30 days of drabbles: day three - restless (taemin)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

Taemin is just fourteen years old when he debuts, an age for other normal teenagers to be studying for high school exams and some for middle school exit exams. It’s all been a blur, really, sleeping in the dorms, training non-stop, but to him, it’s not really training.

It’s his passion. Compared to Jonghyun hyung and Jinki hyung, his voice doesn’t compare. Sometimes, he likes to stand behind closed doors and revel in their singing, placing the goal in front of him to be able to sing that well. The group has been working on Replay for a while now and he’s genuinely excited. He may be shy, but he loves his little solo dance at the end despite the number of times he’s thought how silly it might’ve looked, but it’s dancing. Any move or motion is dancing, no matter its difficulty or simplicity.

The runner backstage is calling for them, telling them to get ready to run in on-stage when the performing group leaves. His eyes sparkle as the five of them shuffle towards the stage, his heart pounding in his ribcage. He can’t stop moving, his brain whirring through the song and dance steps, remembering his little parts in the song.

Jinki hyung tries to calm him down, but the big smile on his face is contrary to his words. Taemin’s ready, he can’t stop moving, and once he gets out there, he won’t stop moving. He’ll dance and let himself spread his wings because he can and won’t let anything hinder him to keep him from flying and dispersing his talent of popping and flexibility.