iv.

Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Did you get in, Daeun?" Eunjung stormed into my room without even knocking. "Tell me they've accepted you!"

I put the letter down and stood up, a million thoughts running through my mind.

"So?" Eunjung pressed on, waiting for me to answer. I sat down on my bed and gestured at the letter sitting uselessly on my table. Her eyes widened, and quietly picked it up. She scanned through the content, and a massive smile crept onto her face.

"Congrats!!" She squealed, attacking me with a hug. "I knew you could do it! I'm so proud of you!"

 

Tears began to roll down my cheeks, but I still couldn't say anything. Eunjung noticed, and her smile faded away.

"Oh." she realised. "It'll be okay Daeun, I'm sure. Don't you worry now."
"But I promised him, Eunjung. I promised him." I finally managed to choke out.
"Now now," she wrapped her arms around me. "This has been your dream since you were how little? It's your destiny to go to Australia, Lee Daeun. It's also your dream. I'm sure Sehun will understand."
"No, you're wrong." I argued, "My dream is to be here, right here in Seoul, with him."

Eunjung rubbed my back, but didn't answer.

 

"I can't do it, unnie." I whispered. "I can't leave him."

 

Naeun, Kai and Taemin stood in front of the Oh family driveway.

"Are you sure about this?" Taemin asked, giving Naeun's shoulder a squeeze. "Maybe we should give him a bit more time..."
"I

Please log in to read the full chapter