Ok, get into the car kids!” Mark yelled. We all packed into the car, while my dress took about half the space.

“Wow, way to take up space,” Jackson sassed. I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever, your fatass always takes up space in the car,” I sassed back. He scoffed.

“Stop fighting Tom and Jerry, we’re going to the biggest event of our lives,” Mark said.

“Not until next year when spring rolls around again,” I added, smirking. Jackson fist bumped me. Mark then rolled his eyes. We soon got at the ball and the location was beautiful.

“Holy cow, this place is huge!” Yugyeom exclaimed.

“It is! Look at that fountain!” Youngjae said excitedly.

“Look at all the hot babes,” Jr said, daring to wink at one while they fangirled at him.  I scoffed at the comment and we all walked into the ballroom.

“Woah,” I exclaimed.

“This is amazing!” Bambam exclaimed along with Yugyeom. Mark just chuckled.

“Well, get used to it, there’s also a summer, fall, and winter ball,” Mark said. There were girls in big gowns and men in suits. Mark sighed and said, “Well, let’s meet up right here in 3 hours, go have fun now.” The guys had whooped and soon were long gone. I smiled at Mark before I left and walked into the big herd of people. I saw a large table filled with foods and goodies. I found myself being pulled to the extreme goodness.

“Hello,” A voice had startled me. I quickly whipped my head to my right. I found myself having eye-contact with a handsome guy, maybe the same age as me, maybe a bit older. He carefully took my hand. “May I ask such a beautiful girl to dance with me?” He asked. I smiled, a bit unsure, but complied anyways. He led me to the dancefloor and placed his hands on my hips. I put my hands around his neck and he led the dancing. His smile was charming. “My name’s Kim Soohyun, what about you?” He introduced.

“Wang Li Yan, but you can call me Yannie as my nickname,” I introduced. He smiled again.

“Beautiful name for a beautiful girl,” He complimented. I felt like I should be flattered, but for some reason; I didn’t feel shy. I just smiled at his statement.

“Thank you, not too shabby yourself,” I said back. He chuckled at my fun joke. We quickly went into a great conversation. We bantered back and forth, asking simple questions like our favorite colors or pets, but the conversation turned into a weird one soon by a simple question.

“Why did you suddenly sign up for being a fighter?” He asked. I gave him a raised brow.

“Oh, uh, I didn’t really choose,” I replied. He nodded. “They sorta just told me I had too. How did you know?” I asked, very curious.

“Your dress, only people who are in training where our planet’s colors,” He replied. I nodded.

“I really had no idea,” I responded.

“It’s a really great honor for defending our planet,” He said. My face turned confused after that statement.

“Defending out planet?” I asked again, confusement written all over my face.

“Yeah, don’t you know-“ Soohyun was cut off by another guy, who happened to be Mark.

“How bout you leave Soohyun,” Mark said with a low voice. I wondered why the tension between the two. They had a staring contest for a moment, then he left.

“I’ll see you again sometime, yeah?” Soohyun asked before he left. I nodded and smiled. He then disappeared into the large crowed of people. Mark grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me outside, where no one was around.

“Hey, hey, hey, what are you doing?” I protested. Mark gave me a stern look.

“What were you doing with him?” He asked.

“Uhm, dancing since it’s a ball afterall!” I exclaimed. “What’s your deal with him?” I demanded. Mark turned tense.

“Just stay away from him, he’s bad news,” He replied. I raised a brow. I knew there was something else, but I’ll choose another time to investigate, plus, I want to do the investigating myself, so I let this topic drop.

“Fine, so, has it been 3 hours yet?” I asked. He looked at his watch and nodded. “Holy , I was talking with him for like, the whole entire time,” I admitted. Mark closed his eyes in anger and rubbed his face.

“Whatever, just don’t talk to him ever again.” We then went back to our meeting place. I had to figure out the tenseness between them. I had this weird feeling about Soohyun too though, and what did he mean about defending the planet? Thoughts had struck me one by one, but I had no answer to them. I sighed. This was the first time I thought, what the hell is my purpose for being here? I doubt it’s for just turning a certain age; they still wouldn’t make us train like maniacs. Plus, not every 20 year old female in this ball was wearing purple and pink. Something felt fishy in this world, in this planet. I feel like this Soohyun, Mark thing was just the first thing of my problems; I just have to dig a bit deeper about Eris’s history.

 

 

--------------------------------

Hello! It's been a super long time, I'm super sorry! I keep postponing my updates and I only have time on weekends, grrrr school! I hope you all love this update, trust me, it's gonna get interesting soon and you'll start to know more about the history of Eris, Yannie and Jackson, and more about their powers! ^^      The next update will be about Yannie and Jackson's birthday! I know, I'm late, but still, I need show them turning 21, LOL.

Comment please and have a very happy Easter!!!! :)

 

 

 

 

Links are not mine.