Chapter 4

The rebellious mate

4:

 

I walk into the house and yelled i'm home like I usually do eve if there was no one home. Kai had just joined football club so I was left alone. I have such a nice brother he didn't even told me earlier and I had to walk back to school. 

 

I threw my bag aside and jump onto the couch hanging my leg lazily at the arm rest. I reach for the remote and turn on the television filping through multiples of lame channels. Until I have decided to watch paranormal activity. Which I swear to me is so goddamn boring.

 

~~

 

Kai's POV

 

Cassie has no idea that the poeple in our school are all warewolves and Baekhyun, her mate wanted to tell her. When Cassie finds out about things he gets freak out even if it's the smallest thing ever, yes, my sister is a dramaqueen I have to admit to that. But she also has trust issues so once you betrayed her trust there's never earning it back again.

 

Even if she did she was obviously lying. I know how she would react if she knew. Because Cassie is Cassie and I knew her more than anything else in the whole world. 

 

When I entered the front foor Cassie was fast asleep on the couch, a loud scream could be heard from the television. I peek onto it and turn it off. 

 

I should talk to mum about this problem. I hated that Baekhyun guy already, he was so cold and aggnorant to everybody around him but his friends. I just hope his not like that with Cassie. 

 

"Cassie." I called her name shaking her slightly, I lean closer to her ear "CASSIE!" I growled out loud, too loudly I guess. Her eyes opened as she looked at the startled causing me to laugh out loud.

 

"WHAT THE !" she growled throwing the pillow at me as I carefully dodge it. "Weak." I stuck my tongue out.

 

"What do you want" I watch as she yawn and lean back looking at me with a ccurious look on her face."Can i ask you something?"

 

She gave me a look but nod her head. "Do you trust me?"

 

"You're my brother, i have to." Cassie said reaching for the remote control. "No matter what?" I added, "what if I betray you?"

 

"Then that's just shameful isn't it." she answered in a bored tone while going through the channels. 

 

"I'm serious Cassie. I'm afraid, I might lose you too." I sighed.

 

Cassie laugh and played with her hair with her fingers, "what have you done to the real KAI?" she teased. 

 

"I'm serious Cassie." 

 

"Look," She turn to me and sigh, "I trust that whatever you're hiding it from me you're going to tell me when you're ready. I know you're scared but i will love you no matter what you are okay?" 

 

I raise my eyebrow, "You sure?"

 

"Cross my heart big bro." she nod her head and turn her attention back to the television screen. 

 

"Great!" I grinned, satisfied with my answer although I couldn't help but feel a bit worried. 

 

'Hey dumbo. Sooner or later she's going to find out if you don't tell her. Every secret's has an expiry date.' My Wolf spoke.  I sighed and walk upstaris to take a long cold shower.

 

I pull my shirt over my head while thorwing my worn out jeans onto the sink before stepping into the shower, as soon as I turn on the tap I let the water run down my body as I thought about my sister. I remembered how broken she was when dad left us and mum. But what she doesn't know is that mum isn't her mum. 

 

Dad left mine or us for the woman he has been cheating on aka Cassie's real mum. Which explains why she was half of what we are. And when Dad came back to get Cassie she threw him out of the house like he was a stranger she used to know and trust with all her heart afterwards she broke down crying. I remembered every single detail of that night like it as just yestetday.

 

Cassie's going to be 18 soon. She has to know and I plan to tell her during her birthday. I sighed and suddenly thought of himGoddamit that head is planning to tell her everything. 

 

Knowing Cassie she'll get too curious and gets stressed out when no one would want to tell her, she'll throw tantrums that I swear would make me go wolf. 

 

"Kai!!!! YOUR FRIEND IS HERE!" I heard Cassie shout from the faint sound of her talking I figured she was downstairs. 

 

I quickly turn the tap off and get dressed before walking downstairs. "Who let you in?" I raised my eyebrow at specifically Baekhyun then towards the whole warewolf gang. "Your mum" Baekhyun said.

 

"Where's Cassie?" I asked, "Kitchen." Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Don't give me that look she's my sister." I rolled my eyes and walk into the kitchen, I found Cassie with her headphones holding a cup of frozen yoghurt. 

 

"You want one?" She question, "this is the last scoop." She smile sheepishly. I shook my head and walk towards my mum, "why'd you invite them?"

 

My mum turn to Cassie who had her eyes on the yoghurt cup scooping every inch of the cup porbably hoping for more liquid. "They want us to join their pack. They have a strict rule against Rouges."

 

"Most of the packs have a strict rule against people like us!" I lowly hissed at her. "Come on, it's going to be great. We'll get protecion, Cassie will be protected. We'll hear out what they have to say and then we'll disscuss later okay?" Mum convinced me. 

 

"Fine, but I' not taking orders from anyone my age." My mum forced out a smile, "typical Alpha behaviour."