chapter 14

LOVE OR HATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FLASHBACK

“Chanhee!” Seunghyun gasped loudly seeing, brown eyes staring in concern at the lifeless blonde. “What happened to Byunghun?”

“Jiyoung had him” Chanhee simply said, panting hardly. “Where’s your wife?”

“I’m here…oh God! Byunghun!” Shori ran toward the male, placing her palm on Byunghun’s heart. Her hand moves toward his wrist, in attempt to check for his pulse. “Oh no!” She gasped, cupping as tears seem can’t stop falling from her eyes.

“be-because of me…he..he’s..”

“I need your help” Chanhee eyed on the priest. “Save him” He demanded.

“but Chanhee, Byunghun is..”

“I don’t care! I know your wife can do this. Jiyoung probably has killed him but he still can be safe. Make him alive! Only you can do it Shori”

Shori stands like statue. Confused and sad enveloped her emotions. “Wh-what should I do?” She said, cupping her palm on the boy paler cheek.

“Have faith in your strength and his soul.” Chanhee said. “Trust yourself.”

“I’ll help.” Shori could feel a soft grab on her shoulder. It was Seunghyun. “My brother has done much damage but Byunghun remain loyal to him. He was like a dear father to him.” Seunghyun bit his lip to keep his composure, he couldn’t break down now. Not yet at least. “Thinking of me as Jiyoung only family and his love toward you, he decided to keep us alive. He maybe just a student but both of you were so closed that he thought you as his family and for the first time he neglected Jiyoung’s order though he know the consequences will do on him.”

Shori understood her husband meaning. “I’m sorry..” The priest interrupted in silence but obvious enough for Chanhee to read her mind.

“He chose to save you both, his family. He loves you and he wants both of you to live happily. He said he couldn’t wait to see your baby soon. He was so happy when he heard the news.” Chanhee smile “He is strong you know. I have faith on him, and you should too”

Shori lifted up her head toward Chanhee “Thank you” she gives him an assuring smile while shifting her eyes on Seunghyun “I’ll do my best” she promised her husband. The words received from them both had a surprisingly comforting affect on her.

She closed her eyes, both of her hands grabbing Byunghun’s wrist. Chanhee could feel the chills of coldness, came from the women’s aura. Light of green covered her wholly.

Suddenly the green lights disappeared while Shori slumped down, panting hard.

“Shori, what’s wrong?” Seunghyun asked in concerned.

“His magic was too strong. Byunghun will live but there’s a price for it”

“Price? What is it? Just say it..anything. I’ll give anything” Chanhee cried desperately.

“It’s the thing he value the most, Chanhee and you have to sacrifice it”

“I don’t mind! Whatever the thing is, just name the price. I’ll give anything. I’ll sacrifice everything for him.”

“It is very dear to him, same goes to you Chanhee. The thing he value the most is his loves toward you”

“His what?” Chanhee said in shocked. “No dear..do you really mean Byunghun’s love for him? It is too much to sacrifice”

“I mean it. Once I’m done, Byunghun will reborn. This is the only way I could do to save him. He will live as we wish. However, the old Byunghun remain dead together with his memories and…Chanhee” Shori face the boy as serious as he is sure a face can ever be “He will never love you the way he is now. Your relationship with him will never be the same again in the next life.”

+++++++++

 

Panting.

Chanhee became frantic. He was desperately fending off Byunghun’s magic. He was keeping his attacks to the minimum but mostly avoiding from hurting the boy. He can’t use magic nor swinging his opponent with his sword because the one who’s fighting him right now is the love of his life. The one he cared so much. The one he swears to protect with his own life.

“Byunghun..” Chanhee let out, almost plaintively. He raised his eyes at the same level of Byunghun’s dull eyes. He’s emotionless.

I don’t care when you forget about me. I don’t care when I know you don’t love me anymore.

Behind him, the devil chuckled. “Why stop Chanhee? Don’t you want to kill me?”

I only care that I love you. I only care to protect you. I only care to keep you away from that monster.

“Stop this!” Chanhee shouted, turning his head towards Jiyoung then went back to Byunghun who still hadn’t move from his defending

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter