How I Met Him

How I Met Your Father
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My life is just simple. I'm only a commoner who was born in a commoner family here in South Korea. I have two other siblings and a mother and a father. My sister got married at the age of twenty. Way too early for her. Whoa, I could still remember how mad father was. She's really stubborn. 

I graduated from a public high school. I wasn't able to get into college because of our financial problem. So at the age of eighteen, I started working as an assistant to an internet cafe. I've been there for two years. My boss wished me to stay, but I couldn't stand the customer's extreme noise. Can they play just quietly? Does playing online game required tons of trash talking? I don't understand them.

After quitting my job, I applied as a staff into a photography studio, but I didn't got accepted. I became unemployed for six months. It's tough. We needed to pay such bills and my younger brother's tuition fee. I kept searching and roaming at the streets of the city just to find something to work to. But I keep failing. 

Finally I found a decent work for me. A very quiet and right job for me. I got hired into a flower shop. Well it's not really a huge and a commercial one. But the owner's offering a decent salary that's good enough to help my parents. So I lasted there until I reached twenty-eight of my age. 

 

I never said that I was innocent, my best friend Byun Baekhyuna introduced p**n to me when we were in first year senior high. I was really shocked. But at the same time, I realized this is how my parents made me. Yeah, absurd. 

I never grew my hair long. I'm always keeping it above my shoulders. My former classmates kept telling me that I'll look great with a longer one. But when I tried it, I look like a Jumanji came from Sadako. Horrible. I look older than my age. 

 

Hmm, too much introduction. My name is Kim Myeona and I'm going to tell you a short story about on how I met your father. 

It was on a winter season. Where people wear thick clothes, padded jackets, boots. Hot packs and coffees are in demand. 

It's quite hard to take care of plants during winter. They could die with just a little mistake in the heater's temperature. I never liked it. Customers' favorite are roses, baby's breath and tulips. 

Tons of bouquet has been ordered to us when it's February, March, November, December and January. I used to hate winter, but it suddenly changed with a sudden moment. 

It was five o'clock when I went out from work. I walked a short distance to get into the bus station. The snow's falling heavily that time. The wind's also icy cold. Such a struggle for me to wear only a thin jacket without a scarf. 

While waiting, I seated on the bench under a shed with a cup of coffee in my hands. My mind was blank by that time. It's been already twenty minutes and I think I'm going to have frostbites, but the bus still not arriving. I kept yawning because I was really very tired and sleepy. I really wanted to go home badly. 

A huge and tall silhouette passes by. I thought he was almost seven feet. He looks like a giant or a titan. I didn't noticed, my feet's been blocking the way. Unintentionally, I made him trip. His face hit the ground first. 

"Oh my god, I'm sorry." I quickly apologized. 

"It's okay." I helped him to get up. But my foot accidentally slipped into a snow. I fell.

He got up from his place. Extending his hands to me, I got astonished. He was just handsome and masculine. His hands were so soft and cold. He reminds me of my high school crush. But he looks charming than him. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. His voice is so deep. 

I nodded and smiled. I don't know if I'm blushing, I felt to embarrassed. I stared at him for awhile. He was shaking in cold. "Oh no." I told myself. 

In an impulse, I took off my jacket and gave it to him. He just glanced and gave me an expression of curiosity.

"Mister, you should always bring a jacket or coat with you. You might catch a cold." I said. 

"Ah. Thank you." he just nodded. 

I smiled again, sheepishly. He was about to say something but the bus arrived and I quickly jumped inside. 

"Hey." he called, but I didn't turned my head. I thought it's just my imagination. 

Three months later. 

Summer's about to come. Orders are about in twenty. I was so busy to make them. I kept, walking back and forth to the nursery and to the shop. Picking up scissors, cutting off stems, removing leaves and so on and so forth. My boss is so busy too. She took over on the difficult ones. 

It was already pass one but none of us have already taken lunch. We are both cramming at the same time. As I walked into the counter to get some ribbons and wrappers, the bell placed behind the door rang. It must be our twenty-first order. 

 

"Myeona-sshi." my boss called. 

"Oh, coming!" I responded as I ran through the entrance to check who is it. 

My eyes grew wide and heart pounded through me chest. I'm really surprised. It was him. The man I met in the waiting shed months ago. I almost dropped the flowers that I'm holding.

"It's you." he greeted with a smile.

"Uhh, how can I help you?" I asked.

"Can you make me a bouquet made of roses and dandelions?"

"What time are you going to pick it up?" 

"Anytime. It's okay, anytime. I'll wait 'til it's done."

"Oh, I'm going to make it now."

I accompanied him inside. He's wearing a black su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter