The way You Make Me Feel

Meant To Protect You
Sanghyun and Dara were taken to one of the living rooms of the Cave. They were accompanied by Top, Daesung, Seungri, and Youngbae. Dara had Jiyong’s coat on his shoulders. Sanghyun was sitting beside her wearing a worried look on his face, his elbows resting on his legs. The four men were just silently waiting for Jiyong to get inside the room. His shoulder was currently being treated. If Dara didn’t insist, he would’ve joined them in the room.
 
Their silence was cut off when the door opened harshly revealing an angry Jiyong with some of the men from the alliance. He had a bandage on his shoulder but it didn’t show on his face that he was feeling any pain. He sat down on the empty chair and slammed a folder on the table. Dara and Sanghyun were startled and looked at him.
 
“Here comes the angry Dragon. “ Seungri whispered but Top heard him and nudged his stomach. He rolled in response while nursing his aching stomach.
 
“ Ji, we secured the whole city and we didn’t know that there were people from the Ghost Clan who have attended the party. They have increased the number of men. They have recruited men from the city.” Youngbae explained.
 
“I am not getting mad with the sudden attack, Bae! I am angry with what the message that I just received from Uncle. The whole thing was a trap. The Alliance was not able to find the emperor from the Ghost’s clan’s territory. They are here now and they brought the emperor with them."
 
“What are you saying, hyung? What do they want?” Daesung asked.
 
“They want the empress’s hand in marriage in exchange of the peace for the country and the emperor’s life. We are given a week to think about it. After that week, if the empress is not in their hands, they will kill one 20 innocent citizens every day until we give her to them."
 
“That is absurd! There is no way I am letting my sister marry one of them!” Sanghyun stood up with anger.
 
Dara held his hand and asked hi to sit and calm down.
 
“ Why are they doing this? There must be a reason why they want the empress.” Top said.
 
“ They wanted to lead the country. They know that the empress is now the leader of this country. Having the emperor as a hostage will mean nothing to them only it was meant to scare Dara and for her to agree with the marriage.” Jiyong answered.
 
“In that case, let me surrender myself and end all this.” Dara said.
 
“Are you crazy? Do you think we will let you do that? Are you that coward?” Jiyong angrily said.
 
“I do not want any lives to be taken and I want my father alive and safe. I am doing this for my people and for my father.”
 
“Are you out of your mind?! If we will let you do that, then our sacrifices would mean nothing! Are you stupid?!”
 
“I think we should all take rest. Everyone’s tired. Let’s discuss this by tomorrow.” Top immediately intervened. Jiyong sighed sensing how Top wanted him to shut up and let it pass for now.
 
“ Sanghyun, Seungri will take you to your room. CL will take you to your room, Dara. She’s my sister.” Jiyong said. Then a blonde girl wearing a jumpsuit came in.
 
“Annyeong, unnie. I’m Chaerin. You can call me CL. Kaja, let’s get you out of here before my brother breathes fire."
 
Jiyong just glared at her. CL then took Dara’s hand and led her out of the room. When Seungri, Sanghyun, Dara, and CL were out, the other 3 men sat in front of Jiyong.
 
“You were too harsh on her,man.” Youngbae said to Jiyong.
 
“ I don’t think those were the right words to say to her ,hyung. There must be some nicer way for you to tell her what you want. But calling her a coward, I don’t think that was right.” Daesung followed up.
 
“ Jiyong, cut the girl some slack. At least for the one week, don’t let her feel the pressure. Let’s think of some plan on how to get this done.” Top said.
 
“ YG is on his way here. The Ghost Clan is already taking over the Palace. It’s a good thing they can’t find us here. Their tracking devices will not work here.” Jiyong said.
 
“Oh, so it’s not like the tracking device you attached in Dara’s necklace? Kekeke. You’re so sneaky, hyung. You like her, don’t you?” Daesung teased. Top and Youngbae just chuckled.
 
“ Shut up, Dae. Do you want to die?”
 
“ Aniya! I was just asking!”
 
“Yah, Jiyong! Just admit it already!” Top said and laughed.
 
Jiyong just rolled his eyes. “Shut it,hyung. Whoever tells her that the necklace has a tracking device will die in my hands,got that?”
 
“ Our lips are sealed,loverboy.” Youngbae answered and Daesung and Top laughed even more.
 
“ Whatever.” Jiyong stood up and left the three.
 
When they heard the door closed, they stopped laughing.
 
“Of all the things, why the necklace? His mom gave it to him. Why did he attach it with a camera and gave it to her? It’s not like he can’t buy her anything more expensive.” Top uttered.
 
“The necklace is one of the things that Jiyong valued more than his life since it was her mom’s. Maybe she has found the girl that he thinks is more important than the necklace or his life.” Youngbae answered.
 
“He’s hit by cupid that bad,huh?” Daesung snickered.
 
Then all of them started laughing again. Who would’ve thought that the mighty G-Dragon would fall in love with a cyborg empress?
 
xxxxxxx
Dara had just finished bathing when she heard a knock on her door. She was wearing her robe when she opened the door and was greeted by Chaerin. She let her in. Chaerin sat on the side of the bed and placed the clothes she brought beside her.
 
“ I brought everything that you need. From undies to everything, I bought it. I do hope we have the same taste.” Chaerin said.
 
“ Thank you,Chaerin-ssi.” Dara answered.
 
“Oh ,please be informal with me,unnie. Just call me Chaerin. Is it alirght ot call you, unnie?”
 
“Yes of course, it is.”
 
“Great! By the way, I apologize for my brother’s rudeness. He’s always like that.”
 
“ I understand. If you don’t mind me asking, are you really siblings?”
 
“Yes, Oppa takes care of me very well. Ever since we lost our parents he and Uncle YG took care of me.”
 
“I’m sorry about asking.”
 
“It’s fine, unnie, you don’t need to apologize. You know, I thought you were a snob basing from what I’m seeing on TV lately. I mean, most royals have big head, you know what I mean.”
 
“Yes, I do. But my parents brought us up well and we never really take it everything seriously whenever they teach us about stuff. Sanghyun and I always play around.” Chaerin noticed the sadness on Dara’s voice.
 
“ Say, do you want to forget about your problems, unnie?”
 
“Yes, I mean, I already forgot how to live when all these started. I miss being happy.”
 
“Don’t worry, you have me now to remind you that you can still live a normal life despite everything. For tonight, I’ll help you forget about these worries. Kaja!” “Where are we going? Your brother will go ballistic if he finds out that we’re going out.”
 
“Who said about going out? This place actually has everything. We’ll just go to one room and sing our hearts out and maybe have a little drink.”
 
After that, Chaerin dragged Dara to one of the recreations room where a videoke machine and a bar was found. They sang and drank like there was no tomorrow and laughing their hearts out.
 
xxxxxxxx
Jiyong could not sleep that night. He stood up from his bed and went out from his room to get some water and probably catch some fresh air. He was about to go to the kitchen when he heard loud laughter and singing in one room. It was already 2 in the morning and he thought everyone was resting. His brows met and decided to check on it. When he opened the door, he found Chaerin and Dara laughing their heart out while dancing and singing. He went in without making any sound. He leaned through the door and crossed his hands on his chest with a smirk on his face. He has never seen this side of Dara. He’s memorized all his expression but this one is new to him. He was having fun watching the two crazy girls when he noticed the bottle of sojus on the floor. It made him curse.
 
He then called Seungri. “Hyung, what is it?” Seungri said as he answered the phone. It was clear from his voice that he woke up because of the call.
 
“Get up and get here in recreation room 2. Dara and Chaerin are drunk. Help me with them. I can’t handle 2 crazy girls” After saying that, he then ended the call.
 
“FIRST I WAS AFRAID, I WAS PETRIFIED!” Dara sang and raised her hands. She was clearly losing herself and is really drunk.
 
“KEPT THINKING I COULD NEVER LIVE WITHOUT YOU BY MY SIDE!” She continued and acted as well.
 
This made Jiyong chuckle and face palmed himself. This girl can really be crazy sometimes. Jiyong then, felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Seungri.
 
“What’s happening, hyung?”
 
“Well, these girls have gone mad.”
 
“What shall we do?”
 
“Stop them before they wake everybody up.They’re drunk”
 
“Woah! Look at those bottles! These girls seriously are crazy!”
 
Then, all the singing stopped making Jiyong and Seungri look at Dara and CL. Both girls were also looking at them with crazy smiles on their faces.
Chaerin and Dara looked at Jiyong and Seungri. The two did the same. Chaerin and Dara tilted their heads to the side, while the two men raised their left eyebrows and folded their hands over their chest in response. Chaerin and Dara laughed loudly and continued singing and dancing like nothing happened. Seungri shook his head.
 
“Looks like we have some work to do, hyung” Seungri said and Jiyong just sighed.
 
“C’mon ladies. Enough of this. It’s way past your bedtime and let’s not wake everybody up.” Seungri said to the girls. Dara and Chaerin did not listen and continued to sing and dance. He looked at Jiyong, he did not say a word but Jiyong understood what he meant.
 
“ You have my permission, maknae. But, don’t ever go through beyond that or I’ll kill you in my own hands.” Jiyong told him.
 
Seungri chuckled, “ yes, sir.” He answered and did a salute. He then marched towards Chaerin and carried her like a sack in his shoulders.
 
“Yah! Put me down, you rat!” Chaerin said.
 
“No way, cat. You’re too loud. Aisht! Quit moving! I might drop you!”
 
“ Unnie! Don’t surrender to Jiyong oppa! Keep singinggggggg!!!!! You will survive!” Chaerin said as she was taken away by Seungri.
 
“ Omo! Chaerin-ah! Nooooo!!!!!!” Dara dramatically reached her hand and Chaerin did the same until the door closed.
 
“You’re too drunk, Dara. Let’s get you to bed.” Jiyong said.
 
“ Noooo!!!! I won’t let you!hik!!! Chaerin said not to surrender! I will not surrender!” Dara said while holding on to the mic like a baby holding on to her doll.
 
Jiyong chuckled at her. “ Suit yourself.”
 
He said before he carried her like a sack as well.
 
“Yah! Put me down, you jerk!” She objected.
 
“No.” Jiyong was carrying her on his shoulder and she was silent for a while, then she started singing so loudly again.
 
“FIRST I WAS AFRAID I WAS PETRIFIED! KEPT THINKING I COULD NEVER LIVE WITHOUT YOU BY MY SIDE!”
 
“What the hell are you doing?!”
 
“Singing.”
 
“No, you’re not. You’re shouting.”
 
“It’s called singing, Mr. Smarty pants.”
 
He just shook her head and let her be. It was a good thing that the corridor was empty and there were no other rooms on the floor except hers and Jiyongs’. Of course, she did not know that, she doesn’t need to know.kekeke Jiyong opened the door to her room and placed her on the bed.
 
“Wahhh!!!! I love the bed! Can I keep it?”
 
She snuggled the pillow and rolled over like a child.Jiyong smiled. She was like a kid, carefree. He sat on the bed as he watched her play on the bed. She sat down and met his gaze. She tilted her head to the side and pout. Her brows met again.
 
“Have you ever been inlove ,Jiyong?” He was taken aback by her question.
 
“ I don’t know.” He answered truthfully.
 
“ I thought so.”
 
“You?” He didn’t know why he asked back,he just felt like asking her.
 
“Maybe? I don’t know, too. I’ve never been inlove before so I don’t know but I know it’s a wonderful feeling. I’ve seen it.”
 
“You’ve seen it?” She nodded.” Deh. My omma and appa are very much in love and even when omma died, I can see my appa still loves her. Whenever he talks about her,his eyes twinkle like stars. I wish I could meet a man like him. I wish I could find a man and see his eyes twinkle when he looks at me.”

Jiyong didn’t know what to say, for the past days that he has seen Dara, he never saw her like this vulnerable that it made her want to protect her. He watched her as she settled on the bed. She was lying on the bed facing the ceiling.

“Jiyong?” She called.

“ Deh.” He answered and sat on the side.

She looked at him, “Thank you for protecting me and my brother. You are an annoying jerk but you’re always there to protect me and save me when my life is in danger. “

“It’s my job.”

“I know that already, pabo.”

“Sleep. You need to rest.” Jiyong was about to stand up when Dara held his wrist. It made him look at her.

“Stay. Please stay with me.”

Jiyong was taken aback by this. But for some reason he obliged. Dara scooted and let Jiyong lie beside her. They were now facing each other.

“Your eyes are brown. They’re beautiful. I feel like I can see through you at this distance.”

She smiled while telling him these things. She touched the tip of his nose and giggled.

“You’re cute when we’re this close, I like you when you’re quiet because you’re not annoying.”

“Just sleep. Close your eyes and sleep and stop mumbling nonsense.”

She giggled and closed her eyes.

“Jiyong…” She said still with her eyes closed.

“hmmm?” he responded while looking at her.

“ I think I like you.” Then she smiled and her breathing became even while Jiyong remained staring at her sleeping figure and didn’t know what to do.

He blinked a couple of times before a smile crept on his face. He held his cheeks and hugged her closer. He then kissed her forehead before embracing her again making the sleeping Dara smile and snuggled close to him.

The things that you do to me are making me feel strange things, Dara. Jiyong thought before driving to dream land.