His Heart and Mine

Meant To Protect You

"Penny for your thought?" Top asked Bom.

Right after their dinner, Top decided to check around the Cave to make sure it is safe. He was currently checking the garden when he saw Bom seated at one swing. The girl seemed to be lost on her own world for she was startled when she heard his deep voice. She smiled and looked away, staring at no where in particular. Top took it as a go signal for him to sit on the other empty swing.

"Dara and I used to love being in a swing." She started. "Even though she seemed vulnerable because of how thin she looks like she's a tough nut to crack." She giggled. "Even though I was her cousin, it took me almost forever to gain her trust. That's why I value her more than my life. It came such a surprise to me that she easily got used to all of you knowing how hard to gain her trust but now I understand her."

"Why are you saying this to me?" Top asked her.

She just laughed in response. "Yah! I'm asking you so answer me!" " Aigoo. Demanding as ever.You haven't changed a lot, have you?" She looked at him. She was somehow looking at him as if checking if something have changed. She sighed. " I was wrong. You never changed. I still see the real you trapped inside that robotic figure of yours." She smiled weakly and looked away from her. "

"Bom, I..."

"No,please don't." Please don't explain anything. If you don't have any plans of telling me the truth then just don't bother explaining."

"Im sorry."

"You always are."

"Its the only thing that I can do."

"Oh yeah? Well how about you become a man and tell me the truth so we can both move on with our lives and leave each other alone. I always think of different ways of killing you every time I see you. I want to bite your head off every time you're around, you know that?" She closed her eyes for a while to calm herself. "When I saw you at home this morning I thought you were there because you wanted to fix things between us. I finally said to myself that you finally cracked and that I was right, I was right that you ...you..I was someone special for you as you are to me.But I was wrong. You were there because,again, you were asked to.But does it really have to be you? Or did you really just want to hurt me so much that you volunteered to do it?" She can no longer contain the tears that it started to fall from her eyes.

"I'm not really sure what's inside that brain of yours, but, I just want you to know that, I hate you. I hate the likes of you. And if Dara will be hurt by someone like you, Someone like Kwon Jiyong, I'll do everything to expose the alliance and I'll make sure to make your lives a living hell, especially yours." She finally stood up but before she could take a step farther from him, he stood up and called her, She did not face him but she paused from where she was standing.

" I'm sorry. Believe me when I say that I have no intentions of hurting you. I swear I will never want to hurt you in any way. But..I ..Park Bom, you are special to me. I'm sorry if I can't be brave enough to stay beside you and if my existence makes everything worse for you, then , As long as you are staying here in the Cave, I'll do my best not to show myself to you. I'm sorry."

Bom should've felt happy but why does it hurt so bad. She needed air. She is suffocated with everything that she is feeling right now. Without facing him, she spoke, " Is that the best you've got? You've killed a thousand men but you can't tell me the truth. Just how selfish can you be? You are the biggest mistake that I have made my entire life Choi Seunghyun. I was wrong when I loved you. I hate myself for loving you. From now on, you and I are strangers. I will move on. I will live my life...without you." With those words, she tooks steps further away from him..away from his life. Top watched Bom walk away from him.

He wanted to shout to the whole world and to her how much he loves her but he just can't.Tears started falling from his eyes. "Mianhe, Bom-ah. I love you." Then, he faced the moon as if asking it to take all the pain away.

xxxxxxxx

Dara went out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped a round her body. She had another smaller towel in hand and was drying her hair while walking towards the closet.

"You look y doing that." Dara jumped in surprise hearing Jiyong's voice. She found him grinning and was seated on her bed. She rolled her eyes and continued what she was doing. She grabbed her lotion and started putting it on her arms and shoulders. She didn't hear any sign of movement from Jiyong, so but she felt his gaze even when she had her back facing him.

"What are you doing here in my room?" She asked still applying lotion now on her legs.

"Just checking you out.I mean! Uh...checking you if you're safe."

She smiled inwardly but tried her best to restrain herself from doing so. "I'm fine. This is the safest for me after all.You can go out now.I'll sleep early.I'll have to talk to uncle tomorrow to tell him about the what we have to do to save my appa."

She was about to turn when she felt strong arms wrapped around her waist.She felt his breathe on her neck.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?"

"I'm sorry for being so insensitive. I"m not good with words or with actions either. It's so hard for me to tell you or show you how I feel but.." He held her and let her face him. She saw his eyes full of sincerity..and love "I'll try my best to let you know you mean to me. Please don't leave...Don't leave me. Let me help you." 

He searched something in her eyes and somehow he found it. She smiled and nodded. He cupped her face and she closed her eyes feeling the warmth. when she opened her eyes again, she met his gaze and for the first time, it wasn't the cold gaze she was used to seeing. It was more of love, and she can never be wrong with it. That was the same look of her father and mother's eyes when they looked at each other. He was the one. She told herself. She can never be wrong.

"I was never good in showing people my emotions and never in my life did I have any weakness..until I found you. The frst time I saw you, I knew I was meant to protect every inch of you.  It was like your life is tied to mine. My heart belongs to you. " Jiyong said with full sincerity. " So please let me protect you with all that I have. I will put my life in danger if it meant keeping you safe and happy. "

"No. Don't ever die. All I want to ask from you is for you to live. How can I love you back if you leave me?"

With those words, he felt pure happiness. He grinned widely at her and she smiled sweetly. He took a few more inches closer and kissed her fully on the lips which she willingly responded.

After a few minures of lip-locking. They looked at eah other with love. 

"The boys will tease me to death with this.. but I just can't help but tell you ... I love you from the tip of your toe to the very last strand of your hair. I love every inch of you.I love you because of no reason at all because if I have a reason to love you, I'm afraid I'll have a reason to leave you. 

Dara giggleed. "Did you memorize all of those?"

"Yah! Stop ruining the moment!"

"Arasso! Arraso!"

He kissed her again shutting her up.

"Sandara Park, Empress of Seoul, I can't give you the world but I can give you my world. I can't promise eternal happiness but I will cry with you at times of hardships. Would you be my girlfriend?"

She smiled and kissed him on the lips. Then she met his eyes, " I am the empress of the country but you saw the real me, and you loved all of me including my flaws.."

"You have flaws?"

"asiht! stop talking! It's my time to speak now!"

"Arasso! Geez! You're not that patient afterall. I'm starting to regret asking you to be my girlfriend."

"Yah!"

Jiyong laughed."Kidding,babe. Go on."

Dara cleared ." Well, there's really not much to say, but..Yes, Kwon Jiyong. You have my heart even before we met. You are my destiny. My everything."

Jiyong and Dara shared another kiss. They parted they lips to cathc their breathe.

"You should really get dressed,babe or I swear I will not be able to control myself with you just wrapped with a towel."

" Shut up."

Jiyong chuckled and let go.

"I'll be sleeping here. Get dressed."

After giving her another kiss,he went to the bed and waited for her to join him in slumber.

xxxxxxxx

Hello everyone! So how are you guys? Me? Well, honestly, I didn't feel like updatin because of the things that had happened with our ship. I actually hated Jiyong for hours but when I woke up after taking a nap, it was gone and then my spirits are up again.IDK. Maybe I accepted that they are not together (for now.keke)but I'm sure they happened before. kekeke. OH well, i know you know what I mean. Please leave comments. I really love reading them. Till next time! Mwuah! Thanks for subscribing! :)

P.S.

Again,sorry for missplled words or wrong grammar.. I really don't have time to do proofreading.hehehe