One

The Student's Journal

It never really occurred to me that I could get into trouble for all the trouble that I caused. I never did and perhaps it was this carelessness that kept me out of it.

My friends and I liked to consider ourselves as comical little, untamed beasts. We don’t hold rules in any regard and we enjoy bending the law. Though my friends and I are wild, we don’t harm anyone or intend on it. We’re simply crazy and rough, which is what people like and dislike about us most.

Unlike most of the crazy people similar to us, we don’t get involved in drugs. As Sehun liked to put it, we didn’t want to ruin our pretty faces.

But we found immense pleasure in running around and pissing people off to the maximum. Vandalism and breaking into places we aren’t supposed to, is our specialty. We get extremely pleased to see anyone’s face go purple with anger.

Today, Sehun and I were going to get back at a cop that had given Sehun community service hours at some lame hospital. Risky, but we liked the thrill of almost getting caught. This particular cop knew my friends and I, he was often stationed at our school and knew that we were the heart of mayhem there.

Sehun was planning on doodling over the cop’s squad car. The cop and his partner would always be ‘on duty’ near a club. I was supposed to piss the cop and his buddy off while Sehun left his mark. The club was at a corner and the cop’s car would be right in front of the corner. Sehun would exit through the side door and have his fun on the back of the car. There was no camera that viewed that side of the club, someone (Baekhyun) had broken it a while ago and the replacement still hadn’t come.

“Let’s go in first,” Sehun said as we neared the club. I popped my bubble gum and nodded.

I’m not very fond of clubs, so many people and so much noise. My friends aren’t either but it's an ideal place to cause mayhem in a mass of so many moving people.

We went to the side of the club and I said, “I can guarantee you like three minutes.”

“Not a problem, I only need one,” Sehun showed me the many coloured markers that he had stowed in his pocket.

I smirked, “You’re such a child, Oh Sehun.”

“Shut up,” he said. After safely stowing his markers away, he said, “Okay, go now.”

“Come out in a minute and don’t you dare do anything until you’re sure I’ve got them,” I warned.

“Yeah, yeah.”

I walked through the crowd, ignored the offerings girls made to me and found myself outside.

I strolled over to a streetlamp that was near the other side of the club and leaned against its post. The cop I was concerned with, Officer Song, noticed me but I looked the other way.

I popped my gum and then decided I didn’t want it due to the loss of flavour. I took it out of my mouth and stuck in on the streetlamp post beside me.

“Oi!” the cop got out of his car and yelled. “What are you doing?”

“Leaning against this streetlamp.”

“Very funny,” he said in an unamused voice. “What are you doing here anyways? Shouldn’t you be breaking into the new warehouse on the next street?”

“That’s next weekend, bud, slow down,” I said casually.

He glared at me, “You’re up to something.”

“Yes, I’m planning on taking this streetlamp home.”

Officer Song wagged his finger, “I’m watching you.”

“I’m flattered,” I smiled mockingly. I saw Sehun’s figure duck behind the car and mentally sighed. Sehun was too impatient, one cop was still sitting inside and the other was standing ten feet away from him.

Thinking quickly, I saw a cute girl walk by me so I took her bag and began running away from the club down the street.

“Hey!” the girl yelped. Pretty soon, the girl and the two cops were chasing me. When we were far enough, I purposely slowed down and let Song catch me.

“Gotcha,” he stopped me and took the bag. He gave it to the girl once she and the other cop caught up with us.

“Here you go,” he said and then added to me, “This young lady could press charges, you know.”

“Why would she? It was a joke,” I said smoothly, putting my arm around the girl. “Right, hun?”

“What?” the girl looked baffled as she looked up at me. I gave her a sweet smile and send her a wink.

“Ma’am, do you know him?” Officer Song asked.

“Obviously she would know her man,” I said. “I was waiting for her just now and decided to pull a little prank on her as she came to meet me. Now, if you’ll excuse us, we have to go.” I led the girl away and headed towards the club. I’d gotten Sehun a good extra five minutes so if he wasn’t finished, I didn’t care.

As we walked away from the cops, the girl looked up at me, “Why did you try to take my purse?”

“I wanted your attention,” I smiled. She turned rather shy and quiet and I smirked. Girls are so easy.

We went straight into the club but I kept the girl with me in case the cops followed. I chanced a glance behind me and thankfully, they didn’t.

“Yo. What took so long?” Sehun appeared in front of us. He looked at the girl, “Who’s the chic?”

I retracted m arm and winked at the girl again, “Wait for me by the bar.”

The girl, fazed, nodded and left.

To answer Sehun’s questioning gaze, I explained to him what I did so he could have a clear field.

“So I hope you got the car good,” I said when I finished.

Sehun snorted, “I got it real good. Why didn’t you just dump the girl?”

“Use your brain, Sehun. I just used her so I wouldn’t get in with the cops. If I openly dump her, she’ll go back to the cops and tell them she doesn’t know me and that it wasn’t a joke.”

“Oh. Right,” he nodded. “What if she thinks you ditched her-”

“Which I did.”

“-and goes to the cops anyways?”

“She won’t,” I said confidently. Sehun shrugged, “Okay.”

“Let’s leave, I’ll go first. If we go together and they’ve already noticed the car, they’ll know it was us,” I said.

“Thanks man,” Sehun grinned as I left.

“YOU!” an angry voice called as soon as I got out.

“Yes?” I blinked as Song’s red face appeared in front of me.

“OUR CAR!” he roared in my face, his breath that smelled like garlic filled my nose.

“I didn’t do that,” I said honestly as he pointed to the creative patterns and phrases with profanity on his car.

“LIAR!”

“You saw me this entire time,” I shrugged, “Bring me evidence that I did that.”

He looked furious as he looked around, as if hoping the culprit would just come marching up the street to say that they did it.

“See ya later, I hope that marker comes off easy. Your boss wouldn’t be too happy if you ruined a squad car,” I smirked before leaving.


At school the next day, my friends and I were hanging out near the back of the school where the garbage bins and garage for the auto classes were.

“So Kai, Sehun told me about your adventure on the weekend,” Suho, who was kind of like our leader, said. “Proud of you guys.”

Sehun and I laughed while Chanyeol and D.O clapped and Baekhyun whistled.

“Hey, you kids! Go to class!” the caretaker appeared from the corner, rolling a bin full of garbage bags towards us.

“Let’s go,” Chanyeol hopped off a garbage bin and we left for the front of the school. We were about twenty minutes late, but that was how it was every day. Who had time to get to class with punctuality anyway?

We separated when we got into school; Sehun went with me since we were in the same class.

As we were walking, I noticed the principal, who I’m proud to say is rather scared of us and our wild ways, with a middle aged man who looked like he meant business. Principal Jung was obviously trying to make an impression on this man who looked like his underwear was three sizes too small.

“You two!” he said in what would have been a strict, authority- filled voice. “What are you doing out of class?”

“We’re going to class,” Sehun told him.  

“This late? You should be on time!” he said loudly, looking impressively at the new man. I tried hard not to roll my eyes, this was so unlike him. A weak, jumpy sort of man was what he was usually like and unable to control the students very well.

“We can be late, it’s not against the law,’ I said. “You’ve never said anything about our lateness before. Careful, sir, if you keep badgering us about lates, someone might fill your desk with dirt again.

Principal Jung looked very embarrassed and the new man looked astounded as he raised his eyebrows.

“Is that how you speak to your principal?” he asked in a deep voice. He had small, mean looking eyes that were the exact same shade as his dark hair. “Is that what you use your mouth for?”

“It’s how I speak to everyone,” I informed him while Sehun turned his laugh into a cough.

“Who are you? Detective? Mouth police?” Sehun asked.

“Vice Principal Lee might be leaving us soon and Mr. Choi here is considering taking his place,” Principal Jung told us. “He’s a strong believer in change and punishment.”

“That’s interesting,” I said in a bored voice. “Well we better be off, don’t want to be late to class.”

I nodded my head with a smirk on my face and Sehun and I left. I know that the new man was thinking of trying to get a hold of me, I had a way of infuriating people. He looked like he wanted to teach me a lesson.

But I’m Kai, I don’t learn any lessons from anyone.


Hi :)

So what do you think? I'm always worries about first chapters.

And no, the random girl Kai picked up at the club isn't Saehee XD

Well byebye!