Chapter 5

Apple Cheeks and Coffee Drinks

Luhan woke up before Minseok and quietly panicked.  Oh god, he knew that last night he didn’t care about the repercussions, but waking up was a whole different story.  It was like realizing you did something perfect and amazing and probably the best decision ever made, but then he was so excited about it that he no longer knows what to do.  Thinking without his brain or heart, he moved away from the Minseok slow enough so the older wouldn’t notice the movement.  He looked at his crush and was tempted to get back into bed, but he couldn’t imagine handling what would come.

Would they be awkward to each other and potentially ruin the relationship or would he wake up to find Minseok smiling at him?  Luhan couldn’t handle the situation, he couldn’t handle the possibilities.  Luhan was still dressed in his work clothes, although only wearing his pants and undershirt.  He grabbed his excess clothing and bag before sighing and leaving his greatest and worst memory in Minseok’s apartment.

Oh, he hated the feeling when he left.  Luhan wanted to go back and cuddle Minseok.  Take everything in.  The way Minseok smelled, or slept.  Everything.  He held his head in his hands, regretting so much, but having no courage to go back.

And so, he walked to his apartment and lay down in bed.  He didn’t sleep.

Instead, he waited until it was late enough in the morning to call Sehun.

“Hello?”  A groggy voice spoke.

“Come over.”

“What?”

“Come over.”

“Okay?  I’ll be over soon.”

~

“I know what you were doing last night,” Luhan started with as he opened the door for Sehun to come in.

“What are you talking about?”  Sehun responded, his voice dripping with lies.

“Don’t lie,” Luhan spat.

“Okay, I did try to put you and Minseok closer together, but it worked!  You saw how clingy and cute he was with you last night!”

Luhan shuddered at the thought.  “That doesn’t matter.”

“Yes it does,” Sehun began.  Though it was annoying him how stubborn the two were being, he knew that he couldn’t just flat out tell one that the other like him.  “I swear, if you just kiss Minseok he’ll be the happiest guy!”

“No.  I’m quitting my job,” Luhan put out.  It was an instant decision, he didn’t know how he’d face Minseok.

Sehun scoffed, “No, you’re not.”

“Yes I am.”

“No, you’re not.”

Luhan sighed, “Okay, I’m not.  I just . . . made a giant mistake.”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, “What did you do?”

The older boy sat on his couch while letting out an exasperated sigh, “I lost it.  I cracked so bad.”  Luhan couldn’t bring himself to think about what he did, and talking about it was just horrible.

Sehun gasped, “You told him you liked him?”

Luhan looked up at him, “What?  No!”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, “Then what did you do?”

Luhan sighed.  “Okay, so, I’ve told you about all the times Minseok took care of me, right?”

Sehun nodded.

“Last night, I got the chance to take care of him, but I didn’t.  Aka, he was terrified int he theatres, but I still had us stay and watchit all instead of leave.  So later, when I realized what I did, I tried to make it up to him.  I overreacted . . . a lot.  He was scared from the movie so I pestered him about him being okay.  He insisted he was, but I demanded that I slept over so I could make sure he didn’t have a nightmare.”

Sehun winked at him, “Yeah, ‘sleep over.’”

“Sehun!”  Luhan reached over and hit the back of Sehun’s head.  “Not like that!”

Sehun groaned, holding the back of his head, “Fine, what happened?”

“Okay, so I woke up really late to him having a nightmare, so I woke him up.  But I kinda freaked out and kept saying sorry and I hugged him really tight.  I don’t think I was thinking straight.  All that was running through my head was how he has always cared for me and done things for me, but I haven’t done anything!  So I cracked and looked like a wimp and . . . ugh, I’m so dumb!”

Sehun moved closer to his friend and patted his back, “Lulu, it’ll be fine.  I’m sure Minseok knows that you were just caring for him.”

Luhan shook his head, “That’s not all.”

Sehun stopped rubbing Luhan’s back, but didn’t move his hand.  “What did you do?”

“I asked him how I could fix what I’ve done, and he said sleep with me.  Not ually though!”  Luhan put his hand in his head, “And when I woke up in the morning before him, I left before saying goodbye.”

“So?”

Luhan looked at his friend, “’So?’  What do you mean ‘so?’”

“Well, you left after sleeping over at his house.  Just say you had to leave for errands you needed to run.”

“I’m not lying Minseok.  I freak out, I just left without thinking!  He is probably sad or happy or maybe he never wants to see me again!”

“Come one, Lulu,” Sehun began, “Think of the bright side.  Minseok asked you to sleep with him, right?”

“Yeah . . .”

“So, that means he must like you.”

“No it doesn’t.  He was probably just scared and didn’t want to be alone,” Luhan countered.  “I’m a horrible friend.”

Sehun sighed.  Arguing with Luhan was pointless.  When his friend became sad, no one could change him mind and make him feel better.

“Lulu, I’m going to make you something to eat, okay?  Just stay here.”

Luhan weakly nodded and Sehun stood up to leave.  Once in Luhan’s kitchen, he pulled out his phone and called Jongdae.

“Hello?”

“Did Minseok tell you what happened with Luhan and him?”

“Yeah, Minseok’s actually really sad and I rarely ever see him sad.  I think he thought that after Luhan slept with him they would just be together.”

Sehun sighed, ‘Luhan’s beating himself up on the inside.  He just keeps saying everything is his fault.  He says that Minseok is sad because Luhan isn’t a good friend.  Also, when I tried to point out that Minseok might have wanted to sleep with him because Minseok liked him, he denied it.  I swear, it to see him like this.”

“Well, I think we have to kick up our plan then.  Get them to admit their feelings,” Jongdae said.

“Yeah, you’re right.  We should meet up to talk more.”

“Okay, let’s get coffee tomorrow?”  It was obvious that Jongdae meant one of the coffee shops he owned.

“Mhm, bye, Jongdae.”

“Bye.”

~

On Sunday, the two got together and discussed ways to have to two talk it over that would result in them being friends and if all went well, possibly more than friends.  Yet, the two were stumped.  They couldn’t think of anything.  It was as if their brains were dead.

“It’s been an hour,” Sehun groaned as he looked at his phone’s clock.  “But this coffee sure is great.”

“Why can’t we think of anything?”  Jongdae whined back, “And stop trying to up to me.”

“I don’t know,” Sehun shook his head and stood up, ignoring Jongdae’s comment on up, “But I need to get back to Lulu before he does something crazy.”

“Wait, Luhan is that sad?”

Sehun gave Jongdae a confused look before realizing what the older meant, “No, not that.  Luhan just tends to do really dumb things when he’s sad.  A while back he was really sad about a family member passing and ended up buying a horse because he aid it resembled the guy that died.”

“He knows how to ride horses?”

“No.”

~

The next day, Luhan didn’t go to the garage 20 minutes before work started so he could carpool with him.  Instead, he left 25 minutes before work in his own car.  The night before, Luhan texted Jongdae and asked him to tell Minseok that he would be driving himself.

Luckily, his boss didn’t show any anger to him and agreed to tell his best friend.

When Luhan got to work, he grabbed everything he needed and started to work on their campaign in the conference room.  A few people were already there, but no one from his unit had arrived.

Luhan secluded himself away from everyone and as far away as he could get from where he knew Minseok would be working.  He began his job, hoping that the day would go by fast and he would be able to leave without having to talk to his boss.

~

“I have an idea, Jongdae!”  Sehun practically screeched over the phone.  It had been four days since they met up at that coffee shop to come up with ideas.

Jongdae pulled the phone away from his ear before cautiously bringing it back.  “What is it?”  he asked.

“Meet me at the coffee shop and I’ll tell you,” Sehun explained.

“You know, I do have a job?”  Jongdae countered.

“Oh, shut up,” Sehun retorted

“Okay, okay, I’ll see you in 10,” The older boy finished before handing up.

~

It was now Friday and Luhan was still driving himself to work, still avoiding Minseok, and still hoping that his boss was doing the same.  He hadn’t even been bringing the guy his coffee.  Okay, that was a lie.  He would come to work early and prepare it and then leave it on his boss’s desk before he arrived.

When the clock struck twelve o’clock and signified his lunch break, Luhan tried to pack up as fast as he could to leave the office and go grab lunch.  But, of course, things just wouldn’t go his way.

“Luhannie, can I speak with you?”  Luhan heard from behind him.  Not only did the voice give him away, but so did the nickname.

His heart thumped rapidly for two reasons.  One, Minseok wanted to talk to him.  Two, Minseok still called him by the loving nickname that made him smile.

“O-okay,’ he stammered out before standing up and following his boss to his office.  Yet, they didn’t go to Minseok’s office.  Instead, they walked to the elevator and got inside.  Luhan didn’t speak; he just watched every movement Minseok made.

Minseok pressed to ‘top floor’ button and waited for the doors to close.  When they arrived at the top floor, Minseok exited first and walked to the staircase.  He climbed the stairs and opened a door that led to the roof.

Luhan gulped.  He hated heights.  No, hated wasn’t right.  He was terrified of heights.  Yet, something pushed him towards the roof and he couldn’t help, but follow Minseok.

~

“Okay, so you have everything, right?”  Sehun asked over the phone.  It was currently Jongdae’s lunch hour and he was making sure everything was ready for when Luhan and Minseok finished work that day.

“Yeah, I do.  Now, if you don’t mind I’d like to eat,” Jongdae snapped.

“Wow, okay, I’m sorry.  I didn’t know that eating lunch was more important than our best friends’ happiness!”

“Oh shush.  If you were in the same position you’d want to eat right now too!  And don’t you have work to be at.  Seriously, I’ve never heard anything about you having a job!  What do you do, anyways?”

“Huh, please,” Sehun scoffed.

Jongdae let out a small groan, “Whatever, Sehun, bye, I’ll see you later.”

“Bye!”  Sehun replied, much cheerier than he had been seconds ago.

~

“Why have you been avoiding me?”  Minseok pestered as Luhan took a look around the vast area.

There was a small fence around the outer part, but that didn’t help Luhan’s fears at all.

“Answer me!”  Minseok demanded as he stepped closer to the terrified man.  “Why are you being like this?  Why did you leave that morning?  Why didn’t you talk to me?  Why did you put me through all this pain?  Can’t you just give me an answer instead of being so goddamn vague.”  The older through his hands up in the air.  

He felt stupid, really stupid.  One reason that caused a rush of stupidity in Minseok was because he brought his crush up to a roof to yell at him.  It was so cliche and just stupid.  Why couldn’t he have just asked to talk to Luhan and not bring him to the roof?  Why did he have to yell all his questions instead of simply asking them?  Minseok may have felt stupid, but he was also sad and angry and so tired of Luhan ing ignoring him.  People can’t just do that!  He knew h must look furious in this moment.

If Luhan was scared before, he was even more scared.  God, he never knew that Minseok could be so monstrous.

The older took a few more steps towards Luhan, but when he noticed a very new emotion in Luhan’s eyes, he stopped.

Was it his yelling?

Minseok immediately recovered his sweet personality at put his hands on Luhan’s arms to comfort him.  “Are you okay?”

Though Luhan was scared of the Minseok that had just been showed to him, his fear of heights greatly out-weighed.  The younger pushed out a word he hoped would be enough.  He felt so nauseated, realizing that if his mouth stayed opened for very long, he’d vomit.  “H-heights . . .”

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows.  It wasn’t enough.

“Scared . . . of h-heights.”

The smaller boy gave a quick face of understanding and realization before he grabbed Luhan and pulled him back into the building.  Now, he felt even worse for going to the roof than before.  The panicked boy was rapidly breathing, though he was trying to calm himself.  When his breathing was almost steady, Minseok pulled him into a hug.  It seemed that not being able to see how high he was was able to calm Luhan down enough.

“I’m so sorry, I wish I knew,” Minseok mumbled into Luhan’s shoulder.

The boy hugged him back.  “It’s okay.  I’m the one who should be sorry.”

Minseok pulled back just enough to see the pain and water forming in Luhan’s eyes.  Immediately, Minseok hugged him again, even tighter than before.

“I don’t care, it’s okay,” He responded, his eyes watering just like Luhan’s.

The two boys had no idea why they were crying.  Maybe it was because Luhan was safe.  Or that they were finally talking again.  Or maybe it was because of everything that had built up over the weeks they’ve known each other.  Everything that built up and finally crashed like a large wave, hopefully they would end smooth just the same waves did, kissing the sand before leaving.

Rapidly, Luhan pulled away, “No, it’s not okay.  What were you asking me on the roof?  I’ll answer.”

Minseok gave him a look of bewilderment before he pulled away too.  Minseok nodded and looked at the ground.  “Why . . . have you been avoiding me?  Why are you being like this?  Why did you leave that morning?  Why didn’t you talk to me?  Why did you put me through all this pain?  Can’t you just give me and just answer instead of being so goddamn vague.”  Minseok repeated, the emotion from his voice was now sullen and melancholy instead of filled with anger.  However, both times these questions were asked wee in search for answers.

Luhan gasped and looked at the ground to.  Suddenly, he pulled Minseok into another hug.  “I’m sorry.”  He didn’t know how to respond to these questions.  It may have been a lot of time since he left Minseok that morning, but no part of him wanted to think about the experience again.

Minseok forcefully pulled away from the rather perfect hug, “I don’t want sorry, I want answers!  I know you’re sorry.”

The younger’s eyes watered again, but he blinked them back.  ‘“Okay.”  Luhan looked down at his feet and then his hands, fiddling with his fingers.  It was now or never.  He was just going to tell Minseok all of his real emotions.  “I’m avoiding because I’m scared and nervous and even though I’m great at confrontation, you make me so weak.”  He sighed and ran his right hand through his messy hair.  “I left that morning out of impulse.  I didn’t know what to do.  That in the morning I just went crazy and all I could think about doing was leaving, I was scared of you being angry in the morning and I know it was stupid and that I should have just accepted the fact that I slept and cuddled with you.  I didn’t talk to you about it because I knew you’d either be sad or angry.  I didn’t want to see you like that.  God, you probably felt worse than you would have realizing  was gone than you would have if I was still there.  I’m sorry I put you through this and I don’t want to give you excuses because that’s a coward’s way out.  Anyways, I guess I’ve been really vague to you because I know that if I give detailed answers, my feelings to you will be obvious.”  From then, Luhan began rambling.

“I don’t want you to see the too-bright smile on my face when you drink the coffee I made.  I don’t want you to see me peeking at you through the clear glass of our offices.  I don’t want you to see any of it because then you’d know that I’m head-over heals for you and also totally whipped.  I don’t want you to know that because why would a guy like you, like a guy like me?”  Luhan sighed.  He ran his hands through his hair once more.  He just confessed, he just ing confessed and it was now or never.  There was no cute flirting before one of them kissed the other or a moment where they sa in silence and one of them just finally said it.  No.  It came with tension and with too many emotions and Luhan knew it wasn’t ideal, but in reality, if this is what had to happen for him to finally say it, then it is a must.  His only regret is making upsetting Minseok.

Minseok stared at him.  He couldn’t say anything important, so he stumbled out the only thing he could think of, “Luhannie, you were rambling.”

Luhan’s face showed confusion until a small smile replaced it and the younger was soon laughing.   It was funny, Minseok always rambled and Luhan always told him.  While the taller boy continued his laughing fit, Minseok hugged him tightly and pushed into Luhan’s vibrating chest, smiling just the same.

It was nice.

It was the moment after a storm when everything began to settle and the clouds may not be gone, but everyone knows there will still be a rainbow.  And the dogs stops worrying about the lightning and people put away their umbrellas, allowing others to see their face.  It may still be cold and it may rain again, but in this moment everything is perfect and that it all that matters.

Once everything had calmed down, the two began to talk with all pressure being gone.  They discussed what they should do about that night and they discussed what they should do with . . . well . . . themselves.

“I don’t want to be gone from your life,” Luhan spoke.

Minseok smiled and grabbed Luhan’s hands, “And I don’t want you gone from mine.  You’re amazing, everything you do is amazing.  You make me smile and want to dance.  Your smile is somehow the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen and I don’t even understand that, but I’ve kind of just accepted it.  Then, when you laugh and you make that weird face, god I thought that was so weird at first, but now, if I never see it again I’ll cry for eternities.  I love how excited you got over your little project and every time I see you talking to Sehun I want to pull you away because you’re mine and no one else can—”

Suddenly, Minseok was shut up by a pair of lips on his.  It was sloppy, but both of the boys felt like it fit well with the situation.  There was’t any tongue and the kiss became neater even though their emotions increased.  When Luhan finally pulled away, he couldn’t help, but smile, “Minseok, you were rambling.”

“Oh, boo, that’s so cheesy,” Minseok complained, though his cheeks were bright red and he had an urge to run away from embarrassment.

“But you loved it,” Luhan replied, making it sound slightly like a question rather than a statement.

The older smiled in confirmation, “I did.”  He then leaned in a pecked Luhan’s lips, making both of them smile.

~

After a short talk and finally decided that yes, they were indeed dating, the two went out to lunch.

“We only have 20 minutes until we have to be back, Minseok,” Luhan complained as he got into his new boyfriend’s car.  He thought about how they wouldn’t drive home together because he brought his own car and that upset him, but he then put it behind himself because he was with Minseok now and nothing really mattered.  In this moment, he was happy, just happy and content.

The older smiled at him, “Yeah, but I’m the boss, so it’s okay.”

Luhan smiled back, “Does that me I can—”

“No.”

Luhan pouted and crossed his arms.  Minseok raised and eyebrow before laughing at him and driving out of the parking lot.

~

“Everything ready?”

“Yes, Sehun, oh my god, you need to calm down,” Jongdae groaned.

“I’m sorry, but everything needs to be perfect.  Make sure it happens, you have 10 minutes,” The younger responded through his phone.

“This is the fourth time you’ve called me.  Seriously, what is your occupation?”

“I’m a stripper.”

“A what?”  Jongdae screeched through the phone, surprised by how casual Sehun sounded.

A laugh was then heard on Sehun line.  “Oh my god, I can’t believe you fell for that!”

“Sehun, that isn’t funny,” Jongdae mumbled.

“Oh, you know it is, Jongdae,” Sehun said in between laugh.

The older groaned, “Fine, it might be a little funny.”

Sehun laughed again, “Knew it.  I’ll see you in a few minutes, make sure everything goes okay.”

“I will,” Jongdae groaned, “Bye.”

~

“Hey Minseok, I’m busy after work so I won’t need a ride home,” Jongdae explained as he waltzed into his business partner’s office.

Minseok looked up from the papers he was working on, “What?  Oh, that’s fine; I actually made plans after work.”  With the goofy grin placed on the elder’s face, Jongdae knew something was up.

Jongdae looked at him in bewilderment, “You did?”  This wasn’t going to go well for his and Sehun’s plan.

“Yeah, it’s actually with—”

“Hello lovelies!”  Sehun smiled as he walked into Minseok’s office.

Minseok stared at him, “You know, it really that Jongdae is co-owner and you don’t work here because you two are the only ones who never knock.”

“Oh and Luhan knocks?”  Sehun raised an eyebrow, obviously testing the waters.  It was all part of the plan and Jongdae silently prayed it would go well.

The goofy smile came back, “Yes, he does.  Even if he didn’t I wouldn’t be angry him though.”

Sehun and Jongdae shared a glance before shrugging it off.  They couldn’t get off track, this was incredibly important and if one of them screwed it up, all hell would break loose.

“Not fair,” Sehun mumbled as he gave a small pout.

Jongdae laughed when he saw the face that the youngest was making.  “You know,” he said between breaths, “Pouting doesn’t suit you.  You’re not cute enough.”

The taller gasped, “I am too cute enough!”

“No you’re not.  You have a natural ‘-face’ and you’re extremely tall.”

“Maybe you’re just extremely short,” Sehun retorted as he looked down at the—in his head—midget.

Jongdae scoffed, “Sure.  Why don’t we just ask Minseok who’s cuter?”

By now, the two’s personalities have drawn them off track.  And they were trying so hard too!  Yet, neither of them noticed due to the boiling fury in their eyes about who was the cutest.

“Boys, boys,” Minseok smiled as he walked between the two, put a hand on each other their chests, and looked at them.  “Stop trying to impress me, there’s enough to go around.”

Before either boy could protest, a fourth voice spoke up.  “I hope not, Minseok.  I’m pretty sure you’re mine.”

All three looked to the doorway to see a smirking Luhan.  Sehun reacted the fastest.  He gasped and pulled Luhan out of the office and into Jongdae’s next door.

“Lulu, what are you doing?  I swear, Minseok will hate you after that.  No one likes being told they're owned by a guy they're not even in a relationship with.  Especially if their fighting.  You just sounded like a douche!”  The younger ranted as he tried to wrap his brain around what had just happened.

When Luhan responded his voice was fast and loud, something that happened to him when he was incredibly excited, “No, Sehun, Minseok and I are da—”

“Are you kidding me?”  Was suddenly and loudly whined into their ears by Jongdae.

Each boy looked at each other before silently deciding to figure out what was wrong.

“No, I’m serious.  Why aren’t you happy for me?”  Minseok said as he watched an annoyed Jongdae and confused Sehun.

Jongdae looked stunned.  He glanced at Luhan and Sehun.  He didn’t know who to look at.   Finally he saw Sehun’s expression and decided to explain, “Get this, Sehun.  Minseok and Luhan are dating!”  His voice dripped with annoyance.

“They are?”  Sehun questioned.

“Yeah, I’d assume they started this afternoon,” Jongdae replied.  Minseok nodded when Jongdae looked at him.

“So you mean all of our . . .”

“Yup.”

“And our idea is . . .”

“Mhm.”

“And they’re . . .”

“Correct.”

“Then why the did we work so hard if they were going to solve it on their own?”  Sehun screamed in frustration.

“Bingo.”

“What are they doing?”  Minseok asked as he wrapped an arm around Luhan’s waist, bringing them closer together.  The younger’s heart fluttered.  It was just like how the two of them would team up when their friends had gone crazy, except now they were dating and therefore already standing with each other.

“I don’t know,” He responded, confusion on the tip of his tongue.

~

“I still don’t like this,” Sehun pouted as he crossed his arms.

“Are you kidding me?  You spent a week making a plan so Minseok and I would date and just because it didn’t go your way, you’re being a poo?”

“Really?  ‘A poo’ is the best you could think of?”  Minseok asked Luhan.

“Oh shut it,” The younger retorted.

“We just worked so hard, you know?”  Sehun interrupted.

“I did all the work!”  Jongdae commented.

“That doesn’t matter anymore, because they're already together,” Sehun groaned.

“They’re both being poos,’ Minseok mumbled, causing Luhan to burst out laughing.

“What is the couple laughing at?”  Jongdae asked Sehun.

The younger just shrugged before taking a sip of his bright pink drink.

~

That night, Luhan kissed Minseok goodnight at the elevator instead of just saying an awkward goodbye.  The younger lingered slightly before smiling.  He was overcome with happiness.

“I’m glad I’m with you now,” He breathed.  “Even if it was incredibly cheesy and weird.”

“Yeah, you sorta freaked out of me last week,” Minseok laughed.

Luhan leaned away and groaned, “Please don’t bring that up.  I was in a vulnerable state.”

Minseok grinned, “It’s okay.  I ruined the moment just now so I guess we’re even.”

Luhan scoffed before leaning in and kissing Minseok again, “The moment’s never ruined with you.”

Minseok giggled into the kiss and pulled away, “Boo, you’re so cheesy.”

Luhan smiled, “It’s just around you.”

Minseok laughed, “Again!  You’re too cheesy, Luhannie.”

The younger shrugged, “I think you’ll live.”

The smaller boy leaned in and pecked Luhan’s lips, “I think so too.”


A/N: IT'S THE LAST CHAPTER!!

OKAY, so I have a few things to go over.

1. I have an idea for an epilogue that would be SO CUTE so please tell me if you'd want that.

2.  I have 3 story ideas and I'm trying to think of which one to do.  I have Kaisoo, BaekYeol, and SuChen (I love SuChen sooo much, okay???)  Anyways, Kaisoo is kinda angst (they would be in EXO in the story), BaekYeol is simple and cute, and SuChen follows the AU about how someone's world is black and white until they meet their soulmate (they would also be in EXO).  I'm leaning toward BaekYeol (but it's hard to get everything right) or SuChen (but I don't have much written for it).  FEEL FREE TO TELL ME WHICH ONE YOUR HEART ACHES FOR.

3.  Thank you to everyone who commented, subscribed, or upvoted because it made me feel great.  Feel free to keep doing that though because I honestly love this story so much.

4. I'm sorry this took a long time, but I've been really busy and tired this week.  Plus, this part is longer than every other part.

Bye for now!  xx

July 1, 2016: I have gone through and made edits to this chhater, mainly grammar and detail.