Distress

Boyfriend For Sale (DISCONTINUED)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Please Taemin, don't leave me." Jonghyun held the cold hands of his lover, kissing them as tears continued falling from his eyes like waterfalls. The fact that he left his lover just a few hours, and he will see the other lying on his pool of blood in their house of havoc.. not knowing if Taemin will wake up again or not to see another sunrise. He couldn't bear the feeling of losing his only source of hope in life.. Actually no; he cannot bear to lose his life which is the one lying on the stretcher now, with wirings connected to his body.

"Baby please stay strong. Don't give up. I am sorry I left you. I should have took you with me. I should have..." his voice broke into chokes and sobs as he saw his boyfriend's almost lifeless form, eyes sealed shut.

"Whoever did this to you, I swear that I can kill him. I can do everything for you Taemin."

 

Jonghyun entered Key's room (A/N: yes, TaeKey are in the same hospital) and saw Yunho sitting by the couch at the side.

"What is the problem?" he asked, and Yunho replied, "I am afraid to say this but..."

"Who are you?" The conversation was interrupted when the feline-eyed man he stared at Jonghyun, "why are you entering my room?"

"Kibum-ah, you don't know me? It is me, Jong-" before Jonghyun could finish his sentence, he had been cut off by Yunho's hand. "Excuse us, Kibum."

 

"What the heck is happening? Why doesn't he-"

"Due to trauma, Key... he has amnesia." with those words, Jonghyun fell and slid down the wall. "WHAT!? Amnesia?"

"Yes.. Thus, he cannot help us in the investigation. We cannot rush him into asking who is the culprit because his mental state isn't stable."

"Oh God." Jonghyun could only run his hand through his hair and grab it, "why are You doing this to us?"

"Do not lose hope please," Yunho lowered to the other's level and rubbed the sobbing man's back, "with constant therapies Key can get his memories back, and Taemin will wake up, and tell us who the real culprit is."

 

Jonghyun POV

I drank my 4th bottle of soju for tonight, sitting by the corner of Taemin and I's room where we used to make good memories together. My eyes roamed around the room and my gaze become fixed on the picture hanging by the wall. Taemin, smiling brightly as i am kissing him by the cheek. Will I ever see that smile again? What if he doesn't wake up? What if Key cannot remember anything? How can I give them justice? How can this stupid game end if I cannot get any clue from that small note the culprit left.

I didn't notice the door had opened and I felt a hand grab me.

"You er!" Minho grabbed me by the collar, whole body shaking, "your boyfriend and ex are in the hospital and almost killed by a mystery culprit and you are here now, being a drunkard and crying!? I thought you love Taemin. I thought you can do everything for him, even kill whoever gets into Taemin's happiness. Do you think that you can do anything good for him when you are like this? Damn it Jonghyun. I thought you are strong and can withstand any challenges, then what is this-"

"Yes!"  I yelled, "I am a weakling! I am a frigging coward! I am so done with my life!" I felt the grip on my collar getting lose.

"I am very tired of this, that I wish I will sleep and not wake up again.. My only hope in life is lying on the hospital bed with wires helping him to sustain life, and he is now in a state of coma. The one who only knows who the criminal is cannot recall a single thing about what happened.."

"Hyung-ah..." Minho brought me into an embrace, "I am sorry. Please stay strong... Just for Taemin. Give him justice. Give everybody the justice they deserve. I will try my best to help into the investigation. Just, please, let us do this together. Do not give up. Do you think Taemin  will like to see you iike this?"

"Minho-yah... what if he doesn't wake up? What if he leaves me? What if he wakes up and ends up with an amnesia too? What if-"

"Shhh, calm down hyung. Stop crying. It breaks my heart to see you like this, brother... We will get over this. You are not alone." I felt myself collapsing into his arms.

 

"There is something peculiar about this note." Minho stated, still staring at the note as if it will fly out of sight.

"What now? I see nothing strange." I replied.

"Hyung, by chance, do you know who Kim Jongin is?" I shook my head no. "Where the hell did you get that weird name?"

"In years of training in my father and I's police station in our youth, you still haven't learned anything?" he rolled his eyes as he pointed at the note. What letter does the first line begins?"

"K."

"Continue reading..."

KEEP YOUR EYES ON EACH OTHER FROM NOW ON.

I WILL COME AND DO AS I PLEASE.

MESS UP WITH YOUR LIVES AND MAKE IT A LIVING HELL.

JUST WHEN YOU ARE THINKING YOU ARE SECURED, I WILL START MY WRATH.

OVER AND OVER AGAIN, MY STEPBROTHER CANNOT LOVE ME BECAUSE OF YOU, KJH.

Please log in to read the full chapter