Silent Vows

Sticks and Stones

Story: Sticks and Stones, Chapter 9 - Silent Vows
Disclaimer: I don't own Hetalia...but I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT CANADA(Again)!!!! T.T


"America?" England was unable to bring himself to move, as he held the unconscious American in his arms. Japan and a couple other nations looked up at them with alert.

"America-san!" Japan, Canada and Italy immediately ran over.

"Angleterre, what happened?" France wanted to know, as Japan helped lift him into his arms. France held America bridal style, once again gazing over at England, who was still trying to take it in. He just stood there, puzzled, worried, confused, and above all, desperately wanting for his brother to be okay.

"What's wrong? What happened? Is America going to be alright?" Italy wanted to know, facing England.

"Oye, ¿Qué pasa?" Spain asked. "Did something happen to America?"

"Angleterre?" France tried.

"I'm not sure..." the Englishman finally said. "He just...suddenly fainted."

"I see..." said Japan, averting his gaze. "Gomennasai..."

Everyone turned to Japan, noticing his unusually solemn tone.

"Japan...? Is something wrong?" Italy asked.

Japan nodded. "Iie, nan demo nai..."

Italy could tell that it wasn't just 'nothing', as he said, but he reluctantly pushed the matter aside for the time being. He could usually and easily tell when someone was sad, or angry, or happy, but this time was a different case. He knew Japan wasn't happy, but he couldn't decipher whether he was sad with the situation, or frustrated with himself. Maybe...both?

"Hey..." Everyone looked over at Canada, suddenly snapping back to reality.

"Shouldn't we call someone?" he asked, holding Kumajiro closer to his chest.

"Si." Spain nodded, reaching into his pocket to pull out his cellphone. "I know the Emergency number for this area. I'll call an ambulance." (Now, don't worry, America won't be at the hospital for very long, just long enough for him to wake up and eat something, and for them to make sure he's okay. I'm not big fan of hospitals, but I'm way too lazy to give every nation a car, or at least, mention it. Sorry...anyway...)

He then dialed the emergency number, asking for an ambulance. After explaining the details, they said it'd be about ten minutes, and for them to be waiting in the front of the building. He kindly thanked them, before hanging up.

"They said they'll be here in about ten minutes." he explained. "We should wait in the front."

"I see." France nodded.

"Come on, then. Let's go." Japan added, following behind them. England stayed behind for a moment, before forcing himself to catch up to them. By now, they were pretty much the only ones left in the building, on the exception of Greece, who'd just woke up in the back of the world meeting room.

"Huh...?" he opened his eyes, lazily looking around. "It's already over...?"

He slightly shrugged, soon after falling back asleep.

Meanwhile, everyone else made their way to the front. The building was honestly huge, so it took them about six minutes to finally get to the front. Along the way, nobody said a word. The silence was growing unbearable for every one of them. But they could help but wonder, what could they say at this point?

Japan tightly held his wrist. He cursed, feeling ultimately responsible for this, as he could've got America to eat something the night before, but, no, he didn't...Instead, he decided to wait, knowing that he probably hadn't eaten in a long time, and that he would eventually pass out. What kind of sane person does that? He could've said something, couldn't he have?

Italy, sensing the atmosphere, gazed over at England, who was obviously no better off.

"Damn it..." the Brit said, as he clenched his fists.

"England, what's wrong?" green eyes met caramel, as England jumped, startled.

"It's nothing..." he told him. Italy then gave a bright smile.

"America's gonna be alright, you know?" he said. "I know you care about him, and Japan, too, and that's why...he's got to be okay."

"Itary-kun..." Japan looked up at Italy, who returned his gaze.

"...Hm?" Feliciano tilted his head.

"Arigatou." the Asian slightly looked away, considering what his friend had said. Yes, he'd made a mistake, but this was America. Though he could tell that he had been somewhat uneasy around him, he wasn't heartless. He would likely forgive them, but it would still take time to earn back his trust, and that he was willing to go through, no matter how long it took.

"Yes, I, too, have to thank you." England added, earning a small earnest smile from France. Italy was right. He did care about America, and once he'd woke up, he would definitely apologize, and somehow fix the error he'd made, regardless of the time that passed. This, he swore to himself, for not only America, but Alfred as well.

"You don't have to thank me." Italy beamed, before looking back up at the road.

That's when they began to hear sirens off in the distance, until, before they knew it, an Ambulance pulled up. Two females stepped out of the back, rolling out a stroller. France walked over, explaining only some of what had happened. Being a nation, and them being humans meant that not only that they wouldn't understand, but he wasn't permitted to just give out any information. Fortunately, it seemed to be enough for them to work with.

After they'd got America strapped on to the stroller, they asked if someone wanted to come with them. Everyone then looked at England, who willingly volunteered to ride with them to the hospital. The other nations told them they'd follow behind.

England sat in the passengers' seat of the Ambulance, painfully sighing. This was going to be a long evening. He hoped more than anything that America would be able to forgive him, even if it was true that he didn't deserve it.

Well, may time only tell...

~ End of Chapter


A/N: Crappy ending is crappy, sorry. Again, America won't be at the hospital very long, just long enough for him regain consciousness and eat something. So don't worry, my friends. Please review, if you will. Sorry for the cliff-hanger. Grazie for reading. ^^

Oye, ¿Qué pasa? - Hey, what's wrong?

Iie, nan demo nai... - No, it's nothing.