Someday

Blurred Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeyeon, I know you’re in there. Please open up.” Jessica leaned against the door.

The truth was, Taeyeon wanted to apologize the second he walked out of Jessica’s set but his anger strapped him down. And now, cooled down from his high, he had no courage to speak or even face her, too ashamed of what he did and said hours ago. He was dying to ask for forgiveness that was long overdue. But he knew he didn’t deserve it.

“No, you destroyed us Jessica.”

“Get out!”

“Out of your life?”

How could he have said those words to her?

As for Jessica, the staff comforted her the moment Taeng left, telling her they can always postpone the shooting. Jessica insisted they finish as they were already there. She too wanted to run after him but couldn’t as hurt and anger tied her down.

After the final touches to her shoot, Jessica returned to her hotel room, waiting desperately for someone’s visit. She finally took action when she disappointingly figured out he wasn’t going to come after waiting an hour.

“Please…” Taeyeon heard her plea. Her voice was soft and weak.

Jessica took a step back as she heard the door open. The couple spoke no words – but orbs longingly locked on orbs.

Taeyeon saw the sea of brown eyes he loved so dearly bloodshot red outlined with black smudges, her porcelain face now pale and sharp nose, red. It shattered his heart seeing her so broken and he was the reason why.

Jessica clenched her jaw to stop herself from letting out a sob as she saw his pale white face, hair disheveled knowing he ran his fingers through it several times and eyes swollen. She was the first to look away, unable to handle the pain that was pouring out of them both.

“Can we talk?” she croaked. Taeyeon checked his watch. Jessica seemed to have gotten his message as she added it won’t take long. Taeyeon opened the door wider.

The idol reluctantly entered his room. She noticed his suitcase lying open on top the bed with half his clothing packed, the rest scattered.

“You’re going back to Korea?”

He only nodded, brushing passed Jessica as he made his way to continue packing.

“Taeyeon” The only response was the throwing of unfolded clothes into a suitcase. “Taengoo.” This time her voice cracked causing Taeyeon to tightly shut his eyes.

“I didn’t mean to-” she stuttered. “I just, I didn’t know I caused-” Jessica was having such a difficult time expressing her feelings. It was never her intention to make him feel unwanted.

“I caused you so much pain.” Jessica tightly wrapped her cardigan around her body hoping it would give her the warmth and healing she searched for.

Taeyeon blinked away his tears. He questioned where these tears were coming from as he thought he cried them all out an hour ago. He directed his attention to Jessica but soon regretted as pain showered him once again.

He watched miserably as Jessica attempted to muffle her cry with her cardigan sleeve. She used her other hand to wipe the streaming tears on her right cheek but then felt another stream down her left.

“I’m so sorry, Taeyeon.” She finally broke down.

These were the words that he had wanted to hear, but for some reason, they didn’t sink in. Seeing Jessica so apologetic was heartbreaking to him. She was an idol; this was her job, to make Korea proud with the gifts that she had been given. He was asking her for too much. In his heart, he knew that.

“Jessica,” he finally spoke, “You don’t have to be sorry.” He un-gripped his clothes and took a step towards her. “I was asking for a lot.”

“No, you weren’t,” Jessica interrupted, slowly taking steps towards him, like she was walking in mud that were up to her knees. “I need to try harder to make you my priority.”

Looking at her hung head, Taeng was full of emotions. Hurt and anger pierced his heart, but a new emotion flooded his chest: sadness. He placed his right hand under Jessica’s chin and gently tipped it up. His hand caressed her cheek and wiped the tears that were glistening down her face.

Taeyeon finally spoke. “I should be the one saying sorry.”

He felt his girlfriend shake her head, interrupting him once more. “This is entirely my fault, Taeyeon. You were right. I destroyed our relationship.”

Taeyeon used his other hand to caress Jessica’s other cheek, holding her petite face gently in place to stop her from shaking. As much as Taeyeon wanted her to take the blame, it hurt him so much to hear her say those words.

“No, baby. I didn’t mean what I said back at the set. I was just-” he swallowed, soothing his dry throat, “That wasn’t me back there.”

“I’m the one who destroyed our relationship.” He continued before Jessica could say anything. “I wasn’t patient with you. I- I made you do too many things, knowing how difficult it is to balance your job.” He choked. “I couldn’t understand this wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter