I am Me When I am With You

Meant To Protect You
 
Dara heard a gentle knock on her door that made her stop staring at herself in the mirror. “Come in.” She said with her eyes back at looking at the image of the woman in front of her.
She looked different. As she studied her reflection in the mirror, she knew something was off. Was it the dress? No, it fits her and its royal blue color emphasized her porcelain skin. It hugged her body and put everything in place. Was it the shoes? It couldn’t possibly be. It was comfortable even if it was her first time wearing it. Is it the hair and the make up? Absolutely not, her makeup was light but she was beautiful and her hair was tied in a high and clean pony tail which emphasized her facial features down to her neck. She looked breath-taking.
“ If I were you, I would definitely check out myself and drool at myself. You look gorgeous,noona.” It was Sanghyun. He was wearing his suit and his hair was well-kept. His legs looked longer with the black slacks that he was wearing.
Dara smiled seeing his brother looking good. He was no longer a boy. He was a man.
She smiled at him and faced him. “You’re not so bad yourself, Sanghyun-ah. Aigoo. You’ll steal the hearts of all the daughters of those politicians tonight.” He chuckled.
“ And you will be eyed by those bachelors,noona. Aisht! Just imagining it makes me want to cover you up. “ She laughed .Her brother is just so protective over her. “Don’t laugh at me. If someone harasses you or if you want me to save you from a stupid conversation, just give me a signal. I’ll be more than happy to drag you out,” He said.
“Arasso. I will. Are you ready? We have to go. I don’t want us to be late.” “The hyungs are already waiting downstairs,noona.” She nodded in response and came down.
Tonight they will be attending the Annual Ball. Even with the emperor being abducted; the Ball shall not be moved or forgotten. It was a tradition for all the politicians, businessmen, and all the members of the upper class society to attend the gathering. She and Sanghyun are used to it but this is the first time that they had to attend without their father, and hopefully, it will be the last.
When Bigbang saw Dara, she received praises which made her blush. But she never heard anything from Jiyong. He was just standing gorgeously at one corner with his hands in his pockets. He was looking at her and she couldn’t tell what he was thinking.
“ Let’s go” Jiyong uttered with full authority and went straight outside.
They all followed his order.
“Youngbae and daesung, you will be on the first car. Seungri and Top hyung, take the ride with Sanghyun on the 2nd car. I will be with Dara on the third.” Jiyong commanded.
Everyone agreed and went on. Another body guard opened the door for Dara and Jiyong. The whole ride was silent. Dara was looking outside the windows enjoying the lights of Seoul.
“You look beautiful tonight.” Jiyong said with his eyes fixed on the other side of the window.
Dara turned her head and looked at him,” I’m sorry. Did you say something to me?”
Jiyong met her gaze. “I said you look beautiful tonight.” He repeated without hesitation. Dara blushed and blinked twice. She didn’t know whether to believe or not because he looked like a robot when he said it.
“Oh..uh..thanks. I guess.” She said and started to look through the window.
She heard him chuckle. “ You look so cute when your shocked.”
“ You are so random. Sometimes you’re a robot and sometimes you’re a jerk that annoys the hell out of me. Seriously, what are you? Do you have multiple personalities?”
“ I’m from the alliance, of course I do. In fact I have millions of personalities. But I am me when I am with you.”
That made her look at him again and he just smirked at her.
“What?” He asked still with that gorgeous smirk.
“ You’re weird.”
“You’re weirder.”
“Jerk.”
“Masochist.”
“I am not!”
“Yes you are.”
“Ugh! You’re so annoying.”
“And you’re cute when you’re annoyed. “
“What are you saying?! Ugh! I hate you!”
“I don’t. In fact, I think I like you.”
That made her gasp. “You—you like me? Are you freaking serious?!”
He chuckled and patted her head. “You are so gullible.”
“Yah!” She slapped his hand which made him more amazed. She can really be cute whenever she pissed and he likes it.
“Here, wear this. I think this suits you.” He then put a necklace on her with a butterfly pendant. She blushed noticing how close they were.
“ Uh..Thanks.” He just smiled and stared at the road again.
xxxxxxxx
It has been an hour since Dara and Sanghyun,together with Bigban,g arrived at the ball. Jiyong was not by her side but he kept following her through his eyes. He’s seen how she reacts whenever someone new is trying to talk to her. He has memorized her expressions. She hugs herself when she feels awkward; She smiles shyly whenever she receives praises; her brows meet if she’s annoyed over a certain topic. How Jiyong found out about the conversations she’s into? Simple, he attached a mini microphone and a tracker on the butterfly necklace. He was also very attentive with all of her actions but he can’t remember how many times he cursed when some random man tried to flirt with her.Just like now, Dara is having a conversation with Jang Wooyoung, one of the youngest businessmen at the party. He currently inherited his father’s business. He was clearly lured by Dara’s beauty. Almost all of the men were eyeing her and it made Jiyong want to poke all their eyes. He grabbed another glass of wine and drank its contents in one go. He forcefully put it down and grabbed another glass.
“What’s happening with you?” Youngbae asked. “You looked pissed as hell.”
“I’m starting to loswe my patience,Bae. They are all ogling at her.”
Youngbae just chuckled. “Who wouldn’t? She’s the empress plus she looked **bleep** fine tonight. Everybody’s out to catch the butterfly.”
Jiyong glared at him. “Don’t talk to her like that.”
“Whoah! Chill, bro. You look like you’re gonna kill someone now. Are you already falling for her? “Shut up and secure the area. Make sure it safe for Caterpillar and Butterfly.”
(Author’s note: Catterpillar is an allias for Sanhyun and butterfly is for Dara)
Youngbae laughed and tapped Jiyong’s shoulder before he went on. Jiyong just rolled his eyes and observed the people in the area. When he saw Dara talking to some of her friends, he went outside to check the area as well. He was nearing the Entrance when he save men wearing black suits with white cloth at the left side of their shoulders, It was the Ghost Clan.
“!” He ran insidie and talked to the boys through the communicator attached to their ears.
“ The Ghost Clan is her! Seungri, Top hyung, secure Caterpillar and bring him to the Cave!”
“Copy” Top responded.
“Got it, hyung.” Seungri said.
Jiyong was running as fast as he can to get back to where Dara was.
“Bae,keep an eye on butterfly!I’m on my way back!”
“She----“ but before Youngbae could finish, gun shots were heard inside the ball room.
“ Daesung,Youngbae! Contact our men and ask for backup! We’re surrounderd!” He heard his mean respond. He then ran faster and took his gun which was hidden on his right side. When he arrived at the room, it was in chaos. Gun shots were heard and men were fighting. It was a good thing some of the men from the Ball were also members of the alliance.
“Dara! Dara!” he shouted.”
“aaaahhhh!!!!!” The voice that he heard made him turn. He cannot be mistaken. It was her because she knew how her voice sounds like. He hears it even in his dreams.
“Dara!” He ran to where the tracker is pointing her location. He was able to reach the man grabbing Dara by her arm. Someone shot at his direction. He was hit by the shoulder but he was able to shoot back and killed the guy.
“Jiyong!” Dara shouted. Jiyong released shots and killed the three men from the ghost clan including the one dragging Dara. Then, he ran toward her direction.
“ Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?” He worriedly asked.
“No, but Jiyong, you’re shot.” He did not respond and hugged her tight instead.
“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for taking my eyes off you. I shouldn’t have done that.”
For some reason, Dara felt strange hearing him say it. It was real. She felt that he meant every word. But before she could ask, he dragged him and ran with her.
“We have to go. The Ghost Clan is attacking us. Sanghyun is safe. We have to get you out of here.” He told her.
“Butterfly is safe. I’m on my way to the cave.”
He said on his communicator and ran with her. Dara felt nervous hearing Jiyong’s words. It’s now starting. The battle is starting. Her battle beings here.

xxxxxxxx

so Uh..sorry about this chapter. I did not have the time to do proof reading. Take care y'all