There, You Are

Faultless

 

When Soojung opened her eyes, she found herself sprawled on a king-sized bed in a room so foreign she screamed.

 

The door opened and a guy came in. He was tall and well-built. He looked about the same age as her, and he had the most expressive eyes she had ever seen. He was one handsome guy.

 

But this made her scream even louder.

 

“AAAAAAAAAHHHH! Who are you? Why am I here? What have you done to me?!” She shielded herself with the pillow.

 

She is in some stranger’s bed. It was a handsome stranger who looked pretty decent that he didn’t seem to be a bad guy, but he’s still a stranger nevertheless.

 

“Calm down Miss. You passed out.” The guy smiled. His smile calmed her down somehow.

 

“Do you have anybody to call to come pick you up? I was supposed to bring you to the medics, but they were too pre-occupied with watching the show. I figured you just needed some sleep, so I brought you here.”

 

“Oh, ummm..” Her brows crunched in thought. But then she remembered.

 

Her name. She had been picked. Amber called her. She would be dating Amber Liu for real. She, Jung Soojung, will be her ultimate idol’s girlfriend for a week.

 

“My God. I have to go back. The concert! Amber Liu called my name! He picked me!” She exclaimed frantically, already up and fixing her crumpled dress.

 

The guy looked at him amusedly. He had never seen a beauty like her. He had already noticed her even before the concert started. So when she fainted, he was there to catch her in his arms before she fell.

 

“But a girl had come forward. The concert had ended already. Maybe you can even catch the press con now. It’s live on TV. You’ll see the girl.”

 

He wasn’t lying. Soojung’s jaw dropped as she saw it. The ‘Jung Soojung’ had her head leaned comfortably on Amber’s shoulder as questions were thrown against her. She was clearly enjoying the attention. But there was something off though on Amber’s smile, on his eyes, on his gestures. He doesn’t seem to be liking it one bit.

 

Soojung felt relief wash over her. It’s not too late. She will claim what was taken away from her.

 

“Thank you, and sorry for troubling you. Um, if you don’t mind, I have to go right now. Thank you again, Mr., uhm?”

 

“Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai.” The guy chuckled. He couldn’t believe that the girl don’t really know who he is.

 

“Your name sounds famil- HOLY SHHENANIGANS, you’re from Exo, the K-pop boy band?” Soojung’s eyes grew wide. How could she fail to notice it? He was oozing so much charisma he’d have to be an idol.

 

“Yeah. And I presume you’re the real Jung Soojung.”

 

“Haha. Yep. Sorry I didn’t recognize you right away. But why, why were you there with the audience? That was risky.”

 

“Well, I was just a bystander. I was feeling random and quite bored backstage so I decided it might be fun to try being in the crowd.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“I wanted to be beside you too. I noticed you when you arrived. You took my breath away.” Kai looked her straight in the eye. A normal girl would have melted at the words and might have spasmed right there and then, but he knew this one was different when she only laughed at his flirtations.

 

“Bwahahaha! You’re funny. It’s nice meeting you but I have to go now Kai. I have to go to Amber, and tell him I’m the Jung Soojung. They got the wrong girl. My Amber needs my help. He needs to be rescued from that human being.” She cast a glare at the girl on television.

 

“Yeah. But you can wait here. The press con had ended. They’ll be here any minute.” Kai replied, his voice laced with disappointment. Why does she also have to like Liu, of all idols?

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Amber Liu lives right next to my unit. You can go there and talk to him before he enters. Wait no, I’ll take you.”

 

“But the press might be coming too. And they’ll see you with me. You wouldn’t want them to think you’re dating me.”

 

“I actually don’t mind.” Kai mumbled.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Uhm, nothing. Jung Soojung, you’re not going there alone. That girl might not take it easily. I’ll be there to protect you.”

 

“Heh. You’re really funny.” Soojung chuckled, punching his arm.

 

“I mean it. By the looks of it, that girl won’t give in without a fight, Soojung.”

 

Soojung clenched her fists.

 

“I’m not giving up Amber Liu without a fight either.”

 

 

-----<3 

Kryber to finally properly meet on the next chap! Let's cheer on our Soojung-ah! ^_^