The right choice- Before II (Part 1)

Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Looking one more time at the house you were living in, seeing everything were in their right place, and making sure you didn't let anything behind before pulling your bags and closing the door behind you.

You put your bags in the car and turned to look at the house that carried every memory you had in it. From the day you were born to the day you were a grown up woman, who had worked, making her living expenses and responsible for her own life.

You leaned on your car, folding your arms as you recalled the day when you were running in the neighborhood innocently playing around with your neighbors.

You couldn't believe that you were leaving it after 27 years of living there.

You opened the door and took your seat at the driver seat before starting the engine and accelerated.

You were on your way to Seoul after getting promoted in your job. You heard about it, but you never thought that they would make you leave your city and went to another. Especially Seoul, the one that you afraid the most to go to;

2 days ago…

You worked at an advertisement designing company after you graduated from the university.

You were working on your computer for new project your company was working on, when one your collage, Hyo Rae, who sit next to you, sat at her desk with a loud sigh that made you look at her with concern.

"Something wrong?" You asked.

"No." She smiled at her as she stretched her arms behind her neck. "Just tired and hungry."

"Ah" you nodded, returning back to your computer. "You should take a break then."

"It's my line." She snorted. "You never take a break, girl. Take it easy."

"I'm fine." You smiled. Your hand reached in your desk drawer and took a bar of chocolate from it and gave it to her. "Here, cheer up”

“Thanks,” she took it, smiling and opened it. Before she could taste it, she returned to you. “Ah! Right. I think you’re getting a promotion soon.”

You chuckled, “what are you talking about?”

“Really, I heard the manger taking about promotions and your name come with it.” She said and took a bite from the chocolate.

“You most have misunderstood.” You said, tapping on your computer, with a smile. You tried not show how much you wanted this promotion. After all, you worked hard to get promoted in a young age. So you secretly hoped that she was right.  

“But, I’m sure thought” she murmured as she opened her computer and started doing her work.

In the afternoon, you were coping some important paper that was needed, when one of your coworkers, tapped your shoulder.

You looked up at him, confused.

“The manager wants you in his office now.” Once you heard the manager, you became nervous and worried at the same time.

“ME!!” you exclaimed, pointing at yourself, thinking of what Hyo Rae just told you hours ago. Could it be that she is right?

“Yes, he’s waiting for you right now.”

“Okay, thank you.” You bowed slightly before he left.

You nervously went back to your desk. Hyo Rae noticed your nervous and worried behavior, wondering what had happened to you. Your hands were shaking slightly and you were your lips too much. “Are you okay?” she asked.

“Yes… I think.” You said and handed her the papers. “Sorry, but could you finish that for me.”

“Y-yeah, sure.” She smiled and took them from you. Before she could ask you what was wrong, you already had left, to the manager’s office.

Your heart was beating fast as your hand reached for the door knob. You gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter