The right choice- Before II (Part 2)

Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul was a completely new challenge for you. You had never gone away, your hometown, so to go to the capital of Korea, which was larger and had so many people, was defiantly something new and scary at the same time.

You went to Busan once and was awed with its largesse so how Seoul would be?

You called Hongbin the day before you went to soul for help as he had been there for a year.

He started off with a small job and then found a better one in Seoul, which led you to hate Seoul more. You felt that it took every important person in your life. 

As much as you hated going there as much as you were excited to see Hongbin again. He was visiting you, but once in two months, which made you miss him badly.

Your friendship was something important to you and actually your heart betrayed you many times and raised for him. Fast and loud. But you never dated him again, basically frightened to hurt him for the nth time. You knew he was hurting at the moment, but you wished he could move on and find someone better than you.

 

Sitting in the cafe that Hongbin gave its address to you. The cafe looked bigger than the one you had in your hometown. Still, it somehow felt cozy and comfortable. You thought it would be great to go there from time to time.

You opened a book that you started to read days ago, waiting for him.

Since you know nothing about Seoul you waited patiently for Hongbin to guide you.

The book you were reading was interesting that you couldn't leave it alone, it was recommended by Hongbin the last time you called him before telling him about your job in Seoul. After that you bought it and it caught you in its letters and your imagination went far with its words.

It was an action, fantasy and romance novel that was talking about a girl who had supernatural power and it was in her touch. You admired how she fought her fate that she didn't know if she was a monster or an alien. But all she knew that she wasn't normal and wished to be normal. She reminded you of yourself. You sometimes thought of yourself as a monster for hurting those who loved you without noticing. But the difference was that she was fighting while you were running away.

You heard a clearing throat next to you, your eyes lifted the book and looked up.

A smile form on your face as your best friend was standing just next to you.

"Is this seat empty?" He gave you his dimple smile that you had always loved, pointing at the chair opposite to you. 

Without answering, you jumped from your seat and hugged Hongbin right away, making Hongbin chuckle and hug you back.

You couldn't deny that you missed him so much, he hadn't come to your hometown for 4 months and it almost killed you. Fortunately, he called every day and he never cut communication with you.

 

"I missed you." He tightened his grip around you before pulling away and sit in front of you.

"How could you not visit those whole 4 months?" You scolded him, hitting his arm playfully.

"Sorry, Sorry" he giggled, and pointed at the book over the table with a smirk. "Someone is interested in this book too." He held it and opened it. You still had a few chapter lift he narrowed his eyes and gave you the book back. "Someone is so slow, you know."

"I'm not slow." You snorted.

"I didn't say it's you." He giggled and you hit him again but painfully this time.

"Hongbin stop teasing me." You glared and he nodded, giggling. "Okay, fine, I'm sorry."

He held your hand that hit him, suddenly, making you jump a little from the surprise you never expected this coming.

You looked at your hands and tried to pull yours from his but he held it tightly not allowing you to do so.

"Yah, let go." You said half smiling, half scolding. "People will misunderstand."

"Just let them." He said smiling at you brightly. "I just come to hold your hands again after a long time."

"Eih~" you scoffed and rolled your eyes.

"Have you ordered something?"

 "No, I was waiting for you."

"Just say that I have great taste in books that you couldn't leave it alone." He said a matter of fact. But that wasn't really the reason.

"Okay, I will not deny your taste in books is really great and interesting, but I was really waiting for you."

"Fine then." He smiled, satisfied with your words and he turned to call the waiter.

He ordered two American coffees and two chocolate cakes. Coffee and chocolate were your favorite desse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter