Ruined

Blurred Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The brunette tiredly stretched for her phone to shut off the obnoxious alarm that disturbed her sleep. She then scanned her notifications anticipating for a person’s greet, but none was shown.

Her heart became heavy, remembering last night’s event. She remembered everything. “Oh, you’re still here.” The sight of Taeyeon’s disappointed expression still fresh. She mentally scolded herself; she didn’t mean to say those words so coldly. Jessica shook her head, thinking it would erase her memory.

Jessica knew Taeyeon’s intentions last night were good but he could have listened to her. She did tell him to stop, didn’t she? She felt as if Taeyeon couldn’t understand her, no matter how obvious she made it. Why couldn’t he see how important this fashion line was for her? If he did he wouldn’t have overreacted.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sharp vibration. She quickly checked the caller ID. A hint of disappointment ran across her face.

“I’m awake.” she said expressionlessly.

“Yes Oppa. I’ll be ready in an hour.”

Knowing that she had a big day ahead of her, Jessica pushed aside her thoughts. She needed to take things one step at a time. She wore her best fake smile and made her way to the bathroom.

-

Taeng reluctantly opened his eyes only to be greeted with strong rays of sunlight seeping through his room. Reaching for his phone to check the time, he immediately regretted it when seeing his wallpaper of him and Jessica.

Thoughts of last night raced through his mind. Taeyeon let out a scream.

 “No, I’m not busy.” This scene played multiple times in his mind, bruising his heart. Was being an idol more important than their relationship? Was this Blanc Company that important?

“Stop.” he said to himself. “It’s my fault. I should have just listened to her.” He decided it was best to apologize to her for his mistakes.

Taeng jumped off his bed and headed straight to the shower, knowing exactly what he had to do to fix things.

-

Coming back from his trip to the nearest bouquet shop, the young man nervously exited the elevator and made his way to his girlfriend’s room. “Look, Jessica. I’m really sorry about last night.” he rehearsed, taking in a couple of deep breathes, before knocking on the door.

“Taeng.” He immediately turned his direction to the owner of the voice.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica’s manager questioned him as he curiously eyed the bouquet of flowers in his hands.

“I wanted to support Jessica today.” He said, purposely leaving out the main reason as to why he was there.

“She’s already at the set.”

“Oh.”

Seeing the younger man’s disappointment, the manager invited him to come along. “I’ll take you there. I just have to pick up a few of her things before we leave.”

-

Taeyeon entered the set with Jessica’s manager. He was greeted with familiar faces, as most of his girlfriend’s staff members knew of his relationship with their boss.

He walked in silently, the bouquet of flowers hidden behind him. He heard a few giggles escape a group of young ladies who noticed his gift. Taeng laughed along and asked them to keep it down. He didn’t want to be noticed.

His eyes immediately found who he was looking for. He smiled warmly, mesmerized by such beauty. He heard rapid clicking as he saw the camera flash radiate every part of her body. His heart fluttered when he saw her break into a toothy grin, one of his weaknesses.

“Okay. Take 15.” The cameraman shouted.

Taeyeon took it as a sign to come out of hiding to surprise his girlfriend, the flowers still hidden behind him.

“Jessica, can I talk to you?” Taeng stopped his tracks when he saw the cameraman pull Jessica to the side. Taeng sprinted behind a group of staff.

“Sure.”

“Is anything bothering you?”

“No. Why? Everything’s fine.”

The cameraman wasn’t convinced. “Everything’s going as planned. Blanc’s going to do fine.”  Jessica only nodded, her eyes glued to the ground.

“Jessica, I really need you to focus. Your expressions are not that genuine in the pictures so please focus.”

Jessica fixed her direction to him and apologized.

Taeng overheard their conversation, triggering his guilt reflexes. He needed to apologize soon. She couldn’t focus because she was thinking about their past argument, he knew that.

He attempted to make his way to her once more, but with his luck, someone beat him to it. Taeng hid once again.

“Bos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter