Prolog

Story, that doesn't have a title D:

It’s all started with this stupid Chanyeol and Jongdae prank.
They were arguing just before the performance. Firstly all because this mean comments from Jongdae and unbearable loud and annoying Chanyeol’s laught. Then Chanyeaol was mad at Tao because… well it’s not really hard to be mad at Tao. He probably did something childish again and Junmyeon didn’t inquire as long as they stop fighting for God’s sake! He told them to make up immediately and act like the adults. They didn’t. Well they‘d shuted up but both Chanyeol and Jongdae stayed away from sulking for the rest of the world Zitao. When they finally got on the scene everything went perfectly. Till the moment when Tao tripped Chanyeol and gigant just fell in a heap on a stage. Of course M’s maknae immediately started to apology and helped Chanyeol as if it was just an accident. But it wasn’t and every from those twelve men known it. Never the less both just smiled and laughed about it and turned it into a joke. They all were professionals after all.

And when Junmyeon though it was going to end (bc Chanyeol seemed to forgot about revenge) this whole started. Jongdae came up with a ‘brilliant’ idea. So they did their Chanyeol-Jongdae-thing. They spend whole night before next performance with needles and threads. On the next day Tao claimed that his trousers didn’t fit him well and they were to tight, but Suho said that is not possible, because he tried them the day before and everything was alright. Tao complained about it for some more time but it was cut out as they didn’t have time for any changes then. During their performance Junmyeon saw Tao’s trousers tore in one of dance move just in front of him. Fortunately nobody noticed that or he hoped so. But it was just a matter of time for one (or more) of their psycho-sasaengs-fans catch it on video while watching it like seventieth times in row, analyzing every single frame under the magnifying glass. So Tao bare it pretty well, but just after they’d got off the stage, he burst into tears. To made things worse both Chanyeol and Jongdae made this stupid comments about Zitao’s fat and that maybe he should go on a diet.
Junmyeon couldn’t imagine it as Tao was eating like five men, so he just said him to ignore those douchebags and don’t worry.

 


Few weeks had passed and they finally saw their new choreography. Tony Testa was giving them roles, when Jun focused at Tao. Something was wrong. He noticed earlier, that M’s maknae started to acting weird, but…
“…yeon-ssi? Junmyeon-ssi, you’ll go up, okay?”
“Ah, yes, of course.”
“Same for you Minseok-ssi. And finally the base… I think Tao and Kyungsoo, okay? Strong legs are needed.” He chuckled.
Jun looked at Tao concerned. But boy only nodded. Choreographer started to explain every part and positions.
“Well then! Everyone knows what to do? Let’s get started!”
Tao made a lot of mistakes. It was amusing, because he was the one, who catch choreos really fast, same as Kai and Lay. When Tony decided it’s time for separate practice, whole M was sitting under the mirrors and observing. Junmyeon had a little problem with concentration, as he was staring at Tao. He looked much more tired than rest of them. Finally they changed places. Now Jun’s eyes was fixed at Tao, who was the reason, that Xiumin was laying on the floor right now. Again.
“Come on, Tao! What’s wrong with you? When did you join Chanyeol-Jongdae-Junmyeon line, huh?”
“Sorry…” boy replied, panting more than he’s suppose to after that kind of effort. His skinny legs were trembling. “I’m just tired.”
“As everyone here. You are not some kind of grandpa, so pick yourself up!”
“Yes, sir.”
“Again!”

Now, when Jun was watching him during their dance practice, he noticed, that something was wrong. Well, Zitao always was pretty thin. Yet he’d never looked weak. All thanks to his wushu-thing. But had he always been that skinny? Because, come on, he was just skin and bones now. His moves was sloppy, not elegant and precise like Jun remembered. His dark circles under the eyes seemed to be more visible. Okay everybody looked tired due to their comeback but Tao looked like he could faint in any moment. As Junmyeon thought now, he didn’t remember when he saw Tao eating last time. Well, there was a mess and chaos, everyone was strolling like a zombie, dreaming about warm bed as soon as they reached dorm. Although Jun always reminded them to eat properly and insisted on shared meals. Yet Zitao had this sulking princess mode recently and he refuse to spend any extra time with them, taking his food to the room. Not like it was first time, because he was missing home so badly and among all Chinese members he bared it the worst. And lately it was hard to make a simple phone call because of lack of time. Taozi hadn’t been looking for comfort anymore either. He’d known everyone was tired and got their own problems. So Jun barley had seen Tao outside the studio in past month. But it hadn’t skipped his attention, that something had changed in panda’s behavior and way he was dressing „only baggy, long-sleeved shirts and long trousers. He put a lot of layers on himself, like he’s all the time cold. On a second thought boy also was disappearing somewhere after practices, showing up in car all changed. He didn’t want to take a shower with others either.
Yes, certainly something was wrong with Huang Zitao and Junmyeon cursed himself for not noticing that fact or maybe ignoring it.

He pushed himself from the floor, as everyone started to leave. He stopped Tao by the entrance by putting his hand on panda’s chest. It felt so fragile under his touch.
“Wait.”
M’s maknae gave him an angry glare.
“What’s up, hyung?”
Baekhyun, Yifan and Kyungsoo passed them with raised eyebrows but eventually they was left alone. As room was empty Junmyeon asked.
“What’s the matter with you recently, Tao?”
“Everything is fine.”
Boy tried to pass him, but leader blocked the way.
“No, it’s not.”
“It is. I’m just tired as everyone. Leave it, hyung.”
But Suho didn’t look convinced, crossing his arms. Tao pressed his lips into a thin line.
“I’m also missing home. No need to worry.” He pushed himself through the door.
Jun sighed and followed him to locker room.
“Tao.”
“I have nothing to say, hyung. Just leave me alone.”
Younger came in like a whirlwind, grabbed his sport bag and slipped through Suho’s fingers.
“Tao!”
But boy disappeared around the corner.
“That rascal…”
“Chill hyung. That’s typical for princess Taozirella.” Jongdae smirked at him.
“Yeah, no need to worry! Not like it’s first time. „Baekhyun added.
“But it’s worst than ever…”
“It’d been long since we saw our families, Junmyeon. He’s still like a child.” Kris smiled calmly.
“I know, I know, but don’t you think that something is wrong?”
“Well, I would said, that he lost some weight recently. But preparing for comeback is tiring and he’s got his new wushu choreography.” Xiumin patted his shoulder.
“Maybe this time he won’t tire his trousers apart.” Jongdae chuckled and Kris smashed his head.
“Ouch!”
“You’re just overreacting, when it comes to maknaes, hyung.” Chanyeol grinned.
“Am I?” Junmyeon frowned. “Maybe you’re right. Okay then, let’s go home!”
But they weren’t right. And he knew it, so he was going to solve this issue.