Mark Tuan

What a mess

 

Who exactly was that Mark Tuan, you ask? Well, let me enlighten you. Mark Tuan was THE boy that didn't have any flaws. First of all, he was rich. Everyone around here knew who his parents were. Seriously, even the most isolated guy in this town knew the Tuan family.

Marks father was some kind of a minister I think around here, at least he really loved to in other peoples business. His mom on the other hand, was the known charity goddess everyone around here loved.

Even I liked her extremely friendly smiles and encouraging words that always enlighted the once gloomy day. Mark was their only child, so he was already showered with love at home, yet he received a lot more in the school.

He was THE most popular boy in the whole school building. He surely got more than enough attention, even mine not so important share. Yes, he was the one I was attracted to among all the other brainless jerks. Let's not get stuck with that matter of fact, okay?

Anyway... He was hot. Surely everyone already knew that, rich and handsome usually equals the hotness as well. And I wasn't the only one that noticed it. He had many fan clubs made by the girls of our school. Seriously now, fan clubs. That should prove my point very well.

Oh, and cheerleader squads absolutely loved him, or should I say loved them, all the popular enough boys included. Even the school's nerds secretly fantasized about him, and yes, I was counted in that category.

I didn't only like him because he was hot, that would be so unreasonable. There were other things about him I adored as well, like him being wise. I wasn't kidding there, he scored higher than me sometimes. He wasn't a handsome looking blockhead like most of the stuck up boys that failed their tests.

I liked the fact he was academically good, making him special among others. Jackson was still number one in the class, of course. I mean, he was the nerd friend of mine, so it was totally predictable.

I didn't know if it was his parents that ordered him to be perfect, but hey, I didn't complain. Because damn, he was sporty as well. He was good in basketball, football, floorball, baseball... In everything to sum it up easier. He also joined the school's track team last year.

I could've done that too, just to get close to him, but.. Running wasn't my thing. Not at all.

Did I already mention everything I loved about him? His brown hair that looked a bit reddish sometimes? His dark, alluring eyes that made me faint? His lovely smile that seemed to call my heart every time he did that? His good grades that always got me delighted and reminded me about his remarkable intelligence? His ability in sports? Oh! I didn't mention his personality.

Now that was something I liked the most of him. He clearly took after his mom. He was extremely kind and friendly like her, he even talked back to everyone that wanted to talk to him.

Being part of the losers, a.k.a me and the rest of the unpopular kids, socializing with he popular ones was a hard. There was a big concrete wall between. But he.. he'd smile straight at you despite your outlooks and answer your questions no matter how stupid they may have sounded.

Why hadn't I talked to him? I did, almost sounding like a real person with a talking ability. In short, I sounded retarded. I managed to somehow say 'hi', but before he could answer, I ran away. Okay, I walked fast. I seriously avoided running at all costs.

That was the greatest advance in getting closer to him I had in my record. After that, I just sneakily stole glances of him since that was pretty much the only way he wouldn't notice me. I didn't want to embarrass him after all.

And that ladies and gentlemen, was Mark Tuan. Now you can understand why I was so freaked out, when I found out who he was. I was glad it turned out to be him instead of some other random guy, and I also loved the fact that he even knew my name! My name! Can you believe it?!

But... As every rose has it's thorns, even this one had some. I had no idea what happened yesterday, or why was I with Mark Tuan in his room. If we really did 'it', it would be nice to even remember some parts of it.

The only thing I recalled from yesterday, was arriving at the venue where the Last Day of Summer party was held. I remembered the loud music banging from the big stereos and also the drinks mixed up with alcohol. Well, that explained everything I needed to know...

"What are you doing here?" Mark asked me. How should I break these news to him? He should be smart enough to figure out what happened himself after all. I saw suspicion growing in his eyes and then he carefully looked under his blanket with wide eyes.

"I think we slept together." We both stated simultaneously. We stared each other in disbelief and tried to clear our thoughts. Now that I had said it out loud, it seemed... less greater than how it sounded inside of my head.

We both went to a party full of high students that were making fun of the adults keeping an watchful eye so that nothing bad would happen, when in fact, a lot of stuff happened right under their noses.

And like anyone could guess, we both drank alcohol, not that I recalled doing that though, and for some odd reason, we slept together as well. Might have slept, that was.

"Mark! Time to wake up! Jia is coming up!" Mark's mom shouted. Oh, one more thing this boy wasn't missing, was a girlfriend.

"Oh !" Mark muttered and we both started to panic. He handed me the rest of my stuff he found from the floor and looked around in confusion.

"Go under the bed!" He commanded. I started to crawl under his bed in a hurry, when he suddenly stopped me. "No! Go to the closet!" He told me. Once again, I did as he said. I ran in the closet near his bed, and I was just about to close the door, when he dragged me out of there.

"Jump from the window!" He said and opened his window.

"What?" I said as an protest. Hey, I did want to obey him, but seriously? It was the second floor! And he asked me to jump down?

"Don't worry, it's easy to slide down the roof unnoticed, I've done it often." He assured me. I nodded lightly, still afraid of the outcome.

I sat down the window frame and Mark stopped me by grabbing my wrist. "And Jieun..." My heart started fluttering in excitement as I waited for him to continue his sentence. I was clearly expecting some cliché, romantic pun there. "Don't tell anyone about this." He commanded and let me go.

I nodded and halfheartedly slid down the roof. I did land safely on the ground, but that still didn't make the feeling of disappointment he gave me to fade away.

Surely I wouldn't tell about this to anyone, I didn't want his girlfriend to grill me in public after all.

 

 

There was Mark Tuan everyone! No wonder she was shocked, right? How did you like her description about him? XD Well, the problems start now! I hope you liked the first chapter and continue supporting me through the story! Please subscribe and comment below! I'd really like to know your opinions on this story ^^