Suspicion

What a mess

 


My eyes darted open and I glanced around my dark room. I had woken up immediately after I felt it. My stomach churned painfully, and it only went from bad to worse, then unbearable. The urge to throw up grew stronger and stronger every minute, and I knew that situation wasn't that far away.

Before anything bad could happen, I dashed towards my bathroom and, surprise surprise, threw up.

I desperately tried to hold my messy bed hair up with one hand, while the other was clutching on the side of the toilet seat. My throat burned like it was on fire after I had emptied everything I had inside of my stomach. Sigh.. There went the last bit of Jackson's mom's cookies, I thought as I finally stood up.

It was surprising that I felt a lot better after that, like I had never thrown up in the first place. Surely the taste in my mouth kept my memory fresh, but that was it. Strange, strange indeed. But like the dense teenage girl I usually was, I just shrugged it off. I felt all better after all.

I sighed like I always did, and wiped my mouth that had some saliva and melted food on it. And then I just simply tried to continue my lovely dream about Mark. There we were dating, holding hands, hugging, kissing... Aigoo! I blushed even for imagining that in real life.

And then Jia's face popped in my head, dropping my heartbeat to almost zero as I thought what she would do to me if she ever had a clue about my dreams. Knowing her, even dreaming about her boyfriend would make her explode out of jealousy.

Not that I was afraid, quite the opposite.

I was afraid for her. I could be quite a wild cat if I wanted to act like one. Rawr! Just kidding. But it was true that I wasn't completely helpless. Wrestling matches with Jackson had trained me well, making me an hard opponent.

My thoughts of pulling Jia's hair was interrupted by my annoyed stomach. This time it was about hunger, and I bet the loud growl could be heard outside my room as well. I was seriously craving for some pancakes with honey syrup, melted chocolate and fresh blueberries. And hot cocoa. Definitely hot cocoa.

Without wasting time, I descended downstairs. But I wasn't expecting an surprise attack by two lurking persons. I was just about to walk towards the kitchen, when suddenly one of them wrapped arms around me, holding me still, while the other one put something in my mouth and felt my cheeks with warm hands.

Please don't misunderstand, this wasn't about kidnapping. It was my parents... being themselves. My dad was keeping me still and my mom had put a thermometer on my mouth, obviously worried that I was sick.

"Does she feel warm?" My dad asked and my mom shook her head.

"No... But I bet she's sick. I mean, she threw up!" My mom assured, her eyes so determined that I almost believed to be sick as well.

"Irene... I don't think she's sick." My dad suddenly said and I nodded in agreement. I felt fine, perfectly fine.

"You never know." My mom said and looked like she was dead serious about this. If I did have a fever, I doubt it would be that serious. I was rarely sick anyway.

"Yeah, but honey, she isn't even hot." My dad replied, trying to calm her.

"Shh! The thermometer is not done yet!" She hushed madly and glared at him dangerously like a wild beast.

Beep, beep, beep.

"It's done" She shrieked and took it off my mouth.

"So..?" I questioned, now curious about the result. Could it be that she was right with some kind of mom's super instinct, or was this all just a weird chapter in my book called life? Knowing my parents, this was one of those unnecessary scenes.

"Oh, you're not sick." She stated.

"See?" My dad said and I sighed. This was going to be one heck of a long morning.

"But what do you mean our daughter isn't hot? You don't think she's pretty?" My mom asked out of nowhere, blaming my dad about not thinking me as a hot chick. I felt my dad stiffen a little behind me, and I could easily understand him. My mom could be a bit hard sometimes. And only she could translate his sentence to be something so different.

"No, honey." My dad started with closed eyes, rubbing his temples to come up with a good response. "I meant that she didn't have a fever. And dear lord, she's smoking hot!" My dad yelled and bended backwards to present me like I was a brand new trend cloth. I tried to help him by making a v-line with my hands and posing like a model with overwhelming confidence.

My mom just stared at us for awhile before humming proudly; "I know, I made her."

"Well.. it wasn't only you.." My dad hinted and winked his eyes.

"Ew!" I wailed loudly and covered my ears. Parents talking about - yuck. Especially the images coming in your mind... I got cold shivers and I wanted to leave to school already.

"Okay, let's stop now before Jieun loses her mind." My mom hollered. Fortunately. I was about to lose my mind.

And then she moved to kiss me like every morning. "Good morning, dear!" She said and stormed off to the kitchen.

"Good morning!" My dad said like her, and copied the kiss thing.

"Morning." I replied. Dad and I had a small chat there, but the shout from the kitchen stopped us.

"Hey! What takes you two so long? Breakfast people!" My mom shouted to us.

Me and dad looked at each other and laughed at her. She was just like she had always been. "Coming!" We shouted and went to sit down while she was busy frying some eggs and bacon, which I couldn't stand even for a bit.

"Jieun, you want your Cocoa Puffs?" She asked me and I nodded. Now you will blame me for making my mother to serve me. But believe me, she loves serving us our breakfast.

"Here honey." She said and gave me a full plate of chocolate cereal and milk. "Thanks." I said in glee and dug in. Only to stop after one spoonful. Mom gave dad a plate full of bacon and crambled eggs, and I have never wanted those more in my life. And broccolis. A big pile of broccolis and bacon. Oh my god, what was wrong with me? Was the world about to end?

"So, Jieun. How are you feeling?" My mom asked me as she noticed I had stopped eating.

"Uhm... I feel fine, thank you." I said and kept staring at dad's plate, almost dripping my saliva like a dog. I could even give a paw if he'd ask, only to get some.

"Dad...?" I asked carefully.

"What, sweety?" He asked with a smile, munching those treaty pieces of meat like they were the most delicious things in the world. I gulped loudly and decided I must ask for it, otherwise I could not survive.

"Can you give me some bacon?" And he almost choked in his food.

"W-what?" "Bacon?!" Both of my parents yelled in surprise.

"Y-yeah.. It looks so good.." I admitted. My mom just stared at me weirdly.

"Is there anything more you would like to have? Something you used to hate? Like.. Cauliflower?" She asked and I wrinkled my nose.

"Cauliflower? Yuck, no!" I said in disgust. "But I'd like some broccoli.." I admitted shyly after awhile of silence.

"Hahaha, our child is finally learning how to eat!" My father exclaimed happily. "Here, take these all." He said and gave me his plate.

"What will you eat then?" I asked, completely bewildered. So much goodness for me.. I love you dad.

"I'll just make a sandwich." He said and ruffled my hair.

"Thank you!" I sang happily and started eating without hesitation.

I couldn't shake of the feeling of pressure under my mom's unshakable stare that observed my every move.

"Mom?" I asked, but she just kept staring at me with narrowed eyes.

"Morning sickness, weird desires, grown s..." She listed all of my symptoms. I was surprised to hear them all added together, and the list reminded me of something very familiar...

I was immersed in my thoughts as I sipped from my freshly made orange juice. "You're acting like me, when I was pregnant." I choked on my drink, coughing non-stop from her sudden words.

"Oh my, Jieun!" She exclaimed and rushed to hit my back, hard I might add. I spit out the rest of the juice inside of my mouth, directly to my yummy breakfast.

"You stupid girl, don't drink that much at the same time!" My mom scolded, completely unaware that she was the one causing this.

"P-pregnant?" I asked after I was able to breathe again. That couldn't be possible, right? I mean surely I woke up with Mark, without clothes, without memory, I was acting all strangely with these new desires nowadays... Perhaps... We really slept together? No! I can not believe it! But.. Maybe..?

"Irene! Why are you doing this to her this morning?" My dad asked, getting a bit mad for her. "You can't be that thoughtless!" I sent thousand thankful thoughts telepathically to him, glad that he tried to defend me. "Who would she have slept with anyway? Jackson? Pwahahaha!" .... Never mind, I hate you dad.

"True, how silly I was!" My mom joined his laughter and I felt like I was being mocked at. By my own parents. I stared at them in disappointment, thinking what went wrong. So neither of them believed that I could be in a relationship like a normal 17-year-old girl, and have protected like the good girl I was? Well, about that protection thing...

"I'm here!" Jackson shouted and came through the door. Yes, by himself and with a spare key. And of course he owned one, why not? He came by almost every morning and walked with me to school, unless I got a ride from my dad that was.

"Hey Jackson!" My mom shouted and cast me an amused look. Oh no, no, no, no! Don't do it! I thought and I ran towards her as fast as I could, in attempt to shut .

But I was a second too late. "Have you slept with Jieun?" She managed to ask and I collapsed against her, unable to look at Jackson. I was too afraid of his reaction.

"W-what?" He asked in shock and I felt his eyes go back and forth from my parents to me and the other way around.

"N-no!" He stuttered, obviously flustered by the situation, "we have never, you know, been like that." He said. I just knew that he dug a grave for himself, and I was right.

"Who said anything about ?" My dad asked, feigning innocence.

"Yeah. We asked have you slept slept with Jieun, nothing dirty. Jeez, kids and their dirty minds..." My mom said and I stepped back.

"Yeah, and you were the one suspecting I was pregnant." I retorded with a sarcastic smile that was my specialty.

"Wait, what? Pregnant? Are you pregnant Jieun?" Jackson asked me wide-eyed and I turned to face him. What could I say? Even I didn't know.

"No..." Right?

 

A/N: Tehehee I updated! First time using my computer and it is hard to get used to this. I have no thoughts of this chapter.. Is it good? Is it boring? I have no idea, my brains are numbed and it is still hard to believe my vacation started. My brains kept telling me I should study soon, the weekend is over soon... But it isn't like that. Anyway, I'm sorry to keep you waiting, regarding this and my other stories. truth to be told, I was supposed to update them all earlier, but weird things kept happening from chemical leaks nearby to powerouts. And I was stressed. But I have still thought of you all and I have felt guilty for not updating earlier. But anyway, Merry Christmas! Please do comment and subscribe! ^^