ii.

Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

His face shone with its own radiance, shining brighter than the moon that night. I slowly caressed his cheek.
"You're so beautiful." he whispered, his warm breath sending tingles from the tip of my nose. "Daeun, you're so beautiful, did you know that?" he placed his cold hands on both my cheeks and leant in. His soft lips pressed gently but firmly onto mine. He held it there for a long time before pulling back slightly, only allowing a paper-thin gap slip between us. He took my hand and placed it on his chest.
"Do you feel that, Daeun? That's my heart, and I'm giving it to you. You'll always be in here, you'll forever be in my heart."

 

 

My three best friends wrapped my mother in a warm group hug, and my brothers thanked some of those who bothered to come today. Their eyes flickered back and forth throughout the departing guests,  looking for someone.

"Sehun." Jonghyun whispered to Hyunwoo. "Where is he?"

"I haven't seen him." Hyunwoo whispered back. Jonghyun looked over to Naeun who walked over to them.

"Last time I checked," Naeun said quietly, her eyes downcast. "He's not doing so well."

"Did he not come to say his goodbyes?" Hyunwoo asked.

"He came alright." Naeun answered, looking up at my two brothers, who looked confused.

"He was that mysterious stranger who snuck into the back room way before the ceremony started. I found him in there whispering to himself. I knew it was him, so I didn

Please log in to read the full chapter