Back in My High School Days

How I Met Your Father
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Wait!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

Oh no, I'm late again. I stayed late again last night because I watched my favorite drama again. Now, my heart and mind is full of regrets. My eyes felt like they are falling on the ground. I couldn't feel the energy on my knees too. No matter how fast I run, I couldn't make it. The school bell is ringing, yet I'm still struggling to make it on the gate. I don't want to see myself running around the fields again. I'm already so embarrassed, hearing my classmates sarcastic cheers and laughter, damn I wanted to hide myself on my table. 

What should I do? I'm already running so fast but why does the gate seems so far away? I don't want my parents to scold me. I don't want to receive suspension for being constantly late. Oh, I haven't brush my hair. 

"Krrriiiiiiiiinggggggggggggg!" my ears are hurting. 

Few steps, few steps away I'll make it! I can feel the metal bars and hear the creaking of it. As I sprinted to make it, someone touched my back and pushed me in. In an instance, I lost my balance and fell. My face first hit the cemented ground. All of my random and crazy thought got shoved away in my mind. What did I said again? Did I made a promise to myself again? Suddenly, I couldn't remember it until a teacher walked infront of us and paused. He was carrying a textbook and tapping it on his left shoulder. I just stared at him, it's not that I was clueless. This is the worst part of my school days. 

"Ow, it's hurts." I bellowed after he hit my head with that book. I even covered it with my hands for no reason. I couldn't hide the expression of disappointed on my face. What a bad routine to start a day. I don't want to smell like a beggar again after running five turns. I'm so ashamed of myself. 

 

"What are you planning to do in you life? Huh school punks?" Mr. Jang began his morning speech. I don't want to listen but I have no other choice. At the very least, I have to pay some attention. 

"Teacher, I had to change my baby sister's diaper but my mother told me to watch her for awhile." a fellow guy student explained.

"Me too teacher! I have to clean up our ddeokbokki stand so that's why I became late." 

"I was send for an errand teacher!" 

"Me too!"

"Teacher my reason for being late is reasonable!"

"Yah! You don't know how it's hard to be a working student."

"Teacher we also had business and I have to lend a hand."

I just looked at him face. Omona, we're doomed again. 

"Okay, okay! School punks that's enough!" he snapped. I just looked at him and freeze.

"Quit complaining and reasoning! Now began running five lapse around the school grounds! Don't stop until you didn't completed it!" he shouted and looked at me those scary eyes. My soul felt piercing for a moment and I became stiff. 

Fellow students around me became quiet and stopped making their excuses. I wandered my eyes around, such an awkward situation. 

"Fall in line! Horizontal!" he commanded and all of us immediately followed him.

As soon as possible I avoided Mr. Jang's eyes, praying that I wouldn't get called. My hands are starting to shake. My heart is pounding.

"Begin running seven lapse!" he yelled at us.

My eyes grew wide and felt like it's the end of my world. The sun is shining strongly and brightly up in the sky. It hurts my skin and my hair is becoming dry and frizzy. Okay, I really should have realized that this is a bad day. 

All of us put down out bags and began stretching before we run and bring an embarrassing happiness to all. For them, students like us are morning clowns who are always completing their day. If we aren't late, classes will quickly start and everyone will be focused on those boring lessons. They wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter