Chapter Four

Double The Trouble

Yannie P.O.V.

“GET UP!!!!” I heard someone yell in my ear.

“What the ?” I yelled. It wasn’t my brother, I know that for sure.

“I said get up Yannie!” The guy shouted. I grabbed my pillows and covered my ears. The man grabbed my pillow and flung it across the room. I slapped him and buried myself under the sheets. “YOU DID NOT JUST SLAP ME!” He shouted. I looked at the guy finally and saw no one but Hongbin.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned.

“Waking you up for your first day of training!” He said like there was nothing wrong.

“You could have done it nicer!” I suggested. He rolled his eyes.

“It’s punishment for skipping dinner with all of us!” He retorted. “Now get up, I already woke up Jackson after a fight too. I'm leaving after this, be good to all of them.” He left my room. I just groaned. I just changed into my clothes. I stripped off my shirt the old fashion way and threw it on my bed. I put on a bra, because I obviously don’t sleep with one on. I was clipping together my bra clip and then I heard my door open. I turned, thinking it was Jackson, but, it wasn’t. My eyes widened.

“WHAT THE HELL? MARK GET OUT OF MY ROOM, YOU ERT!” I shouted. His normally stable his turned into bug ones as he saw me, and I think I even saw a red blotch forming on his cheeks. He mumbled a sorry and closed the door.

“Smooth move dude,” I heard my twin say from the other side. And then Mark grunting, probably from Jackson punching him. A few seconds later, I heard a knock on my door. I quickly pulled a random shirt over my head.

“Come in!” I replied. I saw Mark enter.

“Uhhh, I have clothes for you to change into. Training starts today.” He handed a pile of clothes over to me. He handed me a pair of gray shorts and a loose gray T-shirt, I guess they love gray here. “Wear this to train, everyday. We’ll get more for you.” He then left the room.

“Weirdos,” I muttered. I quickly changed into the clothes then left the room. I walked outside and saw everyone waiting.

“Finally,” Jackson mumbled. I just sneered at him.

“C’mon guys, let’s get training,” Mark said. We walked onto the nice purple soil and the air was nice and crisp smelling. “Ok, first warm up, we’re gonna run there, Jackson and Yannie, stay in the back so you know where to go.”

“Wait, what? This early-“ I got cut off by the trampling noises of boys, then they were all gone. “Wait, guys!” I called. I swear, I didn’t see them in the sight. I swore under my breath. “They have speed powers or something?” I asked to myself. Well, I guess I’m gonna follow the trail of footsteps. I took my time jogging to the warehouse I saw in front of me.

As I arrived there, the boys were already waiting outside the door.

“Yah, took you long enough!” Jaebum (I think) said.

“Well, I was sorta lost, ya know, just a tad,” I said with sarcasm oozing out of my mouth. The rest of the guys were just staring at me. I didn’t know whether to look back or just look away. I coughed awkwardly. “Well, let’s start some training,” I said not-so excitedly. I then looked up at the two guards.

“HEYYY! You two are the ones we met yesterday and pushed me back til’ I went flying,” Jackson exclaimed, but went dull at the end of the sentence. The guards just stared at us with a blank stare. “Fine then, no response, I see,” Jackson huffed. Mark has just rolled his eyes at Jackson’s childish behavior.

“We’re here for training,” Mark spoke to them.

“Training… them?” The guy, which I think was named Jaehyun, asked pointing directly at me and Jackson.

“Yeah, they’re new here,” Mark whispered to him.

“YEAH, uh, we’re still here,” I said before they could say something else. They just gave an intense stare at me and let us inside.

“If only it was that easy,” I whispered in Jackson’s ear. He just responded with, “I wish.”

The inside of the training center was a dark metallic color. It had bright lights on the ceiling with metal cages surrounding it, just like the clock and other breakable items. We passed others training.

I saw a boy, maybe my age, fighting with nunchucks. He was swift and quick with his hand movement. His hands and feet were perfectly in sync.

Then, we passed a girl, again, maybe around my age. She was fighting against a man who looked a couple years younger than her. She looked like she was going slightly easy on him as she was in total control of her body, but the guy wasn’t. He easily fell to his knees as she kicked him to the ground. She turned her body my way and gave me a venomous glare. I just smirked at her and walked past.

“And this is where we train,” Mark said, breaking my thoughts.

It was a huge arena filled with bright lights, again with cages over glass. It had shelves and cabinets of weapons. I spotted a rack of spears, knives, bows, arrows, swords, lots of the quick to grab weapons.

“So, pick your poison kids,” Mark said to me and Jackson.

“Huh, us?” Jackson asked.

“Yes you guys,” He responded.

“But we haven’t even fought professionally before!” I complained. Mark gave a sharp look.

“Look, this is where we find out what you’re good at, now just pick one that speaks to you,” He demanded. I gulped. I gave a slight glance to Jackson as he already made his way to the rack of weapons. He had chosen the knife, so, I decided I should to. “Hmmm… The same weapon? You really must be twins,” Mark stated. He got into a stance, “Now fight me.” My eyes widened.

“But, you have no-“I was cut off by Jackson charging at him. Jackson was easily knocked down to his feet in no time, as the knife went flying across the room. Mark gave a small smirk as he fell, but composed himself.

“Yannie, your turn.” I felt my body shake with nervousness, but yet excitement, being able to fight someone.

“Is it ok if I don’t use any weapons?” I asked. Mark raised a brow. He nodded. I threw my knife to the side of the room. The other boys just looked at me as if I just murdered a baby. I just shrugged to them. Mark got into his stance again.

I breathed in a big breath of air and my breathing became unsteady because of the anxiety. We tested eachother out for the longest time.

“Come on Yannie, I’ll you throw t-“ I cut him off by kicking him in the shin. He let out a low grunt but still smiled at me. He threw a punch and I used my flexibility to do a back bend. His expression was something with surprise and delightedness. I gave him a smug look.

“What? You don’t think I took self-defence classes living on my own? I am the oldest,” I explained.

“Do you really need to mention you’re the oldest all the time?” I heard Jackson ask, but I ignored him. I threw a punch at Mark, but of course, he dodged it. He kicked my leg next, trying to make me fall, but he doesn’t think I kick myself there to make myself immune to that? I grabbed his arm to throw him over me, but he grabbed my arm and twisted it. I grunted in response to the pain. I looked in his eyes and he just gave me a stern stare. I sighed and jumped up and kicked his chest, hard. He fell to the ground.

The other boys clapped for me as Mark was looking at me like I achieved something really awesome.

“WOW, Mark, you just got beat by a girl!” The maknae exclaimed as the other boys ‘oooh’ed.

The boys kept cheering, but I didn’t feel accomplished. I felt like he was going easy on me. As I kicked his chest, it was very sturdy, but he still fell. But, why is he going easy on me? This is a training facility. Plus, he didn’t go easy on Jackson. Is it because I’m a girl? I pondered about it until we got home.

“Good job guys, keep up the good work,” Mark said. The others nodded. We all headed straight towards the kitchen, but there was nothing to be found.

“Seriously guys? Do you like, never go shopping?” I asked. The guys just gave a sheepish smile.

“So, who’s going out to buy us food?” Jr asked. No one raised their hand.

“You guys are so immature, let’s just play rock-paper-scissors to go,” Mark demanded. Everyone put their hands in, scared by Mark’s tactics.

“The last three will go out,” Jaebum said. We all nodded.

First, Youngjae won. Then Jaebum, then Bambam, then Jackson, then Yugyeom. In the end, Mark, Jr, and I went out.

I went to my closet to get a jacket, then realizing I didn’t have one to wear. I only had the essentials like my pajamas, and a few pair of outfits. But not enough. Hongbin and Leo only supplied me with cheap clothes.

I just sighed and walked out by myself.

 We walked out as one. Super awkward.

“So, where’s the store?” I asked, breaking the silence.

“10 minutes away.” Mark stated. I just nodded and awkwardly looked away. After 10 long minute, we arrived at the store.

“What are we getting?” I asked Mark.

“Food,” He stated. I rolled my eyes.

“No way, I thought we were eating cardboard,” I said sarcastically. He gave a small smile as he was chuckling. I smiled and looked away shyly. Wait, did I just act like a teenage girl?

“WOW, feeling like a real right now,” Jr said. I just laughed with Mark awkwardly. “OK, I think I’m going to walk away now and leave you lovebirds alone.” He walked into the store, leaving Mark and I alone.

Even though I didn’t want it to happen, I felt my cheeks heating up.

“Hey, are you blushing?” Mark asked staring at me right in front of my face. Embarrassed, I pushed him away playfully.

“Whatever, ever heard of something called personal space?” I muttered brushing my hair back. I saw him smile wide.

“C’mon, let’s go into the store and help Jr,” He said.

The store was bigger than it looked like on the outside. It had plain white walls and shelves all in neat rows. Mark and I walked down the rows.

“So, why’d you come here?” Mark asked. I looked towards him.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Why did you move from Earth to here? You must have something special,” Mark explained.

“Well, I sort of-“

“I’M DONE!” We heard Jr yell. Mark and I walked towards him outside of the store. He smirked. “Enjoy your little date?” He teased. I rolled my eyes along with Mark.

“Whatever, you’re just jealous you don’t have as much girls going after you,” Mark tested. Jr glared at him.

“Well, you’re just mad you can’t get in any girl’s pants,” Jr retorted. I gave a surprised look on my face. I didn’t know Jr was this kind of guy.

“It’s not like I want to anyways,”Mark said walking in front. I glanced at Jr, but he was already staring at me with a erted look. I raised a brow.

“What?” I asked. He just shrugged and walked on. “What’s up with these guys leaving people behind?” I asked myself.

“FOOD!” Jackson yelled. Jr just got packs of ramen for today, but no one was complaining. We ate our ramen in peace, you know, besides the rapid slurping of noodles.

Soon later, we just went to bed.

“MAN, since we ate ramen late, my face is going to be swollen in the morning!” My twin exclaimed.

“When did you start caring about when your face is swollen or not? We used to eat ramen before bed all the time at home,” I asked. He stared at me like I did something wrong.

“Well, that was before the guys told me that everyone loved them in Eris. I can’t go out looking like a blowfish!” Jackson screamed and face-planted on the bed. I rolled my eyes at my childish brother.

“Jackson, no one is even going to notice,” I said.

“Easy for you to say!” Jackson exclaimed. God, what am I supposed to do with him? “Are you even a girl? You aren’t even concerned about your appearance!” Jackson yelled. I went silent. Do people look at me and think I’m pretty? Does Mark think I’m pretty? I smacked my head silently when I walked in the bathroom. Should I start thinking about my appearance? No, I’m not that type of girl. I breathed out and just went to bed, shaking the thoughts out of my head. 

---------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I hope you all like this chapter! I've just been having so much school work bombed on me + writers block. T_T   Sorry everyone! I hope you had an awesome thanksgiving and ate til your heart's content! 

Have an awesome and please give me feedback! ^^