[Drabble 1] The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

From Here On
 


He really wasn’t sure what it was.

He looked the same.

He felt the same.

His eyes were still too big. His hair was still as black as the night on a new moon, and his body was still lacking muscle.

But, that wasn’t what he was confused about. He knew how he felt about that; what got him was the sudden change. This sudden need that seemed to rocket from the tip of his toes to the very edge of his spiked bangs.

When he opened his eyes this morning, the last thing he expected was this sudden urgency. This abrupt want, need, yearning to step outside his door, outside the sanctuary of his home of twenty years, and just leave- not to town, not to the nearby city, but to a new reality- somewhere where the grass was red and the sky was covered with a display of neon- somewhere where flying was the main mode of transportation- somewhere different- somewhere extraordinary- somewhere beyond his imagination.

This was a need he hasn’t felt since he was a little child waiting for his father to return back from his own adventures.

Adventures that told of firefalls and active volcanoes that spewed cotton instead of lava, men with hands for feet, women with hair as long as buildings, clouds solid enough to lay on, and there was so much more.

He wasn’t sure where this desire came from; however, he couldn’t help but feel, as he packed his bag with all the needed essentials, that the idea really wasn’t all that uncalled for.