Forget-Me-Not

Meant To Protect You

 

 

“Noona, are you sure of what you are doing? We are dealing with the Black Alliance.” Sanghyun asked her sister with worried eyes.  They are currently inside the limousine and are on their way to meet the head master of the Black alliance.

 

Dara, who was still staring at the streets of Seoul, answered Sanghyun. “We have no other choice. I want appa alive and I want peace with this country.” Afraid that he might notice her fear, she chose not to meet his eyes.

 

“Noona, Mianhe. If only I was old enough, I would’ve been the one taking care of all this. I’m sorry.”

 

Hearing this from her brother, she looked at her with love and spoke, “It’s no one’s fault, Sanghyun-ah. Everything is bound to happen and we can never stop the future from what it might bring. Don’t blame yourself with any with this. Just promise me one thing.”

 

“What is it, noona?”

 

“Stay safe always and stay alive.”

 

Sanghyun’s heart beat so fast. His sister’s voice made him nervous and worried not just for him but for their family.  “Noona, don’t speak as if you’re leaving me.”

 

Dara smiled at him and patted his head. “Aigoo, my dongsaeng is growing too fast. You are growing as handsome as appa. I’m sure girls will flock on you. Do noona a favor and just love me. Only me.”

 

Sanghyun knows that she was just making him feel better but it made him worry more. If there’s one thing he wants, it’s their family’s safety. He will not be able to bear with it if something happens to her noona while his father is abducted.

 

The limousine stopped at a famous restaurant. Immediately, their guards secured the placed and made sure that the media men had enough distance from the two royalties. Sanghyun held Dara’s hand as they went out the car. Questions were thrown to them but both of them chose to stay quiet.

 

As soon as they were seated, they greeted the person already waiting on their reserved table. Introductions were made among them three. They had their dinner first and went down to business after.

 

“I know that you now have an idea why I asked to see you tonight, Mr. Yang. I truly apologize for my rudeness that I demanded to see you immediately. As you know this is of great importance to the country and most especially to us.” Dara started.

 

“You have your mother’s eyes.” YG said.

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“ Both of you have your mother’s eyes . I’m sure your father had a hard time moving on seeing 2 replicas of his wife. Heck, he may not have been able to move on yet.” YG snickered.

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Yang but I am not here to talk about----“

 

“ Your mind works like your father’s, empress. I know why we are here and if ever you haven’t taken the initiative to approach me first, I would’ve offered my help personally to you. You father has been a great leader. He is also a good friend and I will do my best to get him back on your side breathing.”

 

“Thank you, Mr. Yang. Thank you for doing this.” Sanghyun was more than relieved hearing it from the head master himself.

“ I take it that you are giving me the full permission to take charge with this mission. Am I right?”

 

Dara nodded in agreement.

 

“Very well, I will do everything that I can and will tell you what you need to know but not everything that you want to know. Also I expect both of your cooperation as I only want what’s best for this. I have asked all the members of the alliance to be ready as always. You know how we live. We are invisible to the ordinary citizens. All of us have normal jobs for cover but I cannot assure your safety still so I have appointed the best of my pact to guard you two. They will be with you 24/7. If you are with them, I will be at ease and I will be sure that while we are planning on a plot to rescue your father, you will be safe from where you are. You can trust them. They are the best men that I have.”  

 

“If they are the best why don’t you send them to rescue our father then” Sanghyun asked.

 

“Your father is a good friend to me and you are the only people left that are important to him so I’d like to keep his gems personally safe so when he returns he will be more than happy to see you. Trust me, your father would want the same thing for you. And please call me uncle and let’s be informal too each other.”

 

Somehow , the words of YG calmed Dara down and felt that he was family so she nodded in agreement.

 

“Alright. Thank you for doing this favor for us. WE will be hearing from you and we will be expecting updates from you. Is there anything else you might want to discuss with us?” Dara asked.

 

“ Yes, there is. I would like you to meet the men that I was talking about.” Then, 5 men appeared and stood behind YG.

 

“ Dara-ah, Sanghyun-ah. This is Bigbang. Boys, introduce yourself to them.

 

“ Deh.” They chorused.

 

“ Annyeong! Lee Seungri imnida! I am the maknae of the group.” The panda-like man said. Dara tilted her head on the side and blinked twice. He was so cute.

 

“ Annyeong haseyo, empress! Kang Daesung imnida.” The man then smiled and Dara swore his eyes disappeared when he did.

“ Hello, Dong Youngbae imnida.” The man with the Mohawk hairstyle said. He has a cute smile. Dara thought.

 

“ Annyeong haseyo, Choi Seunghyun iminda, right-hand man of the leader. You can call me Top.” The mand with scary eyes said.

 

“ Annyeong Haseyo. I’m the leader, Kwon Jiyong.” Dara met Jiyong’s eyes and felt like it was drowning her. She flinched when Sanghyun nudged her side. She swore she saw this Jiyong guy smirk. How irritating. She contemplated.

 

YG then gave orders to the five men and told Dara that these men will be living with them to make sure that they will be safe.

After that, they headed back to their mansion.

 

xxxxxxxx

Dara and Sanghyun welcomed the men in the mansion and asked their maids to guide them where to stay in the meantime. Each of them had their rooms in the mansion Dara also gave them the permission to roam around the house to check with it. 

 

Xxxxxxxx

 

Dara was outside her balcony currently staring at the abundant sky. Stars were shining brightly and she can feel the wind kissing her skin. She hugged herself as she felt the cold wind. She was wearing a sleeping dress with a robe but chose not to tie it close.  She flinched when she felt that someone was already standing behind her. But when he turned around and saw who it was, she somehow calmed down.

 

Jiyong and Dara are now staring at each other’s eyes. His room was beside hers so it was easy for him to jump from his balcony to his. He had his back rest on the wall.   

 

“What are you doing up this late? You should be asleep.” He asked.

 

She then turned her back from him and stared at the heavens again.

 

“ I can’t. Especially now that I knew it’s easy for others to get inside my room. “

 

Feisty. He said to himself. He chuckled at this.

 

“ What’s funny?” She asked now staring at his face. It was just now that she realized how good-looking this man was.

“ You should get use to this. You are a special mission given to me.”

“ What do you mean?”

 

“ I was tasked to follow you around.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“ Yup. Now sleep so I could sleep ,too.”

 

“ Arasso.”

 

But before she could walk past him, his hand held her wrist. His actions made her look to his deep brown eyes; those eyes that seems so familiar to her.

 

“Here. I brought you this.” He then handed him his gift.

 

She took it but before she could ask questions, he was gone and his room’s windows were closed. A smile them crept her lips. Forget-me-not flowers are one of her favorites. She then went inside his room with hope filling her heart.

 

xxxxxxxx

 

I just want to share this myth about the foget-me-not flower: 

 

A knight was said to be choosing some flowers for his sweetheart, who was walking with him, when he fell into the river, due to the weight of his armor; the knight is said to have thrown the blue flowers to his sweetheart on the river bank crying, "Forget-Me-Not".

enjoy reading ! Thank you so much for subscribing!
shout out to the first subscriber of this story corea18! :) also to aacbaby for giving the first comment and for subscribing. to  angeltam7, GD_KYJ, shellanbb9 and sarmika