CH. 9 Reflex

Rotten Luck

Ch. 9 Reflex

 

Myungsoo’s hands started shaking profusely. The irregular vibration traveled throughout his entire body. He tried to distract himself and shake off the nerves but was failing. Myungsoo could hear his blood vessels throbbing in his ears. He grew thirstier and thirstier with every empty gulp he took, growing paler by the second as he eyed Sungyeol like a lion on the hunt. The sleeping boy looked so angelic, so alluring, so wonderfully tasty. Myungsoo’s vision blurred by the ten fold as his hunger heightens.

 

The famished vampire found himself creeping towards Sungyeol, but he dropped himself on his knees to the floor to prevent himself from going any further. This didn’t help as his hands and knees still gravitated to the innocent victim as he involuntarily crawled across the floor with his claws scratching the hardwood floor. Myungsoo reached the bed. He reached shaking pale fingers towards Sungyeol, pulling down the latter’s blanket and revealing more of the sleeping boy’s body. The next thing to pull down was Sungyeol’s shirt collar. Myungsoo leaned his face closer to Sungyeol’s before trailing his nose down to the sleeping beauty’s neck. The vampire leaned his face down towards the slender neck, mouth open wide, fangs fully matured and glistening. He got closer and closer, but abruptly stopped just before his fangs could graze the pale skin.

 

“No. No, no, no no no I cant!...” He gasped and gripped at his hair, debating with himself pensively. His hands were still shaking from the blood deficit and it definitely didn’t help that the sun was high in the sky now. The teenage vampire was fighting hard to control himself. Sungyeol’s scent was too strong, too sweet, too delicious for him to handle.

 

    “Emmh…” Sungyeol moaned in his sleep, making it impossible for Myungsoo to resist. The image of Sungyeol before him blurred every now and then and whenever his vision cleared, he could see through every flowing blood vessel beneath the fair skin of the boy’s neck. In a panic, Myungsoo turned his body 180 degrees away from Sungyeol and covered his face with his hands practicing Woohyun umma’s Tai Chi breathing exercises in attempt to calm himself. He was about to stalk back to the closet but a soft murmur from Sungyeol made him turn around.

    

Myungsoo forgot his internal debate once again as he turns to the human and gave him a loving glance. Sungyeol had kicked off his blanket by now revealing his smooth and slender leg. Myungsoo gulped again. "Why did he have to wear shorts?" The teenage vampire thought to himself. “Of all things, why did he have to wear shorts?!”

 

"I'm so sorry my Sungyeolie..."

    

With a shaking pale finger, Myungsoo traced the silhouette of Sungyeol’s legs. His fingers moved from Sungyeol’s ankles upward, stopping at his thighs. The vampire wrapped a hand over the human’s pale and smooth leg, gripping it at the ankle and lowered his head, sinking his sharp fangs into Sungyeol’s right thigh. Myungsoo closed his eyes in a second of ecstasy as he savored the delicious, honey-like blood traveling from his tongue down his throat. Every gulp quenched a little bit more of his thirst, but the moment didn’t last long. He felt a great force making an impact against the side of his face, making him spit out his last mouthful of blood.

 

Sungyeol woke abruptly from a sharp pain coming from his right thigh. He yelped as the stinging pain felt like he was punctured by two really big and sharp needles, causing the boy to reflexively thrash his legs wildly trying to rid of the unknown and foreign object at his thighs. His knee came into contact with something hard before his foot instinctively landed on someone’s face. Sungyeol sat up immediately and grabbed his baseball bat beside him, taking a swing at the “ert”. A thud could be heard as the person fell to the ground, and Sungyeol stood up on his bed, staring, fuming at the person lying on the floor.

 

Sungyeol raised the bat and prepared for another swing when a hand shot out to shop him.

    

“SUNGYEOLLIE, NO, DON’T HIT. IT’S JUST ME!” Myungsoo cried through a hand covering his bloody nose as he laid in fetal position on the cold hardwood floor. For a human, Sungyeol hits hard.

 

That made Sungyeol hit him even more.

 

“YOU ERT! I SHOULD HAVE NEVER TRUSTED YOU!”

    

“NO, no it’s not what you think! Sungyeolliee, I”m not a ert, I was just hungry!” Myungsoo felt pained at Sungyeol’s accusation. Things were finally looking brighter between them, and Myungsoo cursed at himself for not being able to control his own hunger and desires. Why did his Umma and Appa feed him so well as a child?? Now, he couldn’t even leave home to stay overnight without a proper meal. Not even a snack.

 

In a fit of rage, Sungyeol failed to notice the two fresh puncture marks on his thighs or the fact that it was still bleeding. The more Myungsoo tried to explain himself, the worse and worse it sounded it in Sungyeol’s ears.

 

"What do you mean hungry?! Yah!? You ert don't put me into your weird S&M kinks! I can’t believe I fell for your charms even ONCE!"

 

"No no really ! It's not what you think Sungyeolie! I...I ..I”

 

“You what?! What exactly were you trying to do?”

 

“I’m a vampire!”

 

Sungyeol eyes widen, stop and gripped onto his bat tighter.

 

“You’re a w...what?”

 

“A...vampire.” Myungsoo repeated, staring at Sungyeol sadly giving him the lost puppy eyes.

“Stop using lame excuses!”

 

“No, I really AM a vampire! SEE?!” Myungsoo stretched his mouth with a finger to reveal one of his fangs that were still coated with blood.

 

“Stop joking with me!” Sungyeol didn’t believe it. He thought they were those fake plastic fangs for Halloween.

 

“I’M NOT! They’re real! Touch them!” Myungsoo defended.

 

Sungyeol stormed over and reached into Myungsoo’s nasty bloody mouth. He winced and made a face before taking a firm hold of the pointy canine tooth, intending to pull off the plastic fangs. He yanked at it. It wouldn’t come off. He yanked at it again and Myungsoo’s head yanked with the tooth this time. It still wouldn’t come off.

 

“Dthoo you beliefth me now?” Myungsoo chided with Sungyeol’s finger still on his fang.

 

Sungyeol slightly dropped his jaw and ever so slowly removed his hands.

 

“...O...okay… so on top of being a ert, you’re a super strong blood thirsty ert too…” Sungyeol concluded.

 

“No no, I’m just a super strong vampire.”

 

“That doesn’t make the situation any better!”

 

Please Sungyeolie, don’t be mad. I...it was just exhaustion, I’ve never been out that long without a meal before, I really didn’t mean to lose control I don't normally bite people!” Myungsoo explained earnestly watching Sungyeol back away towards a wall, eyes enlarged in fear.

“YOU BIT me on the thigh! How am I supposed to NOT be mad at you!” Sungyeol yelled with his eyes falling to his rolled up shorts in horror. “ERT!” They were left rolled up since Myungsoo didn’t want to create too much of a mess.

 

Myungsoo began to raise his hands in the air in a motion to show to Sungyeol that he is harmless.

 

“I love you, and only you. I swear I won’t hurt you.”

 

“...”

 

“Please believe me! If...if I had bad intentions towards you I would’ve your blood a long time ago while I had the chance back then, I didn’t have to wait until now! I had many opportunities!”

 

Sungyeol glared at this statement. He didn’t understand why he always gave Myungsoo a chance despite the strange circumstances that seemed to prove his judgement to be wrong; deep down, he didn’t know why he always believed in Myungsoo’s words. Even if Myungsoo might be a legitimate compulsive liar, Sungyeol always somehow fell for the words produced by his unique voice. He blamed it on his weak heart and also perhaps in the way that he was attracted to Myungsoo’s clear eyes that sparkled underneath the lights and maybe it was his dorky dimpled smiles.

 

“Ok…I believe you.” Sungyeol hesitantly dropped his bat. It clanked on the floor, and Sungyeol wondered if he'll regret releasing the weapon later.

    Myungsoo smiled brightly at Sungyeol’s words, and try to  approach him but the vampire boy seem to have used up too much energy due to hunger and lack of sleep. The shorter boy’s legs gave in as he trips over his own feet clumsily and fell face first on to the floor in front of Sungyeol. Myungsoo let out a low groan, his face was paler than usual. He was clearly lacking his daily nutrients. Sungyeol felt a little sorry for the teenage vampire and decided to lift him by the arms and slinging it over his shoulders. Sungyeol figured the closet was the best place for a vampire, so he helped Myungsoo in laying the sickly boy down over the heaps of clothes.

    Myungsoo once again flashed a charming smile at Sungyeol’s words and tried to approach him but the vampire boy seemed to have used too much energy due to hunger, the lack of sleep, and gosh, the blaring sunlight. The shorter boy’s legs gave in as he tripped over his own feet clumsily and fell face first in front of Sungyeol. Myungsoo let out a low pained groan. His face was much pastier than usual. He was clearly lacking his daily nutrients. In his rush of adrenaline, Sungyeol felt a little sorry for the teenage vampire and decided to lift him by the arms and slung him over his shoulders. Sungyeol stuffed him in the closet since it was the nearest and largest thing that could fit and shield Myungsoo from the sun; Myungsoo’s skin had now been wisping with smoke. He helped the sickly amateur vampire by laying him down over a pile of clothes. Sungyeol closed the door and leaned his back against it, not sure of what had just happened within the last 10 minutes. He slumped down onto the floor and remembered that his thigh was bleeding. He lifted his shorts to examine it.

 

“Eruuuhhhgggmmmmmmm…..hnnnnnnn…” A low dying sound emitted from inside the closet. Sungyeol choose to ignored it, until the noise got louder and louder; almost becoming unbearable. He found Myungsoo laying slump on his sides with his hands to his stomach, the vampire boy groan morbidly.

 

    “Yah, Vampire Kim! Don’t die in my closet now...wake up!”

    “....nnhh...S..sungyeoliee...help...me…” Myungsoo groaned.

Sungyeol questioned himself over and over as to why he actually cared, but after each mental debate, it ended up that he did. He undeniably and seriously cared just a tiny bit for Kim Myungsoo.

    “...W...what should I do?” Sungyeol questioned the weak vampire.

    “b...blood…..bat ...juice blood.”

    “W..Where do I even find that!?”

   “U...Umma…”

    “B...b...but I don’t know where you live!”

        Myungsoo grew weaker. Sungyeol felt a mass slump against the closet door from the other side, so he opened it in a panic. In desperation, Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo’s upper body up towards him in a sitting position. The only snack available here was him.

    “Yah! D..don’t die here! Hoya ahjusshi doesn’t have a big enough shovel to scoop you up!”

    “mmhhhhnnnn...”

    It wasn’t that Myungsoo was dying, but being next to Sungyeol just made him hungrier and hungrier and it was draining all his life energy out of him by resisting.

 

The next moment, Sungyeol closed his eyes bitterly before making a rash decision. The tall human decided to do something benevolent and anchored the half dead vampire’s head up towards his humanly nape. Myungsoo sniffed a few times like a puppy that found its food. Sungyeol repeatedly questioned his own sanity as he nudged his neck towards Myungsoo’s lips, urging him to take a bite.

    “....emm….” Myungsoo tried his best to refuse the offer by backing his head away weakly, but the moment his lips touched on Sungyeol’s clean neck, his vampiric instincts kicked in. Sungyeol winced as he felt sharp fangs biting into his skin, but for the sake of saving a life he endured it.

    “Ugghh...hurry! I don’t have that much blood to begin with!” the feeling was uncomfortable for Sungyeol, however he found it strange that he felt butterflies in his stomach.  

    

Sungyeol considered it like donating blood to a blood bank. He told himself there was nothing weird about this at all and that he was saving a life. Sungyeol felt himself getting a little fatigued and dizzy as Myungsoo’s started to slow down. He felt Myungsoo pull away gently. The once half dead vampire boy’s face returned with a rosy color that was even better than before. He looked refreshed and bright again. The boy gave Sungyeol a familiar bright, dimpled and sheepish smile, expressing his shyness towards Sungyeol’s benevolence.

    “Sungyeoliee you really do care!”

Sungyeol tried to roll his eyes but he was too tired from the lack of blood. All he felt like doing was sleep to restore his energy. He lethargically placed his head down on the pile of dirty clothes on the ground of the closet. Myungsoo grinned stupidly, slapping both hands on each side of his cheeks, pinching them, disbelieving, and hoping that what just happened wasn’t a dream. He smiled like an absolute idiot in satisfaction when he felt a sting as his palms bounced off his face. This was reality and he could barely contain himself inside the closet. He hugged Sungyeol tightly before laying down next to his savior, wrapping a protective leg around him. Myungsoo reached for some of the clothes lying on the floor to drape over Sungyeol. He nudged the closet door closed so that it was pitch dark and also went to sleep after so much deprivation.

 

Myungsoo smiled happily at the naive human  and planted a soft kiss on his head. He and Myungsoo was bound for life now! He had tasted Sungyeol's (self offered) blood, and forever wherever Sungyeol might be he would be able to find him, that was how it worked.This was had turned into their eternal pact.

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hoya stalked straight for Sunggyu’s house with the sun rising behind him and banged violently on the Kim-Nam residence. He reached his destination in only 20 minutes when it usually took twice that time to walk from his suburban home to the dark hill that overlooks the town. He didn’t care how far the trip was. He was raging, his veins pumping with adrenaline. The vampire-wolf couple had to turn over their soon to be tiger bait son.

 

    *KNOCKNOCKKNOCKKNOCK*

 

Hoya slammed on the knocker repeatedly. The sun was fresh in the sky, and he didn’t expect to see Sunggyu, however he didn’t care, Woohyun was home after all.

 

A groggy Woohyun greeted him at the door. Woohyun wore a bathrobe that stopped a little too short above his knees, revealing his unsightly leg hairs that made usually made hoya cringe, but Hoya didn’t have time for that today. The fairest of the village half opened his lips and was unamused as he eyed the former tiger hunter, a little surprised that he was in full gear with the big gun and hunting boots and all. \

 

“Wae...what do you want this early in the morning?” Woohyun nonchalantly asked.

 

Your son,” Hoya said venomously almost hissing the out the words.” Where is heee! WHERE IS KIM MYUNGSOO. HAND ME KIM MYUNGSOO!” The veins in his neck were popping.

 

“Why? What do you want with Myungsoo? He went on a date yester...Myungsoo!” Myungsoo said in realization. Myungsoo hadn’t returned home from his date. Just the previous night, Woohyun was away at his mother’s for the full moon and had barely returned this early morning. He was too tired to go check on his precious aegi in his coffin to notice that Myungsoo was still missing.

 

“Didn’t he stay at your place?” Woohyun though this was most probable.

 

“NO. HE WOULDN’T MAKE IT BACK HERE ALIVE IF HE WERE AT MY PLACE. Don’t bother making excuses for that rascal. Wherever you’re hiding him, I’ll find him!”

 

Hoya poked Woohyun with the tip of his rifle and pushed past the werewolf and into the house. He stormed up the stairs, not caring to be careful of the creaking steps, and dashed into every room of the manor upstairs. He reached Myungsoo’s room and flipped open the coffin before shutting it down harshly.

 

“Hoya, explain to me what happened. I am legitimately worried! Myungsoo didn’t come home last night. I would've heard him come in!” Woohyun tried to reason.

 

An arm extended, lifting the lid of a larger coffin before a grumpy Sunggyu dramatically sat up. The old vampire woke with the slamming of doors and loud noises from outside his coffin. He heard Hoya’s resonating voice.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that! I’m sure your precious son is doing fine with his supernatural brunt strength and all. Actually you should be more concerned about other people than him.” Hoya said flatly not hiding the bitterness and anger in his voice.

 

“But my precious Myungsoo never gone overnight before! Sure he passed curfew every now and then, but never overnight!”

 

“What’s wrong with Myungsoo?” Sunggyu had climbed out of his coffin and met up with a panicking Woohyun.

 

“HE TRASHED MY CAR. MY. CAR.” Hoya bellowed, spitting saliva in the process.

 

“Hoya-shii, this is why you’ve been single for so long,” Gyu started calmly. “Fine, you can have my car. I just installed the back up beeper, so you won’t have to worry about backing up into anything again!”

 

“GAWRAAHHHHH!” Hoya grabbed a fistfull of his hair in frustration and stomped down the stairs. “NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN. WHAT IS MY REASON TO LIVE?!”

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

    Woohyun set out from his home with Hoya trying to look for his precious son. The werewolf sniffed out every corner that he could using his wolf senses to track down the teenage vampire. Secretly, he bet that the kid hasn’t showered yet so he hoped that this fact would aid him in his search. His heart was beating wildly for his little baby boy. Hoya couldn’t help but rolled his eyes at every turn whenever Woohyun stopped to hold up his hands to his chest, dramatically tearing up. The tiger hunter figured that the stupid twerp probably ran as far away from home as he can by now, so he decided to look in the forest.

 

“I’m telling you he wouldn’t be here! The forest is too dark and damp and cold for our precious Mingthoo aegi, why would he be here!? Let’s turn back Hoya-shii! My legs hurt!” Woohyun whined. This was totally true. Myungsoo wouldn’t thrive for long in the dark forest. Plus, Woohyun didn’t smell the boy anywhere near. “He might be hiding out at your place knowing that you’d go look for him  here!”

 

At last, Hoya relented and the two started down the hill towards Hoya’s house. It was now the early evening. As they came closer to the sidewalk leading up to Hoya’s neighborhood, Woohyun’s nose perked up.

 

“Omo! Omoomoomo!,” He took a deep sniff. “Mingthoo! It’s Mingthoo! Umma’s coming Myungsoo-ya!” Woohyun ran off in the scent’s direction.

 

Meanwhile, Hoya paused in his tracks. He unstrapped the rifle from his torso, cocked it, and tucked it under his armpit before marching after Woohyun towards his house.

 

Woohyun ran with open arms down the sidewalk towards Hoya’s front door.

 

“Myung aegi! Umma is here! Come out, come out to umma!” He halted abruptly when he felt that Myungsoo’s scent was a lot stronger at the house before Hoya’s house. That’s weird. He backtracked and kept backing up until he found himself inside someone’s backyard that had a huge tall tree in it. The scent kept getting stronger and stronger and Woohyun was soon scaling up the tree like the way his son does every night. Hoya stood on the ground and looked up a Woohyun, wondering what the heck he was doing.

 

“AIGOO. Egumonina, egumonina…” Hoya flinched and looked away when he saw Woohyun’s horrifying red underpants from underneath his bathrobe as the latter climbed higher and higher up the tree.

 

At last, Woohyun reached the branch that led to Sungyeol’s open window and he didn’t hesitate for a single second to intrude inside the home. Woohyun was worried. Why the hell would Myungsoo’s scent be the strongest in here! He jumped into the room and scanned the room cautiously before he noticed a bloodstain on the sheets of the bed.

 

“It can’t be…..” Woohyun narrowed his eyes and whispered. Anxiousness washed all over him as he continued to follow Myungsoo’s scent, which was getting stronger the closer he approached what seemed to be a closet.

 

“It can’t be…” Woohyun kept chanting this mantra inside his head. “Kim Myungsoo, you are really dead meat when I find you.”

 

Myungsoo and another’s scent grew stronger as Woohyun found himself being drawn towards the closet doors, there were also a trail of blood that lead into the closet. He slowly made his way to the closet feeling the He carefully and slowly opened up the closet door.

 


A/N: Sorry about the spacing! We write it on google docs (and sometimes on mobile) because it's easier to share, but the formatting doesn't translate well to the aff text editor D8 This is what we imagine Yeo'ls room to look like (somewhat). Windows are big enough to fit Myungsoo. :) 

 



Poor Hoya. Nobody cares about his precious car.