An Idols Job

Fangirl

FanGirl

Chapter 4

An Idols Job



(Amber goes to a schdule then goes to a cafe where Krystal works amber is the last customer. Krystal and Amber get to know eachother more)

 

E.den's first day as students came to an end. It was time for them to switch their lives from students to idols. Their manager was waiting outside of the school with the van to take E.den to their schedules. He tapped his fingers rapidly against the wheel while staring out the window looking for the idols. He saw the five girls running towards the van with a bunch a fans behind them chasing after them screaming their names. His eyes widen as he frantically reached for the door handle pushing the door opened quite roughly.

He ran around the van and opened the door where the Idols hurriedly got in. He closed the door shut and when he turned he saw a bunch of fans rushing towards both him and the van.

"Aish! Why do they get the crazy fans?"  He ran over to the drivers side, hopped in and drove off managing not to injure any of the fans. He sighed as they were stopped at a red light. He looked in the mirror.

"Your fans are going to make me age faster you know?" The manager complained. He began mumbling stuff that the group could not quite catch onto.

"Aish I'm going to get grey hair so quickly and the wrinkles I can't forget the wrinkles" The manager let out some sniffles. E.den looked at him  with a look that said 'you've got to be kidding me'.  Taeyeon leaned foreword trying to get a better look to see what the manager was doing. His sniffles got louder.

"Hyung are you crying?" Amber asked

"N-no! Me? Crying? T-thats r-ridiculous" The manager wiped his eyes and played it off with saying it was 'dust in his eyes. The light turned green and he cleared his throat and continued driving. E.den chuckled and went back to doing what they were doing.

"Amber you have a schedule later this evening for a  radio show. Would you like to wait at the company or else where?"

"The company will be fine"

~

Evening rolled around and the manager pulled up at the front of the building where Amber has been waiting outside. He honked the horn letting her know that he was outside. As Amber left the building she shivered a bit because of the rush of the evening breeze. She quickly made her way to the van before anyone could recognize her. She opened the passenger side and hopped in.

The ride to the building was pretty quite. Amber sensed that the manager did not want to really talk or have much noise considering he had to drop off and pick up Sooyoung, Taeyeon, and Yuri from filming this weeks episode of running man. You can't blame the guy for wanting some silence. Amber sighed as she let her head lean against her shoulder as she watched the streets of Seoul pass her. It wasn't long before they arrived at the building for the radio show. 

Amber was the first out as the manager trailed behind her. Entering the building they headed straight to the fourteenth floor where she was quickly greeted by the host of the show who dragged her to sit down as for they were running a bit late getting to the building.  Amber was pushed down into her seat nudging someone in the process. She looked over and there was Ailee sitting next to her.  Ailee was another minor who worked under Seoul Entertainment rival company Blue Light Entertainment, an Idol that just recently debuted and has managed to catch the eyes and ears of many fans.

Ailee was about to give a piece of her mind to the person who nudged her once she noticed it was Amber her face changed from pissed to well... the opposite of pissed. She was full of smiles and a slight giggle escaped . Amber bowed while apologizing before sitting down putting the headphones over her ears. Through the headphones was E.dens cover of Pusher Love Girl by Justin Timberlake. Nodding her head to the song Amber felt a tap on her shoulder. She pushed the right side of her headphones back so she would be able to hear the person next to her. She turned her attention to Ailee who was smiling. Amber smiled back as Ailee began to talk. 

"We haven't formally met. I'm Ailee I just recently debuted under Blue Light Entertainment" 

"I know who you are. I'm actually one of your fans. I'm Amber" 

"Never thought an E.den member would be a fan" She chuckled. Before Amber could say anymore she heard the person who will be monitoring the broadcast say "You guys are on in five, four, three, two..." As he trailed off the host Shindong stepped in and began the radio show.

"That was just Pusher lover girl covered by Korea's number one group E.den. Speaking of E.den we have a few guest with us to day. We have E.den's very own rapper Amber and a solo artist who is starting to make a scene Ailee" 

Ailee and Amber both started clapping. Amber looked at Ailee signaling her to introduce herself first.

"Hello everybody I am Blue Light Entertainment's new soloist Ailee. Thank you for having me today"

"Yes, hello everybody I'm E.dens youngest member Amber"

~

The show came to an end. Amber stood up bowing to everyone who helped with the broadcast and also to the host and guest. She grabbed her bag that was hanging behind her chair and slung it over her shoulder and began to make her way outside. Her manager has been waiting downstairs in the parking lot for the past hour as he couldn't handle being in the stuffy room for a long period of time.

Amber walked towards the van and opened up the passenger door and saw her manager leaned against the steering wheel falling asleep. She chuckled before reaching over to shake her manager. Her manager was startled a bit when he woke up. He gripped his heart and turned to face Amber.

"Are you trying to kill me. First your fans now you. Seriously which side are you on!"

"Hyung go home and get some sleep I'm going to go to the cafe down the street then call for a taxi back to the dorm" He looked at her with a questioning look. It was already 9 and he didn't like the thought of leaving the idol he is supposed to watching.

"Hyung get home you look like you need the sleep. You don't want to age fast now do you?"

"Your right I don't want to age quickly. Alright just don't forget about Idol curfew if you're caught being outside past ten you get written up"

"Yes Hyung. Now drive safely" Amber shut the door and moved out the way. She watched as her manager drove away. She her heel getting ready to walk away until a hand gripped her wrist. She roughly pulled her arm away from the strangers grip and turned around quickly. Ailee was standing there eyes widen at the shock of how agressive Amber was, Ailee's hand was still slightly in the air.

"Ah, sorry I thought you were someone else"

"It's me who should be sorry I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that"

"I didn't hurt you did I?" Amber asked once she saw Ailee rubbing her wrist. She shook her head giving Amber a small smile.

"So, what's your reason for sneaking up on me?"

"I thought your manager abandoned you so I came to see if you wanted a ride"

"Ah, no thanks I'm going somewhere" Amber walked Ailee to where her van was and made sure she was sent off first before she left for the cafe.

~

A ding sound rang through the cafe as Amber peeked her head through the door to see that there was no one left in the cafe. In the distance she saw a girl  slightly hunched over the table rubbing a dish cloth in circular motions across the circular table. Without turning around the girl spoke.

"Welcome to cafe Dream, please take a seat I will be with you in a minute" She carefully placed some glass dishes in the bin before taking it to the back kitchen. Amber looked around before taking a seat at a nearby table. The girl came out wiping her hands on her apron before pulling out a note pad while walking towards Amber. Amber sat there looking at the little pamphlet that stood in a plastic display.

"What can I get you?" She spoke not looking up from her note pad. Amber looked up at the girl her eyes widen a bit and her voice was caught in . The girl who stood there beginning to lose her patience. She moved her gaze from the note pad to look at the wide eyed Amber. She grinned a bit, not a lot, but just a bit.

"Well?"

"Um, I'll just have a vanilla milkshake"

"One Vanilla milkshake coming up" The girl left and when Amber knew she was gone she cleared . The girl made her freeze up, it wasn't like the first time they met. Within a few minutes she returned with the milkshake and set it on Amber's table before she walked off to a table that was filled with papers and books. Amber watched as the girl sat down and let her chin rest on her hand as she began flipping through her text books.

A few minutes passed and Amber has been trying to figure out how to start a conversation. Until it hit her.  She got up from her chair taking her bag and milkshake towards the girls table. The girl knew Amber was standing in front of her but decided to pay no mind to her and continued to study.

"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed" The girl smiled. She actually smiled. The girl looked up at Amber still leaning against her arm. She looked at Amber with that smile and spoke.

"Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit" She said. Amber let out a chuckle.

"Mind if I join you?"

"No, go for it" Amber pulled out the chair and sat in front of the girl. The girl leaned back and crossed her arm as she saw Amber shuffling her papers and lifting her text books up to get a glimpse into who this girl was.

"A seven page English essay, advanced Physics, and three of Shakespeare beautifully written tragedies. Okay who are you?" The girl in front of her chuckled before leaning forward placing her hands on the table.

"I'm Krystal. Krystal Jung, on student council and is obsessed with anything Shakespeare"

"That would explain why you managed to respond with Shakespeare without hesitation"

What seemed to be like days managed to only be minutes. Amber and Krystal sat there for half an hour talking about Shakespeare and what were the best tragedies which caused a small argument that Krystal won. Krystal glanced over at the clock that was hanging on the wall. She sighed as she turned back to Amber.

"I think you should be going" She said

"Why?"

Krystal pointed to the clock as it read 9:50.

"That's why"

"What about you?"

"I'll study for a bit more then lock up and get my sister to come and pick me up. Now you should go before you're late" Krystal saw Amber out. Amber managed to hail a cab. Before she stepped into the cab Krystal spoke.

"Amber"

"Yeah?"

"Still not your fan girl" Amber chuckled

"I know" 

"Just making sure you still know. Goodnight. Get home safely" Before Amber could reply Krystal stepped back inside locking the front door and flipping the open sign to close. She stood there watching from behind the glass as Ambers cab drove off 



Ello everyone ^^

I was planning on updating twice yesterday but didn't get to. I hope this makes up for it ^^

Sad to say I go back to school on the 5th and have to star focusing on exams and final project so I probably wont be able to update until the weekend :(

Anyways I'll see you guys next update. Thanks for reading ^^

Ohh and before I forget please leave your comments I love to hear what you guys think of the story ^^

Byeeeeeee :)