Chapter One

The Eligibility Test
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The rays of sunshine crept through the light pink curtains and fell upon Sandara Park’s face, waking her up. She was sleeping soundly with her head resting on her crossed arms. Scrunching up her face, she turned her head in the other direction, where her laptop was. It was still running but the screen was black. She pressed the space bar and the screen came on. She squinted at the screen. Her word processor was still on and at the bottom, the word count showed 35,067.

Sandara smiled. It wasn’t much. But still, it was a progress. She sat back up, stretching her arms and shrugged to get rid of the stiffness on her back.

Sitting on a chair with one’s head resting on a table sure wasn’t a comfortable position to sleep but Sandara Park was used to it. In fact she loved it because it was proof of how hard she worked for her novels.

Some might laugh at her and call her an air-headed hopeless romantic. But she knew that her works were highly appreciated by women worldwide. The thousands of fan mails that she received every year proved it all. She knew that women turned giddy and excited reading her write-ups. She knew her works made her fans happy and knowing that made her happy. She prided herself in being able to make people fall in love with the feeling of love.

She was working on her latest novel the previous night. It was the sequel to her last novel “Will You Catch Me If I Fall?” She had promised her fans that she would release it by the end of this year. However, she hadn’t been able to concentrate properly because of her father who was starting to get on her nerves.

Sandara yawned and stood up. She should better get ready and leave early. There wasn’t much time left. It was Jihyun’s birthday and she still hadn’t bought anything for the girl. Just as she was about to enter the bathroom, her phone started to ring.

“DO NOT LET YOUR DAD SEE TODAY’S NEWSPAPER!”  Bom screamed as soon as Sandara accepted the call.

“Geez, you didn’t have to scream, ya know?” Sandara muttered.

“You don’t get it! Hurry up and hide the paper if you don’t want him to kill you!”

“Uhh, ok. But what is in it?”

Suddenly, it dawned on her.

“That Lee Hiyori wrote something about me again, didn’t she?” she sighed. She could feel a headache coming on.

“Yes! And this time it’s really bad so hurry the hell up!” Bom ordered and cut off the line.

Sandara tensed up.

Bom never cuts off the line.

“!”

She rushed out of her room and went straight to the dining room. The newspaper is always kept on the table so that her father could skim through it right after breakfast. Her father was not there but their housekeeper, Mrs. Wang was picking up shreds of newspaper from the floor and was shaking her head and muttering incoherent stuff.

“!” Sandara ran her fingers through her hair and sat down on the nearest chair. “Mrs. Wang? Where’s dad?” she asked.

“He read the newspaper, spilled tea on the table, shredded the newspaper, littered the floor, increased my work and went out.” Mrs. Wang huffed.

“I’m so sorry, Mrs. Wang.” Sandara apologized and went back to her room. Neither she nor her father had the courage to ever cross Mrs. Wang. But her father did it today.

This is bad. Hiyori, what horrible thing did you do this time?

 

 

Kwon Jiyong entered his office nervously but a smile crept up his face when he saw that Yongbae was inside too, waiting for him. He really needed Yongbae in these kinds of situations where Chaerin acted lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter