Doctor's Appointment

Hyung, Marry Me!

“ Honey “ Chanyeol calls, while he kisses the male on the bed who is still lying down comfortably, clinging on to the comforter.

“ Mmhmm… “ Baekhyun hums, as he shifts a bit in bed, but still not opening his eyes

“ Get up lazy bum. We have an appointment today “ Chanyeol tries again, as he gets himself on the bed, sitting next to his husband, who looked really adorable, so childlike when he sleeps.

“ 5 minutes. Just five more… “ Baekhyun whispers while pulling his husband nearer to him, burying his face in his chest, now clinging on his husband as if he was a bolster.

“ Alright. Just five more… “

While Baekhyun was in the shower, getting ready for the doctor’s appointment, Chanyeol was getting Baekhyun’s attire ready, and the documents to be presented to the doctor, and even packing Baekhyun’s meal because apparently Baekhyun’s 5 minutes lasted for another 45minutes. Chanyeol obviously didn’t have the heart to pull the elder off the bed, seeing how he was so deep in his sleep while clinging on to his body.

While getting the documents, Chanyeol opened the drawer on the dressing table. He found a blue book in it, and saw a little pacifier on it. He opened the book and flipped a few pages, only finding Baekhyun’s writing all over. He stopped at one of the pages when he saw that he was mentioned.

Dear little Muffin,

It’s your second month today! Mummy’s feeling not too well today. I would blame the food. I will never blame you for any of my morning sickness. It has to be your dad’s cooking. It was pretty bad. But it was really sweet for him to cook for mummy. He even baked me my favourite cheesecake. But guess what? I found out it was store bought. Shh. Don’t tell daddy I found out about it okay? Your dad is a big dork. How could I not know? It tasted too good to be his cooking.

Oh, I feel a little movement again from you! Baby you never fail to bring a smile to my face. Every kick, and every turn you make, I feel it all the time. Its amazing how I can love something so much, when ive not even seen you yet muffin. I cant wait to see you. You’re going to be the cutest baby ever, just like how mummy was too, when I was little! Muffin, I always wonder if I will be a good parent… And then I worry if I will be able to take care of you. But im really thankful I have Chanyeol here with me. Im very sure he will be a great father, just like how he is a great husband!

I have to go. Im really not feeling well today. Daddy will scold mummy if he finds out im not resting! Please grow up healthily baby. I love you.

From your mummy dearest.

Chanyeol slowly closed the book, tears welled up in his eyes, as he hears Baekhyun softly singing in the shower with his sweet melodious voice. What has he ever done to deserve Baekhyun?

-

Chanyeol drives to the clinic, with his husband sitting in the passenger seat, complaining about how he had gained weight, and how he looked like a whale. Chanyeol just remained quiet, and listened to his husband’s rant. When Baekhyun was finally done, and pouted when he realized his husband was not giving him any response.

“ I love the way you are, Baek. You should know that. “ he said, as he made eye contact with his husband. “ From the cute baby bulge you have, and how your cheeks have gotten even chubbier- I just want to pinch them whenever I see them, not to forget how you have put more weight on, even adding more to that y of yours. I love everything. “ Chanyeol continued, as he reached for his husband’s hand.

Baekhyun sighed , with a smile appearing. Chanyeol always has a way to calm him down whenever he feels insecure. He kissed his husband’s hand, while whispering a ‘thanks Yeol’

-

The couple arrives at the clinic and the nurse guides them to the doctor’s room. They did a few tests, the doctor took a sample of Baekhyun’s blood to check for his and the baby’s health. Chanyeol’s hand was entwined with the smaller’s, knowing for a fact that his husband was still in fact, a princess who is very afraid of needles. The smaller’s grip tightens when the needles was poked in his skin. Chanyeol kept whispering sweet nothings into his ear, and the doctor smiled at the cute couple.

“ You and your baby is very lucky to have Mr Park “ she said, as she smiled and headed to the test labs.

While they waited for the results, they did an ultrasound to monitor the baby. The graphics were quite clear at seven months, and Baekhyun squealed when he could clearly see their baby, while he tugged his husband’s hand to grab his attention but the taller was already watching intently at the screen while he asks for a picture of the ultrasound.

A few minutes later the doctor returned with the test results. She was flipping a few pages quite furiously, her eyebrows creasing.

“ Is there any wrong? “ Baekhyun asked, as he studies the doctor’s expression

“ Im afraid so.. “ she replies, as she stops at one of the pages, and looks up to the couple. Baekhyun turns to his husband, worry written all over his face, the smile from before disappearing in an instant.

“ Im sorry to tell you this but your baby was screen positive in the NT scan. “ the doctor said, while pausing. Damn it, couldn’t she just continue her words

“ What does that even mean “ Chanyeol asks

“ Your baby is in the high risk category for down syndrome. “ the doctor said, and Baekhyun swore he lost his hearing for a while. It was as if he couldn’t hear anything else except for the word down syndrome. His eyes were twice the size, as his mouth hangs open.

-

Through the rest of the journey home, the elder had not said a single word, except for the part he thanked the doctor and said the goodbyes. He hadn’t even talked to Chanyeol. Chanyeol kept taking side glances at his husband, almost anticipating his breakdown. However, nothing happened.

When they got home, the elder quickly went to their room, telling Chanyeol he wanted to rest. He slipped into their bedroom and covered his whole body with the comforter. It only took awhile before he heard silent sniffles. It felt like a stab at his heart to watch Baekhyun cry. Hurting so much.

He quickly went over the other side of the bed, removed the comforters from Baekhyun, and pulled the elder into his arms. He saw that Baekhyun’s pillow was already stained with tears, and his cheeks were all wet. “ Baek.. “ he called, and the elder quickly threw his arms around the taller’s waist, and cried even harder. “I feel so bad for him, Yeol… I couldn’t keep him healthy…. Its all my fault…. “ he said, in between broken sobs, while Chanyeol rubbed his back to comfort him.

“ Its not your fault Baek. “

“ It has to be me. I didn’t take good care of muffin. Its all my fault “

“ Shh. Don’t say that. It could be my fault too, just please, Baek, stop blaming yourself. It hurts to see you like this “ he said, as he pulled the smaller’s chin up to look him in the eye.

“ Besides it’s just a high chance. Maybe there was a mistake in the test, right? Or maybe we’re that lucky to belong in the small percentage. Don’t cry “ Chanyeol tried again.

The smaller remained quiet but there were still sobbing noises “ Baekkie, don’t you trust me? “

“ I do, Channie “ Baekhyun answered, as he rubbed his stomach while staring at it.

“ Good. I know you will be a great mom when muffin pops out. No matter what sickness he will have, I swear that I will give him all the love in this world. Just like how I love you “ Chanyeol said, while kissing his husband’s forehead, and bringing him to rest on his chest. The smaller nodded and pressed his face into Chanyeol’s chest, finding comfort in his warm embrace.

-

They were sitting at the couch, with Baekhyun lying down, head on his husband’s lap while watching a drama on the tv. Chanyeol was feeding him a few cherries. With Baekhyun occasionally purposely his husband’s finger when he ate from Chanyeol’s hand. The taller wouldn’t even mind, in fact he liked it. Who was he kidding? He likes every single thing Baekhyun does. Suddenly, Baekhyun sits up.

“ Honey, have you ever thought of muffin’s name? “

“ Well isn’t his name muffin already? “

“ Chanyeol! Don’t be silly we cant name our baby boy that! “

“ Why not? Its cute and I know how much you love to eat them “

“ He’s not a food! I swear, you think only about food all the time “

“ No, I think about your y all the time “

Baekhyun punches Chanyeol softly on his chest, to which the taller caught, and pressed a kiss on his fists. Baekhyun blushes, as he pulls away. It always surprises him how sometimes he could still be so shy in front of his husband. Chanyeol would fall in love even more whenever Baekhyun shows this side of him.

“ How about Jesper? “ Baekhyun asked

“ How about cupcake? You like to eat that too “

Baekhyun groans, returning to lie on his husband’s lap. Maybe they’ll choose their baby name some other time.

 

 

A/N : i hope you like it :) school's starting tmr. X.X 

Leave a comment my dearies