Him

Show Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinae

“His eyes are so intense I want to look away . . . or never look away, I can’t decide.”-The Distance Between Us

     I slowly opened my aching eyes to take a look at my surroundings and to my own shock, I was in my room. My heart beat began to climb in panic as I glanced around my room. I, Jang Jinae, who passed out in the arms of a stranger was laying in my own bed. Nearly throwing my covers of me, I stood up and examined my room. Nothing seemed out of place, everything was just how I left it this morning before work but that's what made it all the more eerie. Slowly I opened my bedroom door, quietly peeking my head out. Yes, I was a coward slightly expecting a serial killer to pop out of nowhere but was surprised when I found no one in my apartment. There was not a trace of another person even having been here. I was still in my clothes from yesterday and even my bag and keys were sitting right on the kitchen counter as I usually put them when I come home. Nothing was adding up.

Quickly rushing out of my apartment I headed down to our buildings security office. They would have to have footage or something to explain this. This, being how in the hell I got in my apartment and who brought me. 

"Jang Jinae!" I stopped mid sprint in the lobby of the building as my name was yelled and turned to find Baekhyun jogging towards me.

"Baekhyun?" I breathed out as he approached me mentally questioning why he was here and how he knew where I lived.

"How are you?" he inquired as I looked around the lobby a bit anxious about finding the person who brought me here yesterday.

"I don't know" I stated as I ran a hand through my hair "I passed out a-and I don't k-know how I got back here" I could feel myself beginning to freak out as he lightly grabbed my hand.

"Jinae, calm down" he said soothingly as his other hand turned my head to face him "I brought you home yesterday. That's why I’m here to see how you are."

"Y-You?" I blurted out as I felt my breathing started to regulate again. Everything still wasn't making sense though.

"Yes. Would you like go get a cup of coffee? I can tell you everything." he smiled reassuringly as I hesitantly nodded and let him take me to his car. Baekhyun and I weren't exactly friends but he was a good acquaintance of mine. Lately, things just weren't making sense and sad enough to say the way Baekhyun's been acting has been one of those things.

His Range Rover Evoque was parked right outside the front of the building. He politely opened the door and allowed me to get in before he got in on the driver’s side. I couldn't help but feel jittery a thousand thoughts running through my mind every second.

"Do you like any specific kind of coffee shop?" he looked over to me as we pulled away from the building.

"Not particularly" I mumbled glancing out the window. I just wanted this paranoid feeling to go away.

"Okay, then I’ll take you to my usual place." he chuckled and continued driving.

We arrived at the place about fifteen minutes later. From the outside it most certainly looked nothing like a cafe.

"Baekhyun, are you sure this is the place?" I gaped at the place as he laughed.

"It's not an actually cafe the bartender here just makes good coffee." he smirked and got out. I looked at the night club in shock. Baekhyun is a prosecutor and probably one of the best in Korea at that. So why was he bringing me to have coffee in a nightclub that was probably filled with s and drug lords just last night.

"Ready?" he smiled as he opened the door for me to get ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter