RANT #7 - ByungHannie

r i g h t i n t h e f e e l s • a writing contest >> that's closed, but a new one's linked in Chapter 80!! :)
 
 

RANT #7 HELLO byunghannie =)

HEADER LEFT

THE OVERDOSED WISH

 

The idea behind Overdosed Wish, I found quite intriguing. I enjoyed reading about the love triangle. . . but it's not really a triangle is it xD? 

I like your writing style; it's very narrative, but descriptively narrative - not something that you'd see commonly around. 

I also like how you've linked the start of the story with the end. I think it's quite effective :0. 

Honestly, I find The Overdosed Wish quite appealing. . . but somehow, it's not appealing to me. Unfortunately, I can't quite put my finger on the reason - and I'm truly sorry that I am still unable to figure out exactly why after all this time. I think, a minor reason would be because I don't exactly ship Krystal and Kyungsoo. . . I don't think I've ever seen it. I've certainly read about Krystal and Kai coupling, but even at that I don't exactly support it.  

Though the plot definitely has its intense scenes and all, I still found the whole story a bit dull, and as I read on, I was getting disinterested. It's not like I've read something before, but I guess it's not something that made me go "OOPH BRUV" "Dayum son!". Stuff like that, you know?

The Overdosed Wish is a nice story, but it just didn't click with me, unfortunately.

'TWAS IMMENSELY BEAUTIFUL :')

THE CHANCE OF WINNING

 

Well, The Overdosed WIsh won third place for mayazero's top three one-shots, so congratulations!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling very proud of yourself :).

Albeit In terms of winning the major prizes that I was in charge of, honestly, I've always had a distorted view on one-shots when compared to chaptered fanfictions. Because, how can the content of a one-shot compete with the  content of a chaptered story? The one-shot would have to be extremely well written, trumping the chaptered fanfiction, correct? Of course I did not base my top three solely on this question, but it definitely sums up the logic behind my top three being fanfictions and not one-shots. But I'm definitely not biased towards fanfictions over one-shots.

The Overdosed Wish, as explained above, didn't quite get through with me. It was a little dull, I was a bit disinterested, and it didn't tear up my feelings like I was hoping it would.