RANT #5 - yeolwho05

r i g h t i n t h e f e e l s • a writing contest >> that's closed, but a new one's linked in Chapter 80!! :)
 

 

RANT #5 HELLO yeolwho05 =)

HEADER LEFT

the leaden desolution

 

Of all the fanfictions I've read on AsianFanFics, one-shots in particular, I don't think I've ever read something as mind-boggling as The Leaden Desolution. As a writer, I've always been intrigued by the Psychological theme since I've seen some stories based on the genre, but have no idea how to write one myself. This being said, I'm pretty amateur with the Psychological theme, but I think The Leaden Desolution really shows the dark side of the genre. 

 

As I'm sure you would have hoped, I definitely fell into the trap you set up. I believed Lee Chanyeol was an actual person, to which the narrator could turn to in her moments of confusion and distress. There was no doubt I had suspected this Lee Chanyeol to be a very different 'boy' compared to any other fictitious character, but I was sure that whatever Lee Chanyeol was described to be, he was a human.

LOL boy was I wrong.

I had NO idea of the true identity of Lee Chanyeol, and I was absolutely surprised when you revealed it. It was definitely mindblowing. I love explanations where authors take the time to analyse their chapters and show the audience the hints they've left for readers that support the revealed twist.

Because "Ohhhhh I see" and "Damnit, how did I not notice that??". Love that stuff.

 

If you have an idea of your writing skill, NEVER LOSE IT because it is SO UNIQUE I TELL YOU. It's not just the plot of The Leaden Desolution, I can practically feel the bizarre vibe that I'm almost certain is the result from your writing alone. I think this would only make sense if you play sport games and/or video games, but I'm 95% sure that your writing style is the carry. 

 

However, the only flaw I found in The Leaden Desolution, which is very subjective and relates to your crazy creativeness, is the part where you ended the narrator's life. As stated in the Cheatsheet, #10 tells participants that I'm a little wonky with scenes, and though I perfectly know that Lee Chanyeol isn't a male. . . Up until now I still do not know what the hell the original character did to herself with that thing just before she ended her life, but it sounds like dirty things and even though I was engrossed in the story beforehand, that part made me go like ". . . Erm. . . Are they having right now or what?" And then of course, when you revealed the identity of Lee Chanyeol, it really makes me question what exactly went down there O.o.

I have such an absolute dispassion for the Horror genre, that I mentioned it in the rules of this contest rather than on the Cheatsheet. Describing the scene of which the narrator has already shot herself was kind of creepy and gross, but I didn't find it unbearable at all (actually, I was still grossed out from the previous scene, of the implied or not . << Please clear that up for me). 

 

The Leaden Desolution was short, as expected of a one-shot, but I really liked how it all began, and ended. Very well written!

'TWAS IMMENSELY BEAUTIFUL :')

THE CHANCE OF WINNING

 

I will let you know that The Leaden Desolution had quite a high chance of winning, and that the idea behind Lee Chanyeol really had me driven into the story. 

 

The sole reason why it did not win a place albeit, is because, as mentioned and explained above, I was a little disgusted by the scene just before the narrator died, and now with the knowledge that Lee Chanyeol isn't a person, I am mortifyingly confused at what you have described to the audience in the same scene.