Silent Plea

Sticks and Stones

Story: Sticks and Stones, Chapter 5 - Silent Plea
Disclaimer: I don't own Hetalia...


America sat on his bed, anticipating Japan's arrival. He sighed for the umpteenth time since he'd woke up that day, once again glancing over at his clock.

6:49

He'd long ago given up on being able to watching a movie comfortably, for he just couldn't seem to get focused, and beside of that, it wasn't really the most fulfilling thing to watch a TV show, or movie, by himself. So when Japan came over was actually about the only time he ever watched movies.

He would normally play some video game, but that was the same case with the movies; he couldn't get focused. Not only that, but he couldn't seem to find the energy to want to play games, either.

"Ah ! Why am I getting so exited? And I can't stop shaking, darn it!" He whined after what was at least five minutes of utter silence, practically pulling out his hair, before he looked down at his hands. "Oh, right. I'm always shaking, anymore."

It was true. For about three weeks now, he was constantly trembling, whether it being a lot or just a little. Well, he hadn't eaten anything at all in that time. Canada thought he was eating at least some, but what he didn't know was that even when he did, he just simply forced himself to throw it up later.

In all honesty, he was surprised that he'd held out this long. Any human would've been long dead by now, or at least in the hospital. Then again, he wasn't human. He was a nation. He couldn't die, like a normal human, or could he?

Just as the question popped into his mind, a soft knock caught his ear, snapping him out of his thoughts. He jumped up, running out of the room, as he made his way to the front door.

When America got there, however, Canada had already opened the door, and let Japan in.

"Hey, dude, Japan, you're here!" America ran up to the Asian man, wrapping an arm around him. "I thought you might not come."

"Hai. I'm sorry I'm so late though." Japan apologized.

America backed up grinning. "It's no problem, dude. You're actually not late at all."

"Anyway, I recently bought a movie called 'Dawn of the Dead'. I've heard it's really scary, so dude, we've totally got to watch it." America said, faking his excitement. Truthfully, he didn't really care to watch the movie, but he thought it might take his mind off of things for once.

"Sounds interesting." Japan said, down deep not actually caring one way or the other. He could tell that there was something wrong with America, and it really concerned him, even if it didn't show. Ever since England had made that comment about him, he'd gotten paler and paler every time he saw him. According to what he'd heard, America hadn't been eating much of anything, which would explain why he was so pale and...skinny?

With that thought in mind, He then turned back to Canada. "I'm sorry, but if you don't mind me asking, what is your name again?"

The poor Canadian sighed. "...It's Canada."

"Oh, I see..." Japan smiled softly, before looking away awkwardly. "Sorry, my memory is rather bad."

"...No, it's okay." Canada said. "I actually get it a lot..."

"C'mon, Japan!" America said excitedly.

"Right, gomennasai." Japan said, as he bowed politely to Canada, before turning around to follow America.

"America-san, I'm sorry to intrude, but...have you lost weight?" the Asain man questioned, knowing all to well what his response was going to be.

'Crap, he noticed.' thought America. 'Well, I guess there's no use denying it.'

America smiled, grabbing his hand.

"Japan, dude, you shouldn't worry about such tiny details. Here, I'll take your suitcase for you. Now c'mon!"

"Oh, okay..." Japan replied, averting his gaze worryingly, as the America took the suitcase that he'd been holding.

Canada for once felt some relief. He knew, just by what he'd heard, that if there was anyone who could read someone like a book, it was Japan. In fact, to Germany, Italy, China, and a few others, he was known as the 'Master of Reading Moods', and considering that Japan and America were pretty much best of friends, it made reading him just that much easier. He hoped more than anything that Japan would be able to knock some sense into his brother.

'Japan, please help America. He won't listen to honest reasoning. You have to knock some sense him...please.'


A/N: What do you think? Please comment, if you will.

Gomennasai - I'm sorry.