CH. 8 The Hunter and the Hunted

Rotten Luck

Ch 8.

 

          “Wait!” Sungyeol called after him. “You-you smelled really nice today!”

 

Upon hearing Sungyeol’s call behind him, Myungsoo turned around immediately and smiled “coolly” at Sungyeol, watching the other boy close the door. The vampire boy made his way back to Hoya’s purple sports car and drove down the street, making it seem as if he was heading home (just in case Sungyeol was watching from the window); however, once he reached the intersection, he turned the car around, making a sharp U-turn, causing the abused tires of the car to screech loudly. His sharp vampire senses smelled the scent of burning rubber

 

Myungsoo drove the car down the street, past Sungyeol’s house and slowed down as it approached Hoya’s driveway. Only, when he reached the house, he attempted to turn in the driveway (crookedly) and got stuck, so he ended up parallel parking on the side of the curb. “Parallel”. \

The tires climbed the curb before the head of the car jammed head first into a lavender colored mailbox labeled “Lee Howon”. In a panic, Myungsoo accidentally reversed the car onto the lawn, crushing a patch of flowers and leaving dirt marks where the car touched the now dead grass. After he made a couple of adjustments and was satisfied with his parking job, the boy quickly got out to check the damage. It shouldn’t be that bad right? Luckily, it was only damaged on one side; the other appeared to be spotless except that the paint was slightly scratched. No worries. The creative child colored in the paintless patch with a purple sharpie he found in the glove compartment of the car. However, there was one more problem: the hood was popped, but it was only noticeable on the other side. The vampire decided to dig through Hoya Ahjusshi’s trunk to find something that would maybe help him tie down the hood. His eyes lit up when he came across some purple duct tape lying among the tools inside the trunk. There, all fixed. He also used it to cover up some of the more major scratches that the sharpie couldn’t manage.

 

“This is perfect!” He thought. The purple duct tape would hold down the hood perfectly while camouflaging the dent and scratching!


 

He stretched a long piece of tape and placed it vertically down the center of the hood. Since the hood was popped and wouldn’t stay down with that piece alone, he stretched a longer piece and somehow managed to loop it under the car and up towards the bumper. He made another line perpendicular to the first two pieces for extra security. A couple more shorter pieces were used to cover the scratches on the side of the door. The lights were busted too from his sharp turns, but that couldn’t be helped. Hoya’s trunk didn’t carry yellow or white tape.

 

He dusted his hands together, admiring his makeshift repair job and smirked happily. Now, it was time to check on his beautiful Sungyeol while he sleeps. Maybe Myungsoo could even sneak in for a goodnight kiss before heading back home. The agile vampire scaled the familiar tree once more, climbing up the familiar branch that reached towards Sungyeol’s window. He knew he shouldn’t be doing this and that Woohyun umma would hit him again, but it was too hard to leave Sungyeol. He missed him already even though they last saw each other 30 minutes ago. Sungyeol was already sound asleep. Myungsoo smiled softly as he continued to watch his precious love laying in deep slumber. He giggled, not even trying to contain the giddiness he felt from within.

 

Dusk was approaching soon and Myungsoo found his lids growing heavy. He had been too careless and at this rate, he would never make it home in time without getting burned from the morning sun. After all, his sunblock needed to be reapplied every 45 minutes and he didn’t bring enough to reapply for a trip home. It was probably around 5 am now and the sun was bound to rise in a couple of minutes.

 

The tree was tall. Really tall. Myungsoo saw that the upper branches had thicker and denser leaves that could potentially shield him from the sun, so he decided to climb higher. From his new height, he could see into what is possibly Hoya ahjussi’s bedroom window and what he saw in the window alarmed him.

 

First he heard the sound of an alarm, precisely ringing at 5: 15 am. Then a stocky figure lamely sat up in bed, the silhouette of his hair an absolute mess. Also, the sun was beginning to peak out from the clouds, so Myungsoo stayed put and curiously watched and wondered what Hoya Ahjusshi does in the morning. He wakes up too early, that’s why he’s cranky all the time.

 

Hoya couldn’t sleep well last night. He usually slept through his first alarm, but he was too hung up on his car, making him antsy and anxious whether he would have it returned in one piece or not. He went into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee and proceeded to open up the windows to let in some air. He opened the biggest livingroom window that oversees the driveway. His car! It’s here! And it’s in one piece! Hoya smiled and proceeded out the door to greet his baby. He was so happy to see it again!

 

His heart calmed as soon as he saw his beautiful purple mistress resting in profile view at the curb in front of his lawn. He was too entranced that he failed to notice the scenery in front of him until he walked across his lawn to get closer. There were harsh marks on the green grass and the flowers in the flower patched were squished. Okay. So the kid doesn’t know how to park.  

 

He didn’t notice anything weird until the half open sunroof caught his eyes. He tried to close it from the outside. It didn’t budge. He growled to himself and made his way toward the other side to access the driver’s side of the car, but was horrified when he saw what went on with the hood. His jaw dropped and he quickly felt his blood pressure rise up all the way to his ears as he saw the duct tape, dented hood, and busted lights. Hoya’s eyes dilated back and forth in pure terror as he studied each mark that scarred “Violet”. He ran his fingers over what seems to be some metal that was inadequately colored with a marker. His legs weakened. He fell downwards to the ground on his knees, hands pulling at his hair as he tried to hold back a cry. His lips trembled softly as he reached out a shaking hand to caress the broken lights. A piece chipped off as he did so.


 

“KIIIM MMMMYYUNGGGGSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SOOOOOOOOOOOooo

SOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

Sooooooooooooo

Soooooo

Soooo

 

It echoed through the streets. Through the town. Myungsoo felt some heavy ultrasonic waves blowing the branches from where he sat, arched in hiding. Crows flew out of the tree. The leaves rustled. He was totally dead meat. No, deader than dead, he would be butchered and fed to the dogs. No, Hoya would use him as tiger bait.


 

Sungyeol woke abruptly to from his beauty sleep to a loud morbid cry coming from downstairs in the streets. The fair boy made his way to the window to see what was going on.

 

From his window, he heard an enormous slam of a front door and Hoya Ahjusshi stalking across his lawn, storming with the strap of a huge sniper rifle made for hunting tigers slung across his shoulders, the gun fitting snugly in his hands. Sungyeol watched in astonishment as the tiger hunter stomped angrily down the streets in the direction of the big hill. His attention slowly fell to the rustling branches from the tree next to his window. He saw a familiar round tush sticking out from the bushy leaves. The black appeared in front of him, rustling through the branches before backing up towards him and the window. It came closer and closer before its owner turned around.

 

"Yah, Kim Myungsoo! What are you doing there!?" Sungyeol yelled to the latter. The taller boy reached for a baseball bat to give the black figure a poke. It was the nearest thing.

 

"Ahhh! S...Sungyeol waaah what are you doing up at this hour?!"

 

Sungyeol eyes narrowed bitterly at his suitor for he was up to his old stalking ways again. The moment he was about to close the window on Myungsoo the other boy held out his hands.

 

" W..Wait Sungyeolie... please don't leave me here!"

 

"What do you want !" Sungyeol huffed.

 

"C..can I stay until Sunset? I’m in a sticky situation right now."

 

"You should be considering the amount of sunblock you put on..."

 

“No! Really though! Please Sungyeolie. Please, you just saw how mad Hoya Ahjusshi was!”

 

 

 

"Fine..."

 

Sungyeol gave him a weird look before reluctantly agreeing. The human boy opened his window wider allowing Myungsoo to climb in. The vampire boy quickly and happily climbed through Sungyeol’s window officially for the first time. He could barely contain his feels.

 

Myungsoo yawned. It was early morning and he would've usually gone to bed two hours ago. Sungyeol yawned as well since he didn't usually wake up that early. The two stared awkwardly at each other before Sungyeol went to sit down on his bed. He was starting to feel moody, a pout formed on his lips. Myungsoo scooted closer to him and gave him a cheesy grin.

 

“Yah, get off my bed.”

 

"Just rest well precious Sungyeolie, I promise I won't make a sound." Myungsoo said reassuringly, giving Sungyeol a loving pat on the head.

 

Sungyeol nodded nonchalantly, too sleepy to worry about his endangered chastity. The beautiful boy lay down gracfully on the bed.

 

 

“You can have the floor. Don’t you dare touch me.” He sat up to grab the baseball bat at the foot of his bed before hugging it to sleep.

 

“You can trust me Yeollie~!” Myungsoo grinned before curling into fetal position beside Sungyeol on the floor.

 

He tried to sleep, but there was still too much natural light in the room. In fact, the sun was making the room brighter. Myungsoo tossed and turn for almost half an hour yet he still couldn’t sleep and it didn’t help that he didn’t have Woohyun umma to bring him a midnight snack before bed. The boy tossed and turned some more as his stomach growled, making it harder to even try to sleep. He tried scooting closer to the bed and tried to roll under it for the darkness, but he couldn’t fit. Pressed up against the crack between the bottom edge of the bed and the floor, he aimlessly scanned around the room with bloodshot eyes until they landed on a tall narrow closet.

 

He got up from his place on the floor, crawled towards Sungyeol's closet, and opened the closet door. It was nicely dark and cool in there. He thought that Sungyeol wouldn’t mind, so he made himself comfortable, drowning in ecstasy from the smell of Sungyeol’s clothes before he shut the door, shut his eyes and drifted off into a slumber.

 

“ggrrruuumbmmmmmbbbb rrrrrrrrgggggmmmm grrrrrrrnnhhhh” Myungsoo's stomach grumbled.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes shot open again. It had barely been another half hour. He was tossing and turning uncomfortably in the closet once again. He grabbed a fistfull of Sungyeol’s shirts in the closet and pulled it to his nose. Sungyeol’s scent seemed to have helped in easing his sleeping difficulties a little bit earlier, but this time instead of Sungyeol’s scent, all he could smell was the detergent the human used. Myungsoo had smelled Sungyeol out of his shirts. There was however, another scent that filled the room, and the smell intensified when Myungsoo cracked open the closet door, conveniently giving him a view of the sleeping figure on the other side of the room.

 

Myungsoo towered darkly above Sungyeol, the growling from his stomach intensifying after each blank gulp he took in vain. Sungyeol's scent was growing stronger in nose. He eyed the beauty from head to toe, lingering on his exposed neck. It didn't help that Sungyeol had turned slightly tilting his head the opposite direction exposing his pale and smooth neck to Myungsoo. Sungyeol's pale neck appear so appetizing. Myungsoo gulped swallowing down his saliva. His mouth was salivating intensively.