Day 1: Meeting Up With Old Friends...

He's Just a Best Friend (An Ex-Love Spin-Off)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          "Eun Ji, are you okay?" Jungkook asked me.

          "Yes Jungkook, stop asking me all the time. Theres nothing to be concerned about..." I said calmly while taking a sip of my latte.

          "But..." Jungkook said while looking down.

          "I know, Taehyung died--but it's okay. He wouldn't want me to be sad and sluging around all the time. You've been doing that more then me. Are you okay?" I asked Jungkook as he avoided eye-contact with me and on his lips. I smiled gently and patted his head softly. "Come on, we should go visit him soon." I said and grabbed his wrist while getting up from our pit-stop.

          We hopped into the silver car, with Jungkook in the drivers seat. We sped off with my outgrown hair blowing in the wind. I looked over at Jungkook to see small, very small tears forming in the corners of his eyes, flowing backwards in the direction of the frothy air. I looked at his saddened face shortly before leaning my hands in to whip his tear away. 

          "It's okay to cry, Kookie. I did too, a lot but after you think about how he--I'm sorry if this sounds harsh--can never ever cry again, don't you think it'll be good to stay strong, in honor of him?" I asked as I kept my hand on his shoulder. 

          "Don't call me Kookie." He said while letting out a small laugh and whipping the tears I couldn't reach. I laid the bouquet for his grave on my lap and took his free hand while he continued to drive. I intertwined my fingers with his and hummed quietly to the song playing calmly on the radio.

          I turned my head slowly to the side, facing the landscape through the pulled-down window. I raised my free arm to my chin and rested my head on the palm of my hand. Looking back at Jungkook, he was focused on the road and the song playing through the radio. I turned my head back out the window and smiled a meaningful smile while rubbing away my one, single, and last tear to be seen coming from my glistened eyes.

          The car came to a stop awhile after, and before I could even unbuckle my seat belt, I saw Jungkook at the side of the car, opening the door for me ever so kindly. He stuck out his hand and helped me step out. I reached back in the car for the collection of Taehyung's favorite flowers; purple mullein's. We walked up the cemetery's hill, hand-in-hand as I held my breath trying to prevent any tears from a stricken flow. We arrived slowly at his grave and we both stood in front of it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter