Next..

The Past

All of the Exo members were gathering in the dining except for Baekhyun as he was still at his house and would only join them later for their comeback showcase. 

"As all of us know, we need to come out with a plan for Baekhyun's birthday. Though we were busy with our comeback, I really think that it is a must for us to celebrate it as he was very depressed because of all kind of problems. So, does anyone has a plan?" Suho asked the other members.

There was no need to tell them on how and why Baekhyun had changed very much from his oldself. All of them knew that he was suffering when Junsu passed away and even more with all sorts of scandal he get as well as the marriage itself.

"As all of us were involved on tomorrow event, and our schedule are full, let's just keep it simple. Let's just prepare for a feast and ask Baekhyun to join us at our dorm tomorrow." Kai tried to come out with an idea.

" But I don't think it's possible though because we all know that Baekhyun returned to his home as soon as our schedule ended." Suho objected Kai's suggestion.

After giving his sign to D.O., Chanyeol took a deep breath and gave his own opinion.

"Then, how about doing the surprise party at their house. I'm sure Jinri will help us if we need."

The room was in silence as everybody was so surprised at Chanyeol's plan.

Tao immediately opposed the idea.

"No way, she can't involve in this event. I don't like it."

Sehun added to support Tao's point, "I don't understand why we should get her involve in Baekhyun hyung's birthday. They were only married because Hyung's dad asked him to. She'll ruin the party completely. I don't even think Baekhyun hyung loves to have her around in his birthday party."

Suho thought about the plan before decided, 'I think we should involve her. Our schedule is so packed that we can't effort to prepare for it. We can asked Jinri to set up the place while we prepare for the food. What do you guys think?"

Luhan gave his agreement. "I think it was the most suitable plan for us. Just make sure that she didn't feel burden to prepare for the party since we were asking for her help."

Lay, Xiumin and Kai nodded as they were all agree with  the final decision. Though receiving a strong opposition from Sehun and Tao, Suho called Jinri and asked for her minimal help.

"Jinri ah, can you please help us to hold a small birthday party for Baekhyun… I know that you were not comfortable around us but can you please… help us for this time. We didn't want to give you burden but our schedule was so pack that we couldn't effort to prepare for the party by ourselves."

 

Suho asked for Jinri's help. On the other hand, Jinri found no reason to decline to help them. That is the least she can do for the members who did so much for her during her hard time. Though they never really show to her that they actually support her for whatever decision she made, she can actually sense it as all of her hard time is easier than what she thought it had to be. The hyungs moreover, had gave her so much protection whenever the maknae line want to say something bad to her…

 

Jinri decorate their house as nice as she can as she knew that the members were already tired the moment they were back from their schedule.. As the time past, she became nervous as she should meet all of them again after a very long time since she was married with Baekhyun.

 

Feeling pathetic as she already is, she sighed. How can she did this to Junsu's  favourite junior? She can't even bear to think of it as it make her look very pathetic then she already is. That very thought never fail to come to her mind whenever she think about EXO. As well as she didn't know what the marriage did to her life, she also didn't know how would this marriage effect Baekhyun's life nor that she was that brave to actually ask him that kind of question… She always wanted to tell him that she wouldn't even bother him if he choose to date. She also want to tell him that he should have fun like all the others man around his age did and also not to think of her as his burden.

 

Her life was devoted to Junsu… She already closed her door of her heart a long time ago. She didn't deserve to be love after what she had done to Junsu.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Baekhyun walked between Chanyeol and D.O. He just staring at nowhere without any thought. No one knew what is in his mind.

 

Chanyeol and D.O. who accompanied him looking at each other worriedly. As they have heard the conversation between Baekhyun and Junsu, they always had this doubt that whatever make him suffer part of it must be because of the responsibility their senior gave to him.

 

Baekhyun was being indifferent to others. Chanyeol noticed it way before Junsu's death but it worsen as Junsu left them. And the marriage made Baekhyun to the very opposite of what he was before. Though he incharged of being the group happy virus, he couldn't bear to ask Baekhyun any of the question inside his mind as he knew that it is better to Baekhyun if he just be supportive at time like this.

 

But today was Baekhyun's birthday. If last year, at this day you can hear his voice asking for a present from all of the members, nagging them on how can they be so ignorant of his birthday, this year, you'll never hear his voice unless you ask him question and which the answer he give was only yes or no or worse just a nod.

 

No one actually knew what his problem was actually. Only he, Baekhyun knew it. And only he can help himself.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The drive to Baekhyun’s house filled with anxiousity of certain members. What if Baekhyun just nod to their surprise. What if the maknae line saying something that were not very nice to hear to Jinri. It may lead Baekhyun to get angry and eventually ruin the party. Some of them were very tired by the very very packed schedule and slept soundly in the car.

Jinri opened the door as the EXO members had arrived holding a cake with lit candle on it. The members automatically sang the birthday song while clapping… Baekhyun on the other hand looked confused at first but turned his surprised face to a smile. They ate the cake and chatted a lot that night. And Baekhyun that night was like the incarnation of the old one. The old Baekhyun that always smile no matter what happen to him and no matter how large was the tide... They played that night till they were exhausted before their manager asked the other members to return home as they had to work early tomorrow as well.

 Suho released a long deep sigh as the party was over without any bad incident happen to any of them as well as Baekhyun’s positive reaction towards their surprise. Luckily, Sehun and Tao didn’t find that blaming Jinri at the party was a good idea. Suho held his mug and took a sip of water in it. The other members were already asleep as they went through a tough day. He on the other hand wanted to actually have a deep conversation with his leadermate, Kris though he was not a really good listener. Though he couldn’t tell Kris that Junsu gave Baekhyun such a big responsibility to protect Jinri, Suho wanted to know Kris’ perspective in this kind of situation. At least, Kris could at least give him some sort of idea to stop the maknaes from blaming Jinri as well as how to make Baekhyun smile again.

Jinri was tidying up their place after the members went home while Baekhyun took a rest. She remembered vividly how Baekhyun talked a lot and was kidding with s. As she could remember, it had been a long time since Baekhyun last laugh, smile and talk like that. Again, she felt responsible on what she had done to his life. It is a relief that Baekhyun was like the normal one tonight. They were in a really big trouble if he act indifferently at them after what the members had work hard for.

Baekhyun took a short bath before changing to his sleep attire. It has been a very long time since he laughed like what he did a few minutes ago. Of course he knew and was pretty sure that the members took a lot of effort to make this party possible amidst their comeback. To be honest, he really missed those times when he could make fun of the members and tease them with Chanyeol and Chen and sometimes Sehun as well. But he didn’t know if he should actually keep himself silence or took action for whatever the problem he face in his mind.. He knew that by keeping it by himself, he was making the members worried though he become noisy when the camera was rolling for the sake of their fans. But he didn’t have any courage to talk to them nor that he had any to face Jinri. Those thought keep lingering on his mind whenever he was about to feel peace. What should he do for his own happiness for the day after this?

He quit his thought and went downstairs.

Jinri was still cleaning up the mess that they had done during the party. She seemed shocked when she noticed that Baekhyun came back downstairs.

“Take a good rest. I can finish this by myself. You have a tight schedule tomorrow. Lack of sleep isn’t good for your health.” Jinri said as she could see that although Baekhyun wanted to help her, his eyes didn’t want to cooperate with him. He looks like he would black out any time soon.

Baekhyun however insisted in helping her as there was nothing much left to do.

They became silence. The only sound that can be hear was the ceiling fan. Both of them had a lot to say in their mind but neither one of them were brave enough to break the silence. As the two of them fighting with themselves, they finished rearranging the places. Soon, they found themselves nodded to each other and went into their own room without slipping any of the words in their mind.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

All of the EXO members were taking a break after finished the recording for today’s music show. They were given time to loosen up before practicing over and over again. While all the other members were joking to each other, Baekhyun looking very anxious continuously flipping his phone. He then decided to go to the washroom instead of stuffing his mind with all the nonsense.

 

He took his steps outside the practice room towards the washroom. There were so many stuff happen lately but they never got a chance to discuss about it. Note that they actually have a lot of chance but both of them avoided it. Whatever his reason is, he would never approve of his decision.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Where are them? Anyone seen them during the break? We should start our rehearsal soon.”

 Chanyeol and Tao walked out looking for the missing members. While waiting, Sehun came back as took some air as his excuses. Chanyeol and Tao then came back with Baekhyun. Without waiting, Kai immediately started the practice. And it was held for at least 8 hours without actually resting…

“Kai, let’s take a break. We had done more than we usually are.” Suho told Kai. Kai then nodded and walked towards the speaker before stopping the song.

“Arghhh. My throat began to hurt with all this practice.” Chen asking for someone’s mercy. He then took a look at Baekhyun who just stare at the mirror blankly. Usually he was the one who had the most complained saying that those high notes are killing him and that someone should take turns with him to reach the high notes. But these days, Baekhyun never complained anything. He just did whatever you want him to do. Though all of them should be happy that they were no noisy voices when it comes to practice, all of them were starting to miss all the witty marks he gave to each of them. Besides, Baekhyun gave his all out when they performed and for this comeback, he never cracked his voice nor that he messed up with his choreography. The only thing lack in his performance is he was lack of emotions. Luckily, none of the fans seems to ask them.

 

Comeback soon Byun Baekhyun…..

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Baekhyun sighed knowing that he had no reason to not attend SMTOWN concert in Japan. Their fans will be in a lot of worry when they announce that he will not take part at the concert. Hence, he didn’t have any other choice than to perform at the concert. He was worried about Jinri as his driver told him not long ago that there were a couple of time, Junsu’s mom met with Jinri on her way to work which is why he didn’t allow her to work. But of course, he knew that Jinri felt boring and unsettled if she just sit at home doing nothing. As Junsu’s mom knew about her work, Baekhyun was concerned that she will do harm to Jinri. That, will made him responsible for not being with her when she needed someone. While he was deciding on what should he do, he didn’t realize that Jinri went into his room.

Jinri went into Baekhyun after knocking few times without answers. She was very curious of what Baekhyun did to not aware of her existence. She saw Baekhyun was staring at a piece of paper without a blink.

SMTOWN CONCERT IN TOKYO

Jinri immediately knew Baekhyun’s concern. “Baekhyun ah, its’ okay here. No one can harm me. Just go there and comeback safely. You don’t need to worry about me. I can help myself. I promise to you to never go anywhere alone. You shouldn’t be thinking hard about that afterall.”Jinri’s voice surprised Baekhyun.

“Are you sure that you’ll gonna be okay here. Remember not to go anywhere alone and always remember to call me or any of the members if you need help.”Baekhyun told Jinri. He was really worried about Junsu’s mom. Though Jinri would never tell him about her, he need to make sure that nothing bad gonna happen to her.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Baekhyun went to Japan with nervous feeling. He had asked his workers to immediately call him when somethings happen.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's note here....

Hey guys... Its been a while since I last update for this story. I am really sorry that I break my promise as I say that I would update as soon as I got my driving license. The thing is I am ver bad at driving thus made me failed twice before succeeding in getting my license. And I need to prepare for my college entrance as soon as I get my license which made tha situation even worse..

Anyway I really hope I can make up for that with this update.. I was in front of my laptop for the whole entire day but it still doesn't seem to be my best update. But REally really thank you for all of your support to me even though I am a really bad writer... I hope that you guys can continue to support me and EXO members in particular and KPOP bands in general.. Please please please comment as it is my source of support.. 

Hope to see you guys soon and remember this....

I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!!