Do You Love me?

Is it Okay For Me to Love You?

A few days had past ever since Kyungsoo told Jongin about his past. They've spent those days together and became closer. Kyungsoo felt happy. It was a strange feeling to him since he hasn't experienced this feeling in a long time. He started to forget the heartbreak from his past lover, Baekhyun.

"Hey hyung! Wanna see this picture I took of Jongin hyung?" Sehun leaned towards Kyungsoo to show a picture from his phone.

"H-hey!" Jongin grabbed the phone before Kyungsoo could see anything.

Kyungsoo laughed at their little cat fight before breaking them up. He didn't feel any regret from being near Jongin. He felt a lot closer to him and was happy about it. He found it amazing how he changed his feelings in such a short amount of time. "Just send me the picture later, Sehun."

"Don't you dare send it."

Sehun laughed manically, "I already did."

--

The weather was nice today, so they all decided to eat on the school roof. But unfortunately, Sehun wasn't here at school today. Today it was just Jongin and Kyungsoo.

"It's so much quieter without that here," Jongin smirked.

"I wish it was always this quiet."

"How about we make a plan to make him even more sick. It'll be quiet like this more often."

Kyungsoo laughed, "Nah, I think I'll just enjoy the moment."

"You sure? I've known him for quite a while now. He gets really annoying after awhile."

"I've known him for a whole year. I think I'm used to it. Oh, and by the way, that picture of you had me laughing my off."

Jongin scoffed, "Yeah, yeah. You should see his pictures though. Mine are nothing compared to his."

"Really? Lemme see. I don't believe anything could be better than that picture of you," Kyungsoo snickered.

They spent their lunch chatting up a storm and revealing weird selfies to each other. Once they finished eating, they still had time to spare and continued their small talk.

"This might be weird of me to ask this but have had any relationships in the past? I'm just making conversation." Kyungsoo leaned against the railing of the roof.

"Yeah, I had a few. Have you had any before Baekhyun?"

"No. He was my first and thought he was going to be my last... and thanks again for listening to me before."

"What else are friends for?"

"Thanks for being my friend."

"Don't get too sappy, hyung," Jongin joked.

"I really mean it, you know. I felt so alone and didn't realize it until you invited me to join you for lunch. I didn't know how funny you can look at times. I didn't know how happy they can make you at times."

"Thanks for being my friend too."

"Jongin?"

"Yeah?"

"Is it okay for me to love you?" He has done it. What's done has been done. He can't change this. Kyungsoo waited for his answer. Five seconds... Ten seconds...He picked at the end of his shirt and stared at the ground... Twenty seconds... He doesn't like me does he...Thirty seconds...He started to feel regret swelling up within him as he counted the seconds...A whole minute passed.

"What would you do if I said no?"

--

What did he mean by that? He completely regretted everything that happened. This was just like the past and he has done it again. How can you be so stupid? He wanted to cry but he was still in class. Jongin was still avoiding him. Maybe he shouldn't have ran away from hearing Jongin say those words. Those words were concrete blocks thrown to his heart. It hurt him. How could he be so stupid and how can Jongin be so stupid? He told him about his past and he thought he would understand him.

Kyungsoo would have been okay if he had rejected him and been friends again as if nothing happened. But the way he responded wasn't a clear no or yes, and now he was ignoring him and staying out of his sight. He should have never said anything. They could have just stayed friends and he would be okay with it. He should have learned from his past.

--

He decided to stay home today... as well as yesterday and the day after yesterday and the day before that. He didn't want to see him and he was sure Jongin didn't want to see him either. This was the best for both of us. Yes, this is the way. He was sure of it. But can he save his friendship with Jongin? That's what he wondered. What if he doesn't see me the same way as before? He pondered about many question that wandered his head as laid on the couch of his home. Just then, Sehun sent a message to his phone.

Sehun: Ur not at school again. did somting happened while i wasnt there? D:

Kyungsoo: I just don't feel so well. Don't worry about me.

Sehun: Jongin is ignoring me... i feel lonely. i don't have anyone to show jongin's pictures too. com to school tomorrow hyung

Kyungsoo: I can't...

--

He decided to stay home today too. His parents made him go, but he snuck out of school. He was afraid if Jongin saw his face, he'd ignore him like before. He didn't want to be reminded of what happened between them. He stayed at the park a few blocks from his house. It was empty because everyone was either at school or work. It was perfect for him to settle down and be away from everyone. He sat at one of the swings and gently swayed back and forth. The wind gently blew and he could hear chimes ring somewhere in the distant. He felt at peace.

He then heard footsteps approach him. It was a man dressed in dark blue jeans, hands in his pockets, slightly permed hair, and a gray shirt under a black jacket.

"Kyungsoo?' the man said.

Kyungsoo's jaw dropped when he realized who the man was. The man was Byun Baekhyun.

--

Whoops, I lied. This is not the last chapter. Pretty sure the next one is gonna be the last one.

Thanks for all the subscribes, comments, and upvotes. I really appreciate it!