Am I Just a Coward?

Is it Okay For Me to Love You?

"We haven't really talked much before, hyung."

Shut up.

"I guess we haven't."

Shut up.

Jongin tried his best to make a conversation, but it didn't help much of the awkwardness in the air. They both ate in silence, which was for the best for Kyungsoo. He didn't want their relationship between them to progress any further. Kyungsoo decided this was the best way to go about. They would just eat then leave as if nothing happened. That was the plan. He would see that Kyungsoo was an awkward guy and not interact with him any further.

"Hyung~" A voice appeared and cut through the silence.

The door to the roof opened and revealed Sehun skipping over to them carrying bread, milk, and snacks.

"I told you not to come up here. Go away," Jongin tried to shoo him away.

"Why? Are you here with your new boyfriend?" He teased.

We're not together. Please let me leave. Save me.

"Whoa, it is Kyungsoo! It's been awhile, hyung!" Sehun sat down between Jongin and Kyungsoo and started to munch down on one of his bread.

"You guys know each other?" Jongin asked.

"Yeah. Before that bacon guy moved. What was his name again? Oh yeah, Baekhyun. We were all buddies," He swung his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders. "Ain't that right, hyung?!"

"Y-yeah..." Help.

"Oh, I was meaning to ask you, hyung. What happened between you two? I saw you both on the roof and then you guys never talked to each other for months before he moved away."

Why did you have to ask that?

"Should I be listening to this?" Jongin started to get up but Sehun gestured him to sit down.

"This happened before you moved here. I'm sure it's all fine, right hyung?"

"..." Kyungsoo didn't know what to say. He didn't want to say anything. He never told anyone about what happened and decided to never tell.

Jongin slapped Sehun on the backside of his head,"Sehun, stop being a brat. I'm sure he doesn't want to talk about it."

"Ugh. I came all the way up here just to hear this? I guess I'll leave you two love birds alone." Sehun left the scene and the awkwardness started to fill the air again.

They both finished their own food before Jongin said something, "I'm sorry about him. He's kind of an ."

"It's okay," He started to play at the end of shirt, "I'm sure you're curious about what he was talking about though."

"We can just both forget about it if it makes you feel better," He shrugged.

There was something about his tone that relieved him. It felt like he could him everything. But of course, that wouldn't happen, right?

"If you need to get anything off of your chest, I'm here for you, hyung." 

"It has been bothering me...It's been almost a year, yet I can still remember everything so clearly." What am I saying? You're not going to really tell him right?

It was like his voice had a mind of its own. The truth spilled out of him and Jongin was there to listen to every single detail. But he strangely didn't regret it. He actually felt like the weight of an elephant had stepped off his chest.

"I liked him. Or loved him. But he didn't feel the same way."

--

Kyungsoo remembered the day as if it was only yesterday.

"Hyung, there's something I have to tell you. I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now, but I didn't know if it was the right timing or not."

Baekhyun was all ears.

"Hyung, I like you." Kyungsoo shut his eyes tightly and waited for his answer. His hopes were high that he was going to accept his confession. They've been through so much. Baekhyun been there for Kyungsoo when his mother was sick and supported him and his mother throughout her illness. All the laughter they shared and the days they spent together. It wasn't going to waste, right? They even held hands once and kissed. That has to mean something.

He laughed,"That's what you called me up here for that? We're practically brothers! You don't need to tell me this!"

That's not what he meant. I love you. You can say it. Just do it. "That's not what I meant," Kyungsoo stepped closer to Baekhyun and grabbed his hands. "I love you. I love your smile, your laugh, and how you seemed to stay positive in every situation. I love you."

Baekhyun's eyes widen at his confession and backed away,"Kyungsoo..."

"You love me too, right?" Tears started to form in Kyungsoo's eyes.

"I-I'm sorry." Those two words, it felt as if someone just stabbed him in the heart. "I'm not interested in men. I already have someone else I like. I'm sorry." He felt like running away. He heard enough.

"But what about what ever happened in the past? I thought there was something special between us. What about when we kissed? Did that mean nothing to you?" He could feel his tears trickling down his cheeks.

"It was nothing. I only saw you as a brother... As a friend. I'm sorry." Sorry? That was all he could say? Did he just love him for the fun of it? Why did he have to build up a wall of this thing you called love only to break it down? Was everything just a lie? This can't be real. Is this a nightmare? We've been through so much together. All those months we spent together...the kiss we shared. It really meant nothing to you?

Baekhyun left him alone on the roof. Kyungsoo cried until his eyes were all red and puffy. He skipped the rest of his classes and hid so no one could find him. He was embarassed and he felt as if the world ended. They avoided each other for a whole week, which then turned into months and Baekhyun eventually moved away, officially leaving him for good. Kyungsoo felt hopeless. He felt as if no one would ever love him. He just gave up. His life later went back to normal. He felt that this was good. Kyungsoo had no need to find love and he had no worries. But that was of course, until Jongin.

--

Jongin listened to everything and Kyungsoo told him everything.

"It might sound weird, but I don't believe in love anymore."

"...I think you're a coward, hyung."

Kyungsoo look at Jongin with a perplexed expression.

"Uh, no offence, but it's just that you gave up so easily. You had never thought to try again... with someone new?"

He looked down to the floor, "I-I guess not."

"You could find someone better. You're a nice guy, hyung. I'm positive someone out there loves you for you. Ugh... that sounded kind of cheesy..."

Kyungsoo chuckled. He actually felt good,"Yeah, it kind of was. But thanks... for listening to me. I've never told anyone about it."

Jongin smiled at Kyungsoo's response,"I guess we should leave soon, class is starting in a few minutes."

They both got up and left the roof. Jongin leaded the way and Kyungsoo followed.

I guess he isn't that bad...

--

I think the next chapters going to be the last one. Might come out today or tomorrow~~