30 days of drabbles: day thirty - future (kyungsoo) (part two to day twenty-nine)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

“We’ve been engaged for about seven months, no?” You randomly inquire.

Kyungsoo thinks about it as he steps out of the bathroom with a towel hung low on his hips and another towel in his hands to dry his hair. You cease the swinging motion of your legs and hop off the bed to his figure, letting you take the towel from his hands and affectionately dry his hair. He smiles gratefully and you can see how hard it is for him to fully grin at you. Instead of at his sides uselessly, he wounds his arms around your waist and pulls you closer to him. You giggle and continue to dry his hair as his thumbs find the skin of your waist and mindlessly draw patterns.

“Yes, we have,” Kyungsoo confirms, at first too taken with the fact that you were standing right in front of him, that yes, he was engaged to the best friend and love of his life. ‘God, what did I do in my previous life to deserve her so close by my side?’ Kyungsoo wonders after he replies but his heart is bursting in strong pulses with happiness.

“Are you trying to seduce me like this?” You breathe into his right ear when you’re done and giggle more when his arms playfully tighten more. “Kidding, Soo. Come on, let’s get you to bed. You’re exhausted.”

He whines and burrows his head further into the crook of your neck and your hand instinctively travels to comb through his hair. “You big baby, come on,” you sigh and move the both of you to the bed successfully. However, his hold on your waist refuses to relinquish and soon the both of you are facing each other.

“How’s Baek holding up?” You worry. “You’re asking about another man right in front of me? Bold,” Kyungsoo growls lightly and you smack his arm. “I’m being serious, Soo.”

He sighs. “He’s doing fine. I think he’s mainly worried for Taeyeon-noona especially after she made that apology online. She probably saw all the pictures of smashed Oreos as well.”

“Immature,” you grumble. “I understand that the fans might feel mad because they either wanted a chance with Taeyeon or Baek, but both of them are as human as the fans are. Why should it feel so wrong to be with the one you like? One of the worst things to feel during a relationship is rejection and no support, especially after a public apology that she shouldn’t have made. She has nothing to be sorry for, absolutely nothing.”

“I agree, but what can we do?” Kyungsoo comforts and kisses your forehead. “Kris said to say hi to you, by the way.”

“Tell him to text me himself,” you spit out in mock anger. “It’s not like I don’t have a phone, sheesh.”

“He got a new phone and he doesn’t remember your number. Might as well just send it to him now,” Kyungsoo resolves and grabs the phone from his nightstand. After typing your number in, he opens the camera and keeps the phone above the two of you. You happily smile and watch as Kyungsoo sends the selca along with your number. Kris takes about thirty seconds to reply with an “Okay” and “get a room”, to which Kyungsoo replies with a snarky “we already got one idiot” and tosses the phone back onto the nightstand.

“He’s in some small town in China, no?”

“Yeah. It’s a wonder how no one has recognized him yet. Ever since he filed the lawsuit, there hasn’t been a single picture of his whereabouts. At least, any that I’m aware of. Do you miss him?” Kyungsoo asks worriedly.

“Of course I miss my big, bumbling, Canadian idiot. What’s going to happen?”

“I really doubt he and SM are going to come to a compromise.”

“Is it true they already found a member to replace him?”

“Quite possibly. I’d rather not think about SM right now,” he concludes and finds your left hand with his own left hand, linking them together with the rings showing.

“Imagine it this way,” he starts when he sees frown on your face. “One day, we’re going to be married. EXO may or may not be disbanded, but we’re all still friends. Baekhyun and Taeyeon will make it through because we both know Baekhyun would refuse to let her go and is simultaneously too hard to resist. Kris might be doing his own thing in China, and we can all go visit him during breaks. We’ll still be connected together even though we might not live in the same dorm anymore. The other members might have been mad at first, but I think they’ve forgiven him. Kris has—“

“—a bit of a short fuse, but mainly very level-headed so he had his reasons for filing the lawsuit, right?”

“Precisely,” Kyungsoo confirms. “We’re going to be great and all together ten years later. So don’t worry. I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

He then proceeds to bring you right up to him, one hand pressing your face closer to his chest and the other completely wound around your waist. Your legs tangle with his and you let out a breath that you didn’t know you had been holding. What you have always wanted in a guy was to feel the inexplicable sense of security and safety and despite Kyungsoo’s petite physique, he does just that. Everything feels so right and resolved the second he holds you in his arms.

You smile at the fact that you could feel this way every day for the rest of your life and honestly, you wouldn’t have it any other way.