Fighting with yourself

The Past

IN JINRI'S ROOM

 

"Jinri, no matter how hard you try to deny it someone else would take over my place when the time has come.

 

"No matter what everyone else say about you, he will always stand by your side just like how I am when I was alive."

 

"When he comes to you, promise me that you will never hurt him because of me."

 

"Because if you hurt him, they will be nobody else will stand by your side."

"Nobody else except him."

 

"So, before the time comes, prepare yourself to forget me, to be loved again. I beg you, Jinri. "

 

"For the sake of your own happiness, start forgetting me before it's too late.."

 

Jinri sat on her bed in the darkness trying very hard to churn what she dreamt about. Why does Junsu ask her to forget him? How can she forget him easily when he was the only one in her life? Was this a punishment for killing him? If not, why is he coming into her dream all these night?

 

This is not the first time Jinri dreamt of Junsu. After her breath becoming normal, she hugged her pillow tight feeling both confused and scared. She didn't want and coldn’t get over him. She want to prove him that he was the only one in her life. But why did he beg her to forget him so that no one else will get hurt? Who will get hurt if she continue longing for Junsu?

 

After a few hours passes, Jinri fell asleep with tears flowing down her cheeks.

 

 

************

 

 

"Madam, are you okay? Do you want me to call the doctor?"

 

The maid asked her worriedly. This is not the first question from her. She had been asking her the question over and over again since this morning.

 

Jinri didn't want to answer it. She just didn't feel like she should. She didn't think she is okay nor that she want her to call the doctor. She wanted to meet him right now. At this instant. She wanted to hug him asking for his protection. She wanted him to sit next to her confirming her that he is alright and that she can be relaxed. She missed him so much.

 

Junsu, please come to me. Don't go away from my life. I need you.

 

Another drops of tears fell onto her pillow.

 

She couldn't think wisely at that moment. Somehow she thought that Junsu was with her right now wanting to talk to her so bad. But another side of her didn't want to meet him scared that he would end up accusing her for his death.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

TOKYO - BAEKHYUN'S ROOM

 

“Baekhyun, you still keep your promise to protect her right? Never let her feel down. Always be beside her. Forgive her if she ever hurt you because she never meant to make you upset. Remember that I will always love you no matter what your decision is to protect her.”

 

Baekhyun woke up finding himself on his bed in Japan. He stared hard at the wall trying to define the dream.

 

“Hyung, if you really love her, why you left her in the first place. No matter what I do to protect her, I am not the same as you are. For her, your protection is the most secured one. If you protect her, come hell or high water, she would always survive because she was with you. I am not you. She loves you with all her might. Help me hyung….”

 

Baekhyun felt miserable. The fact that he left his friends worrying about him this entire time, make he felt helpless. The fact that he cannot tell them what he was hiding was killing him really slowly. The fact that he cannot make them less worried starting to drive himself mad.

 

What Suho, D.O. and Chanyeol know were just on the tip of the ice. There are many other things that had only been known by him himself. No matter how things were hard for him now, he decided only for himself.

 

That night he remembered the conversation with Sehun…

 

Please wait a little bit longer. The truth will be revealed when the times come…

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

TOKYO - SEHUN

 

Sehun sighed. He had been using his brain more than usual this few days. After their conversation that day, it seems like Baekhyun really want to keep the reason for his action by himself. But he, needed to know the truth so that he can support Baekhyun’s action and not being against him.

 

After arguing over Baekhyun’s decision to married Jinri for a very long time, Sehun felt that it is no use to fight Baekhyun. Baekhyun was never the type to make things difficult to others. Sehun also realized that Baekhyun had nothing to win by marrying her. Marrying Jinri will only affected Baekhyun’s life in a very bad way. Baekhyun became a very quiet and unusual person to them, the members. Although the other members decided to leave him alone, Sehun was unsatisfied by the fact that Baekhyun was willing to sacrifice himself.

 

That’s why, he decided to ask Baekhyun the truth behind all of his action for protecting Jinri on that day........

 

All of the EXO members were taking a break after finishing the recording for today's music show. They were given time to loosen up before practicing over and over again. While all the other members were joking to each other, Baekhyun, looking very anxious continuously flipping his phone. He then decided to go to the washroom instead af stuffing his mind with all of the nonsense.

He took his step outside the practice room towards the washroom. There were so many stuff happen lately that they never got a chance to discuss about it. Note, that they actually got a lot of chances but both of them avoided it. Whatever his reaseon is, he would never approve of his decision.........

 

“Hyung, do you live a happy life now?”

 

He asked awkwardly. It’s been a while since he last talked with Baekhyun. He used to talk a lot about his problem with Baekhyun as his bright personality make him more comfortable to be with. But, not after Junsu died.

 

Baekhyun stay silent. Letting Sehun say what he wanted to say. It’s been a while since he heard Sehun talked to him with that kind of tone. A questioning tone. Not the one that aiming to insult. After his marriage with Jinri, Sehun always asked him the reason behind it and being mad at him as he stay silence. And, Baekhyun actually missed s more than anything despite meeting them during practice every day.

 

Looking at Baekhyun that kept silent, Sehun said,

 

“You don’t look so happy, hyung. All of the members including me want you to be happy. Although I always being against your marriage, if it make you happy than we will always be happy for you. But the thing is, I don’t think you are happy. That fact, make me wonder why on earth are you marrying her if you know that you will not be happy?”

 

Before Baekhyun could answer his question, Sehun continued,

 

“Besides, I think you know that Jinri loves Junsu hyung so much. Both of you didn’t love each other. So what did you get from this marriage, please tell me so that I can always support you. If you didn’t want to tell me than tell the members that were closest to you. We are all willing to help you.”

 

Baekhyun sighed heavily. He know that all of the members were willing to help him if he ask for their help. The thing is, he don’t think he was brave enough to tell them the truth.

 

Their conversation end as Tao and Chanyeol looked for them to continue their practice.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sehun was thinking very hard on what he should do. The only way left was to believe in Baekhyun and supporting him no matter how ridiculous his reason seems to be. Sehun nodded finally agreeing with his decision after a few hours fighting with himself.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

SEOUL 

 

Baekhyun rushed home. His driver told him that it has been a week since Jinri caught a cold. He also told him that Jinri asked them to not interrupt his work and she didn’t want to see a doctor.

 

Did something bad happen to her?

 

Or is it only a cold?

 

His workers said that nothing wrong before Jinri catch the cold. He was so worried. Upon arriving his home, Baekhyun immediately went into the house toward Jinri’s room. There, he see Jinri was sleeping soundly. Her face was so pale. And she looked like she had been losing weight since the last time he saw her.

 

Baekhyun moved toward Jinri’s bed quietly not wanting to wake her up. Slowly, he placed his hand on her forehead.

 

Her cold seemed to have cool down.

 

Baekhyun felt relieved. He stared at Jinri for a long time before noticing something.

 

Flowing from Jinri’s eyes were tears. It flew slowly but nonstopped.

 

Baekhyun didn’t felt the need to wake her up, instead he watched Jinri carefully.

 

Don’t leave me alone…..

 

Baekhyun startled hearing the statement

 

But hearing the next word….

 

 

Junsu……

 

He settled down.

___________________________________________________________________

 

Author's note:

I hope you guys like this update

Sorry for spelling , grammar and vocabulary errors.

Kindly give me feedback so that I can improve my writing.

I Love You All~~~~