Prologue

From Here On


Prologue


 

 

 

It was the year 2015 that the Virtual Reality helmets were released to the general public for their own use.

 

Many critiqued this advancement as a step forward for humanity; they now had the power to build lives in a virtual world, build upon creations that were physically impossible in their own, experiment with things deemed too dangerous to risked their lives for, and progress humanity in a brand new direction.

Others stated that this was a huge step back, and that this would only lead to a point of no return.

 

 

It was the year 2020 and five years after the product’s initial release that a group of scientists started to notice certain aspects about the many virtual worlds that humans have created.

They had begun experiments on these oddities after hypothesizing a negative outcome due to them.

This experimentation project was mysteriously shut down in 2030.

The division of public that was pro-virtual reality stated that it was most likely due to the fact that nothing of ill-nature was produced; therefore, the project was no longer needed. Those of the anti- virtual reality side theorized the opposite- that the scientists had come across something they shouldn’t have.

Neutrals were either indifferent or skeptical.

 

 

It was in the year 2045 with virtual reality just as much a part of life as eating, that a new group of scientists re-started the mysterious 2020 project after having found confidential files that held record of the trials from the ten year period. 

 

2046- Virtual reality worlds were stated to actually be Alternate dimensions, and that those ‘virtual worlds’ were just as real as ours.

The majority didn’t believe it due to the fact we created the worlds ourselves, and any being inside those worlds that is not originally from the human world, was only an NPC, not living, but a controlled program. These worlds could also be deleted and cease to exist.

 

2047- Scientists clarified. The ‘Deleted’ virtual reality worlds were the Alternate Dimensions, and every deleted ‘world’ manifested into its own alternate Earth. NPC’s became living beings, living individuals.

 

2050- Scientists released a brief but impacting overview of the records from the past experiments. Evidence that those deleted worlds were still connected to present virtual worlds, and that they have searched and found entrances to several deleted worlds from present ones. 

 

People were still skeptical.

 

 

It was in the year 2051 that a human being came across a defect within their created reality. Through this unknown defect, they were transported into a different reality from their own. Said person did not publicly speak in detail of what occurred during the happening and or thereafter. They only told of one thing.

That same human had gotten pregnant after having ual with a virtual male.

Nine months later, the first virtual reality baby was born.

 

That same year, scientists released more conclusive evidence from previous trials set back in the ten year period of 2020 to 2030.

Apparently, if a person was to physically die within the ‘real’ world, their mind and soul could continue to live on in the ‘virtual worlds’ so long as they were connected to it at their time of death. In the virtual world, they would die naturally through time. Scientists were only able to prove this fact true; they were unable to explain how.

 

 

Year 2068 and the ‘original’ reality had already become another ‘virtual’ one, and ‘virtual’ became the real. Humans were now born and raised in virtual realities. What was dictated as real or not became only a concept. The world was now infinite, and everything was possible.

The only things that were certain now were birth, death, and change.

 



 

It is in the year 2121 that this story begins; it starts in one reality in particular.

An older reality that dates back to older times where they still shaped the realities like it was a game and still held many of the original earth’s norms. The world was round, the grass was green, humans held physical limitations, and walking was still a valued way of transport.

 

This is the story that began in a reality known as ‘9095.’ And, these are the adventures of a young, naïve, and full of life man named Kim Jaejoong as he travels across the spectrum of different realities and meets all kinds of different people. 

 


©