Chapter two

Silence Kills

Chapter 2

Kyungsoo’s POV:

So many years of not being notice and today just had to be the day that they met for the first time. Kyungsoo always imagined that his first actual encounter with his long time crush would have been much, much better than having to spend the afternoon in detention with him only to lose his voice when it was most important for him to speak up.

At least he had managed to tell him his name- though that could also turnout to be a bad thing because what if Kai decided that he didn’t like him and wanted to exact revenge upon him for landing them up in detention earlier today? What would Kyungsoo do then? All Kai would have to do would be to ask if anyone knew a guy named Kyungsoo and any nerd in the school would instantly point him out in a matter of seconds. And then what?

What would Kyungsoo do if Kai ended up hating him forever? He’d die, that’s what.

Kyungsoo rolled over in bed and opened his diary to scribble all his wishes to his lucky stars that Kai forgot all about him by the time morning came. He decided that maybe today wasn’t the day for him to make his official entrance into Kai’s book of people who exist in this world.

From then on Kyungsoo decided that he would everything in his power to shape up so he could make a grand entrance into Kai’s life and be the one that Kai ended up wanting to be with forever and ever amen.

Though come to think of it, Kyungsoo had no idea how he would do that. He was just an ordinary boy who happened to have extraordinary academic skills and a virtually non-existent social life, with the exception of the few time Baekhyun, his best and only friend, had managed to pull him out of his room and away from his books for a day out in the city.

Kyungsoo must admit that that was fun but it wasn’t a regular occurrence due to Kyungsoo’s shy personality and his paranoia about people always staring at him when he’s out in public.

Kyungsoo always felt like he had something on his face whenever he tried to dress up and go out with Baekhyun- this being mainly because whenever he’d walk past girls his age they’d scream and squeal as though terrified by some monster under their beds. It got annoying after a while and whenever he told Baekhyun that he wouldn’t go out with him again because of all the bad attention he got, Baekhyun would always laugh at him and say something silly like: “They think you’re cute pabo.” Or “Don’t be silly, all those other guys had nothing on you today. That’s why they squealed.” But Kyungsoo that those kind words were just his friend’s way of trying to make him feel better for always being wide-eyed and scary in public and frightening all the girls until they screamed.

Kyungsoo was well aware of the fact that he was not even close to being a heart throb. And so that’s why he had to work on improving his appearance and overall personality.

It was the only way for him to get even close to being the guy that the likes of Kim Jongin would deserve.

And so, as Kyungsoo spent the night thinking about how he could possibly be a better guy for Kai, he made himself a promise.

“I’ll never present to you as the pathetic person that I am no Kim Jongin. I’ll be what you deserve first, and then I can finally consider uttering more than a single word to you. I promise I’ll make myself worthy of you!”

***