Lady, You're Not

Faultless

 

One girl screamed in bloodcurdling glee, breaking the hush of the crowd.

 

The announcement vibrated and echoed many times in her ears. Amber had called her name.

 

She jumped up and down in a fit of unending giggles; and soon all the cameras focused on her.

 

Her hair is a dyed blonde, and she looked quite unforgettable with shorts so short it showed off her toned thighs, and she donned a top so revealing her front looked practically begging for release. Her face wore makeup; too much that it’s an eye-sore.

 

Kwon Yuri almost choked at the sight. She knew something like this can happen. The picking was done randomly in order for it to create a buzz. But this one is going to be a challenge.

 

However, she knew that if Amber Liu can turn this one-week girlfriend from someone who looked like she came straight from a brothel to some nice and decent lady, this is going to ultimately, be perfect. And by all means, they intend to make PERFECT, happen.

 

“Oh my God this is the best moment of my life gaaaaaaaaah!” The girl couldn’t stop shrieking.

 

It was unmistakable. She is the girl Amber picked. Her giddiness proved it.

 

A look of irrefutable disappointment crossed Amber Liu’s face. It was a good thing that the cameras attended to the girl he picked, if not they would have caught on with the expression and it would have landed straight on the news.

 

‘Amber Liu, disappointed at the fangirl he picked to be his girlfriend for a week.’ That headline would have made Kwon Yuri’s head ache.

 

The idol craned his head to look for a girl. But she was nowhere in his line of vision. The sought-off girl had passed out not too long ago, and the guy beside her had quietly helped her up unnoticed.

 

“Yah Liu, assist her up the stage.” The radio in his ear played Yuri’s voice. She knew that look on Amber’s face. The plan may be disastrous after all.

 

Amber snapped out of her trance and assisted the girl up, holding her hand as she stepped on the flight of stairs. As soon as they reached the platform, she wrapped her jacket around the lady. The girl, very flattered with Amber’s thoughtfulness, wrapped her arms around him.

 

“Yes Amber I will! I accept! I will be your girlfriend!” She giggled happily, clutching at Amber’s shoulder. Her shrill voice was hurting Amber’s ears, but he flashed a smile for the cameras, gave her a swift peck in the cheek, and gave a final bow to the audience.

 

The idol-fan dating reality show has just begun. But Amber already wanted it to end right that instant.

 

“May I ask how I should call you? Jung Soojung is your name right?” Amber asked once they reached the dressing room. The girl is busy posing for the cameras.

 

Amber knew she won’t be getting much privacy, up until this week finally comes to an end.

 

“Oh. It’s not S. It’s not Soojung, you said it wrong. It’s Yoochung. My name is Jung Yoochung. But you can call me baby.” Her half-lidded smile made Amber’s stomach churn.

 

He might not survive the week.

 

-----<3

 

“Yul I can’t do this.” Amber phoned her manager the moment she got a chance alone, on the cubicle of a comfort room.

 

The girl is outside being interviewed by dozens of media personnel. They had arranged a small press conference right after the concert to announce the one-week romance, most parts of which will be broadcasted on national TV.

 

“Man up, Amber.” Yuri soothed.

 

“But I’m a girl. This is going to be difficult. Have you seen the way she’s behaving? She might me tonight for all you know.”

 

“Hah, you won’t be sleeping together. I’ll make sure of that. But her condo will be right next to yours, so be careful.”

 

“I don’t really think I can do this. I might put everything we’ve all worked hard for in jeopardy.”

 

“Josephine, concentrate. Just man up for a week. It will all be over soon and we can finally land that drama lead role. Just one last shot and you’ll be free. Aiden owes you big.”

 

“Yeah, I know.”

 

The line went silent for a few minutes, both girls thinking separately. They were a great pair; the two of them had conquered a lot to be where they are right now. But soon, Amber will have to disappear from the limelight. They both knew that time should come.

 

“And oh by the way, her name’s not Soojung. It’s Yoochung. Maybe she wasn’t even the girl I really picked.”

 

Yuri chuckled.

 

“But nobody complained Liu. If there is really a Soojung, where the hell is she?”

 

-----<3