Amber, the Idol

Faultless

 

The lights are blinding. The stage is beckoning.

 

But it is the deafening cheers coming from the thousands of expecting fans in the arena that is making a heart go wild.

 

The warmth of the crowd’s welcome is slowly and sweetly spreading through this one person like hot and freshly-brewed coffee on a cold and desolate rainy morning; with the taste of it lingering on the pit of the stomach.

 

“Mr. Liu, you’re live in five minutes.” The stage director knocked on the exclusive dressing room, not bothering to enter.

 

Nobody is allowed to go inside except the talent’s manager herself. It was the same old rule from over a year ago. And it was, still is, very much important.

 

“Mr. Liu...” The idol mumbled back, amused, but not for long. The bitter feeling is washing over again.

 

The door flew open and a raven-haired lady went inside, a smirk plastered teasingly on her face.

 

“Hey. You ready? Let’s go.” She chirped upon entry, giving Amber’s look a total once-over with her sharp and witty eyes.

 

“Do I really have to do it Kwon?”

 

“Of course! We already talked about this Amber. That way, the sceptical media will dismiss some doubts about you.”

 

“But what if the girl will know?”

 

“Let’s just do our best so that she wouldn’t.

 

Amber hummed in response.

 

In a few minutes, the idol will be in the spotlight. Free to live the dream, but not free to be HERSELF.

 

-----<3

 

Jung Soojung had been a mess.

 

She did not get a wink of sleep the whole of last night. She had been out cold thinking over and over about a certain guy, out imagining and replaying scenes in her head. What if she gets the rare chance of encountering him face to face? It’s a long shot, but it’s possible.

 

She might have started to get delusional, but then again, that’s the effect of Amber Liu. She gets too worked up and flushed just at the thought of finally seeing him for real, without a computer monitor or a television screen separating their bodies.

 

She knows, though, that she isn’t the only one going crazy for what’s in store tonight. With that thought making her face cringe, the phone rang.

 

“Jung!” Key exclaimed on the other line. The tone of his voice teasing.

 

“Yes Kibummie?” The girl quirkily replied.

 

“Well, I just wanted to say sorry for not being able to go with you and to wish you good luck. Maybe you get to touch his hand or something. Bwahahaha”

 

“Help me. What do I wear?” Soojung rumbled, eyes scanning the array of clothes splayed on the bed, on the floor, along the walls.

 

“You look good in absolutely anything dear. That shouldn’t be a problem.”

 

“Heh, you sugar-tongue.”

 

“But if you want to look dead stunning, pick one that shows off your gorgeous s-line Jung. Anyone will go drooling.”

 

“Anyone but you.”

 

Key’s raucous laughter rang loud until the call ended.

 

And so Jung Soojung dressed in a figure-hugging red dress, ready to send Amber Liu drooling.

 

But will he notice her?

 

-----<3

Five comments and I'll post the next chappie.

Thank you to all who subscribed! You 40 are amazing.

 

xoxo

ShinShin