Chapter three

Silence Kills

Chapter 3

Kyungsoo’s POV

Kyungsoo woke up with pang in his heart and a headache caused by the dream he had last night.

He had dreamt that he was a lonely planet and Kai, the enormous Sun; and each time he would rotate around the burning hot ball of light that was his one and only love, he would get closer and closer to it, until one day, he got so close that he could actually touch the flames sprouted by the Sun and feel its warmth spread across his frozen and vacant surface, causing the ice to melt and the lonely planet that was him to become more appealing to many life forms and inhabitable too. And so as Kyungsoo relished the idea of finally having some form of life to inhabit his once cold and empty landscape, he started to get closer and closer to the burning light of the hot sun and without even realising it, he became doused by its heat and he began to crumble under the torrent of scorching rays that he could no longer detach himself from. His landscape became nothing but burning flames as what little life that had come to inhabit him and call him their home disappeared. He had gotten too close to a burning flame and so… he had gotten burnt.

What once was a cold and desolate planet had become warm, and then hot to the point of explosion.

Kyungsoo woke up from that dream with buckets of sweat running down his face and dampening the t-shirt he had fallen asleep in.

He could not have been more displeased with what his subconscious was telling him.

Kai couldn’t possibly be the end of his metaphorical planet; Kyungsoo new better than to get to close to someone he was far beneath. He was well aware of just how bright Kai’s light could shine and well, just how hot he was, so he would be careful not to make that orbit around his axis until he knew he could handle the heat.

Tired as he still remained, Kyungsoo got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to get himself washed up and ready for school. He could tell that today would be a long day and what better way to start it off than with the homework he had left unattended the previous night.

Sitting at the kitchen table with a spoon of cereal in his mouth and his hands busying themselves with his books, Kyungsoo is surprised to hear the sound of the doorbell ringing. He looks at the time and sees that he only has ten minutes before he has to leave and so he decides to pack his book in his bag and throw it onto his back before answering the door. His parents left for work half an hour ago and so he was left with the task of locking up when he left. Kyungsoo grabbed the key off the kitchen counter, his bowl of cereal long forgotten and left unfinished on the kitchen table, and he headed to the front door, swinging it open without checking who was there first.

“Hi” Kyungsoo was greeted by the most upsetting sight in his entire life: Kai was standing at his door with the biggest grin on his face and Kyungsoo couldn’t help the shivers that travelled the length of his spine because of it.

Without a moment’s hesitation, Kyungsoo shut the door and locked it. He couldn’t believe his eyes. Was it really Kim Jongin that was standing at his front door?!

Kai’s POV:

Thinking that he would perhaps get a better response today unlike the previous day, Kai strapped on his backpack and headed out the house and over to Kyungsoo’s house. He had only managed to get a single word out of the boy before but today he was determined to get at least a simple conversation.

Kai stood facing the front door of Kyungsoo’s house. This would be it; he would finally have a proper conversation with the boy next door. He pressed the door bell and listened to the sound echo inside the house. With the way it was so quiet inside, he wondered if anyone was even home still.

Had Kyungsoo already left for school?

Kai didn’t know what time the boy usually left and so he opted to wait a few minutes before giving up and heading to school by himself.

A few minutes passed and nobody came to answer the door. Kai was just about to press the doorbell again when he heard shuffling from inside and figured that someone was finally coming to see who was there.

When Kyungsoo threw the door open Kai greeted him with the biggest and brightest smile he could possibly muster and a cheerful “Hi”.

He was disappointed, however, to be greeted back by Kyungsoo’s wide-eyed and shocked expression and the door being slammed in his face before he got the chance to say anything more.

The action of the boy inside the house confused him profusely. Was Kyungsoo that against talking to him that he would slam the door in his face instead of greeting him back and walking to school with him?

Kai stood outside of Kyungsoo’s door for a few minutes thinking on what he could have possibly done for this boy to be so against befriending him. After realising that Kyungsoo was not going to come out until he was gone, Kai decided to make his way to school alone, opting to leave rather than wait for Kyungsoo to come out because he didn’t want to make the boy late by delaying him for too long with his presences.

As Kai made his way to school, he couldn’t help but feel a little more than just deflated at how disappointing his morning had already turned out. All he wanted to do was talk to the boy but it seemed that Kyungsoo didn’t want to talk to him. Maybe he would have better luck if he tried catching him off guard during the school day by approaching him when he least expected.

Despite his earlier disappointment, Kai was still determined to talk to Kyungsoo. He would not let s silly thing such as a door being slammed in his face stop him!

***

Hi everyone. Sorry for the wait for an update for this fic. I just recently started school again and I‘ve been tired and busy so…

I will try to update every Friday or Saturday for this fic, depending on how tired or busy I am on Fridays you may or may not get an update both Friday and Saturday.

I won’t make you wait too long for updates. A week, and if I’m really busy two weeks, at most.

I have a ton of other fics that I’m working on so I’ll try to not let that slow me down.

Anywhoo, what did you think of this chapt??

I know there hasn’t been much development yet but I’d really like to hear what you think so far and what you think I have in store for you with this fic.

Thank you to my subbies for supporting and any silent readers, I appreciate you too.

I hope you enjoyed this chapt and look forward to the next one.

‘Til next time :)