Chapter Three

The Eligibility Test
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chaerin loved to see Jiyong when he was working seriously. When he is totally absorbed in his work, nothing fazes him. Not even the longing stares of the women all around him. Chaerin was glad of it. After all, it was the only time she could look at him without any kind of restraint, without trying to hide her emotions from him.

They were sitting at the corner-most table of the first floor of their restaurant. Jiyong was typing away on his laptop. His cup of black coffee that he had ordered two hours ago was still untouched. The sunlight, coming through the glass windows fell on his dark brown hair and gave it an orange tint. His hair fell loosely across his brows and it looked like they were bothering him. But he wasn’t doing anything about it. Chaerin chuckled and ran her hand through his hair, pushing it away from his eyes.

Jiyong then looked up and smiled.

“Thanks.”

Chaerin looked away immediately, hoping he didn’t see her face. The women, who were staring at him before, now looked away. Some of them were staring at her with scrutinizing eyes.

Ouch. You guys must be cursing me right now. But it’s no use really.

Chaerin looked back at Jiyong and as expected, he was back to concentrating on the laptop screen. She sighed.

He doesn’t see me that way.

She wondered how long it will take him to realize how much she loves him. She wondered if he’d ever get to know of it, whether she’d ever be able to get over him if things didn’t work out between them.

Being with Jiyong was like being in a constant struggle. She loved him but he didn’t love her the way she did. She wanted to confess to him but she feared his answer. She feared that he’d leave her; that he’d distance himself from her. She feared that her confession will hurt him terribly. After all, she knew how precious she was to him. And this very knowledge made things so complicated for her. It was tearing her apart.

“Hey,” Chaerin started.

“Hmm?”

 Jiyong didn’t look up.

“Let me go to Hong Kong, will you?”

I need to stay away from you for some time.

“If you go there on your own, I’d be too busy worrying about you and won’t be able to work properly here,” Jiyong smiled at her.

Chaerin felt her chest tighten.

Then why don’t you come along with me?

“I would have gone there myself but I still have to tie some loose ends of this project. Whenever I think that all work is done, something pops up and demands my attention.”

Jiyong leaned back in his chair and ran his fingers through his hair.

“That’s why I’m telling you to let me go,” Chaerin mumbled. “Besides, you can’t just keep me from going out there and experiencing things. That way, I’ll turn into a useless inexperienced owner of this company and I don’t want that.”

Jiyong heaved a long sigh.

“Fine. I’ve decided. Yongbae will be tagging along with you. You two are going to Hong Kong together,” he said.

“Why does Yongbae have to go too?” Chaerin argued back.

“Don’t you worry, princess. I’ll ask him to act like a us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter