Chapter 2

Mine!

                                                                     yjixyn7cE.png


"Job, Job, Job." Fifi incoherently mumbled, pulling her wool scarf over her nose.

     The city of Seoul has been slowly recieving the coldness of fall; leafs were falling off trees, the wind blew more furiously. Nethertheless, Autumn was still beautiful. Fifi noticed that almost immediatetly when she stepped out and onto the streets to look for a job. She went up and down alleys trying to find a nice place to work at, but sadly she was out of luck. With a sigh, she headed into a cafe on the corner and ordered a vanilla latte. The cafe was absolutely packed with people, it must have been a pretty popular place. There was an empty seat near the counter and the window so Fifi quickly rushed over to take it while waiting for her latte. After 15 minutes a lady came holding a tray filled with drinks, she fumbled to find the vanilla latte. Fifi saw her struggling and decided to help her find it.

"Oh thank you!" 

"No problem, you seemed to be struggling a bit."

"True, I'm getting quite old now and it's getting hard to serve so many drinks nowadays."

"You still look very young!"

"Aha thanks but I'm nothing compared to you." The lady said, "Say, are you busy? Would you like to work here?"

"Actually, I was looking for a job. I'd love to work here."

"Great! This is actually a family business, but I'll take you. You seem very nice. Come tomorrow at 11 and I'll have my son teach you how to prepare drinks."

"Ah, alright. Bye!"

Fifi grinned brightly, "ASSA!" she screamed when she stepped out of the cafe. But quickly after she straightened herself after seeing the weird looks she recieved from everyone outside.


   Earbuds were blasting the lastest hits in Fifi's ear as her feet brought her to the door of the cafe. She pulled on her shirt and tidied herself before stepping in. 10:50pm "Perfect!" she said quietly as she turned the brass door handle. She was greeted by the strong scent of coffee making her feel fuzy inside. 

"Oh great you're here!" The cafe lady said with a big smile.

Fifi bowed and returned a small smile.

"Seokie! Come out the new girl is here." 

And with that a dark browned barista walked out from the back and looked up at Fifi.

'Life saver boy?' Fifi thought as she rolled her eyes at his grin.

"Oh! Hi Fifi. You remember me right?"

       She lightly nodded as she follwed him into the new work space. Minseok was freaking out on the inside, he couldn't believe his luck! He thought it was his perfect chance to make her fall for him. But it's gonna be way harder than he thinks. He lead her to the machines and taught her how to use them. His hands grabbed the just made latte and poured in the steamed milk and created a heart. Minseok then handed the cup to her and gave her a warm grin. Fifi almost gagged, this kid was way too cheesy for her liking. She had an emotionless face when she took the latte and gave it to the customer waiting for his drink. Afterwards she walked back to the counter and took orders. Minseok was just left there with his jaw on the floor. 'Did she just reject me? The beautiful Minseok?' He looked back at the tables and got even more upset when he saw the guy that recieved the latte. The customer mistaken the heart latte art as a shy confession from Fifi and was eyeing her.

       Minseok's anger rose and he walked up to the guy; blocking his view and said, "You're done with that right?" while grabbing the half empty cup. Leaving the customer shocked and taken back. The guy realized that because his latte has been it's best if he leaves....but not before talking to Fifi. He slowed walked over and gave her a dashing smile.

"Hey I'm Wooyoung. Would you like to go out sometime?"

    Minseok marched over and shoved Wooyoung aside while holding a tray of finished cups.

"Fifi, could you place this tray over there please?"

     She leaned in forward but the tray jerked spilling the leftover coffee all over her uniform. She combed her hair with her fingers in frustration and gave the two a heart chilling glare.

"HE DID IT!" The two bickered endlessly.

     She just stared real hard at them and left to clean up the mess. Wooyoung left after she went to change, leaving Minseok feeling guilty for everything that happened. He tried to find a time to apologize to her but Fifi was avoiding him as if he was a deadly snake. Before he knew it her shift ended at 11pm and she took off before saying anything.

"Did that young lady leave already?"

"Yeah mom."

"ALONE! ARE YOU CRAZY? DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THESE STREETS ARE AT NIGHT???STOP STANDING THERE AND GO FIND HER!"

     Minseok jumped over the counter and pulled his apron off swiftly. He was really worried about Fifi getting hurt, he couldn't forgive himself if you got hurt. He rushed out the door and searched all over for you. His feet reached an unknown street, the street lights flickered threatening to dim or maybe even just die out. The wind blew harshly on his bare arms but he didn't care all he cared about was your safety. He may have only met you 3 times but he innocently fell for you. And him roaming the street looking for you was proof. He walked around this part slowly praying that you haven't walked into this area. A bloodcurdling scream echoed throughtout the streets and Minseok's heart pounded. He dashed over to where the sound came from. A dark figure walked out of the shadows, Minseok got ready to hit the figure but when he saw their face his eyes popped out of his head. It was Fifi. She was perfectly unharmed, not even a scratch. He blinked again, his eyes adjusted to the dark and he saw a unconscious man laying on the floor behind Fifi. He started to piece everything together, she was a good fighter and when she came across this dirt bag of a man she whooped his with ease. 'DAMN she's sure different' He thought looking at the man. Then the thought hit him, is the man.....dead??

"Oh don't worry I just hit his nerve he'll be knocked out until the morning." She said in a monotone voice, as if she was reading his thoughts.

She her heels and started walking away.

"Wait."

The sound of footsteps stopped for a second but Fifi didn't turn to face him.

"I'm sorry about today. And I hope you won't mind but I walked all the way here to make sure you were okay so I'll just walk you home too."

     Silence was his only answer. She started walking again, he didn't get disapproval so he ran to her side and walked with her. An uncomfortable tranquility fell over the two, absolutely no words were said. Soon enough they quietly arrived at the door to her small apartment. Click. The door opened with a small creak that echoed in the slient hallways. She slid her feet out of her shoes, her eyes darted to the yellow note on the floor.

'I'm sleeping over at one of the guys house. Stay safe kiddo! - Kris'

"Well, I'll take my leave now. Good night."

Thoughts ran through Fifi's head and acted without agreeing with her brain. Instead it acted with her heart.

"Wait." This time the word came from .

 

"Stay."

Author's Message: Hello again! Miss me? Probably not. Anyways I hope you liked ths chapter, I gave it my best. C: Anyways, continue to read and support my story!~

                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Much Love, TaetiseoWenzy

OHHH Right! Introducing the one and only Minseok barista!!!