Math = Trouble

What a mess

 

".... Park Chanyeol, excercise 26. And then for the last... Lee Jieun, excercise 27." Mr. Choi, our math teacher ordered. Everyone mentioned started to slowly drag them selves towards the board. If your name was called, you couldn't just deny the teacher's order to not to copy your homework on the board in front of everyone. See, that was the way he checked if they were correct or not, so all the students could get the right answers.

I sighed as I heard my name being called. I didn't like going to the board, because then everyone could see my faults. I didn't know why though, maybe because people actually thought I was the brightes nerd or something. I was about to reluctantly get up, when I felt Jackson fingers poking my sides.

I wasn't sure if he just tried to annoy me, or was it because he had knowingly given me the wrong answers to that one specific excercise (he had done it once before). But I had no time to stand there and wonder, since some of the other students had already finished doing their short parts.

"Jackson, stop!" I whispered to him quickly and stood up.

I had already taken couple steps, when Jackson tried to stop me by grabbing my hand. I just yanked my hand off his and continued moving, only slightly annoyed by his weird behaviour. Wait... Excercise 27? I wondered and started to search for it through my notebook.

I couldn't recall what kind of equation would it be, which was weird since I remembered every other homework we got (and what Jackson taught me.) I started to panic, when I couldn't find it anywhere. I didn't have it? Hadn't I done it at all? What was I supposed to do then?

Before I managed to completely fall in depression, I felt someone placing a paper to my clenched hand. I jumped slightly from the shock and turned around warily, only to see Mark smiling one of his heavenly smiles. I quickly checked the note he gave me and relief washed over me.

I could clearly see the number 27 written on the corner of it. I lifted my gaze from the paper and flashed an grateful smile to him. He seemed to be surprised by something, because he blinked couple of times and stared at me blankly, until he turned his head away.

Oh well, I have the excercise now and I'm off the list of bad students. Our teacher Choi Siwon was kind of a picky person that had his favourites. If there was a time you didn't do your homework, he would set his hawk eyes to you, and you only. Unless there were more of those forgetful students, then them too. And besides, Mark Tuan, THE Mark Tuan helped me out! It was unbeliveable enough that I hadn't done all of my homework, but add that as well!

I hold in a small giggle and walked towards the board with a lot lighter mind. I was about to start writing, but in the end, I couldn't. I furrowed my brow and tried to figure out WHAT THE HELL WAS WRITTEN on that messy piece of paper. Sure, it was THE Mark's paper that he personally handed me.

His handwriting on the other hand... It was like some 5-year olds drawing of a human. I should know, I was five once. I didn't know what was going on, usually when he had to to do this, his handwriting was so elegant and nice. Well, I guess nobody's perfect, right?

"Lee Jieun, do have a problem?" Mr. Choi suddenly asked and I tensed up by his icy tone. What should I do? I couldn't just blurt out I hadn't done it. I sighed and tried to analyze the art in my hands again. Hmm... That could be an x, or then an y. Wait, is this derivating? If so, I could just put some random numbers and derivate it. Or not... Argh! What did Jackson teach me again? 

I sighed and was about to give up, when the tall kid in our class, Park Chanyeol, gave me his notebook after he had finished his part. I could imagine the heavenly light shining behind him, the halo above his head and the choir of angels singing high notes in the background.

"Thank you!" I mouthed to him before he turned around to return to his seat.

"No problem." He mouthed back, flashing a kind smile.

I looked at the stylish book with doodles on the side. Woah, not only his handwriting was great, he was a great drawer as well. I started happily humming a small song that kept playing inside of my head, and easily copied the excercise to the board. I was the last one, so Mr. Choi immediately hurried to check them up after I had finished.

I walked past Mark that that had tried to help me, the one that obviously waited for the honor of my success. I only rolled eyes and shook my head from the trouble he almost got me into. Speaking of trouble.. I angrily marched towards my 'helper' Jackson.

"You. Are. In. Deep. Trouble." I said to him slowly, narrowing my eyes. He looked at me apologetically, but I just ignored him for the rest of the math class. He did try to gain my attention by fooling around and poking my cheeks, but I wasn't an easy girl, I had never been one. That was why he propably liked to hang out with me.

Even though I was a bit confused of how to solve those equations, I did not ask for his help. I did waste my precious homework time, but I wanted to fight against his power for me in math. By gritting my teeth, utterly concentrating and completely shutting the whole world around me, I finally managed to do solve few excecises.

When the bell rang, I ran towards the real angel that really saved my life. Well, school kind of was my life. "Chanyeol! Wait up!" I yelled as I tried to catch up with him. He turned around to face me with that kind smile plasted on his face.

"Oh, Jieun!" He stated and waited for me to continue. 

"Here. Your notebook, take it." I said as I handed it back. He seemed to be a bit startled by my sudden act, but quicly recovered from the confusion.

"Right. I completely forgot!" He exclaimed happily. Who could resist smiling at his forgetfulness? If not that, then that silly smile that fit on his face perfectly? "Thanks! But I got to go now, my hyungs are waiting for me." He stated and then just left even before I was able to bid goodbye.

Jeez, his hyungs must be strict ones. Running away like that just for them... I'm kind of jealous. I slowly shook my head and turned around to see two people glaring at Chanyeol's furthering back. Sure, it would have been normal with only Jackson, but when that other guy was there too.. Yeah, that was totally out of the picture. "

Mark, do you have something to say?" I asked him expectantly and he looked at me, surprised by my question.

"Well, I... I... Just wanted to hear you thanking me." He stuttered.

"Alright, thank you for your unusable writings that almost got me in trouble." I said with a slight bow. Jackson snickered next to him, not even trying to hide the satisfaction in his mocking look. "And you mister, are in deep trouble." I said and poked Jackson's chest hard. I tried to hide the pain I got from that, a mere finger against his healthy body. When did he have time to build himself to be a mountain? His chest was like super hard!

Now it was Mark's turn to laugh, but he stopped after I gave him a glare. "Why the heck would you let me go there? Why didn't you tell me I didn't have it? No, why didn't you help me do it?" I wailed, blaming Jackson of everything that happened.

"But.. I tried! Besides, it would be too weird if you'd have everything done. It's not like your that smart Jieun." He said matter of factly, bragging with his smart mathematic head.

I scoffed loudly in front of the boys and tried to find some words to say. I had to agree that there was a seed of truth in his statement. I wasn't that great in math, but hey, I was still smart in other subjects! It wasn't fair that he made me feel so awfully unintelligent.

"I'm not stupid! There could be a time I'll be able to finish all of my homework without your help! Let's see who laughs then!" I stated.

"Yeah, right! That'll never happen!" Jackson argued back and stuck out his tongue.

"Yah!" I screamed and grabbed his ears.

"I'll tell my mom!" He threatened and whined in pain, but he knew already that his mother wouldn't be mad. I had known Jackson ever since I was a child, I knew their parents very well and he knew mine.

Suddenly I remembered Mark's presence, but when I turned around, he was nowhere to be seen anymore. "Strange.. He was just there a minute ago." I muttered, but Jackson could hear it since his head was close to mine.

"Who? Oh, that Mark?" He asked and I nodded. "Who cares? Let's go home now. Hey, if you come to my place, my mom can bake some cookies for us." He said and winked. Aww... Cookies.. Jackson surely knew what strings to pull to get me.

 

 

A/N: Hahaha, you know what is funny? I SHOULD BE STUDYING! But here I am, updating without any worries. I'm in the middle of my exam week, yet my stories gain my attention once again... I'm hopeless T.T Oh, and thanks to vindyyo for the poster I didn't even ask! It was a great surprise that made my day happier~ ^^ Maybe I should study now? I don't know if I'm able to do that though, but I shall try.

But, to the story! It was kinda like a filler chapter, so nothing really happened. You were able to see how close Jieun was with Jackson though~ Please do comment your opinions, and subscribe if you haven't done it yet! ^^ And also, YAY! Chanyeol made an cameo. Maybe I should add him more at some point? You know, as a male friend or something...? Tell me if you'd like it~ Bye! ^^